Cross-religious marriage

Greg Jennings

I would like to hear honest, relatively unfiltered opinions on such subjects as Christian-Jew, Christian-Muslim, and Christian-Atheist marriages.

I don't want people called out for dissenting opinions or PC. I just want a fluid thread without needless judging and name-calling taking up 4/5 posts. If you hate someone's opinion, just please keep it to yourself here. Let them give their raw thoughts without fear of repercussion or insult

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I would like to hear honest, relatively unfiltered opinions on such subjects as Christian-Jew, Christian-Muslim, and Christian-Atheist marriages.

I don't want people called out for dissenting opinions or PC. I just want a fluid thread without needless judging and name-calling taking up 4/5 posts. If you hate someone's opinion, just please keep it to yourself here. Let them give their raw thoughts without fear of repercussion or insult

first of all, it will not work.

It may for a while but how are you going to raise the children if parents are not agreeing faith?

The children will have no secure mentally. It is disaster for the child rearing unless one convert to the spouse'.

Greg Jennings

It may for a while but how are you going to raise the children if parents are not agreeing faith?

The children will have no secure mentally. It is disaster for the child rearing unless one convert to the spouse'.

What if the children are raised with an ideology stressing that most, if not all, religions are just different ethnicities' of men way of reaching the same universal force: or God

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Paul's opinion: "But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her. And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband, otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart, a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace." (1 Corinthians 7:12-15)

Greg Jennings

Paul's opinion: "But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her. And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband, otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart, a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace." (1 Corinthians 7:12-15)

Thank you. This comforts me

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
IMO, it's seems less likely to produce a stable marriage when the individuals hold different views on religion and morality.

That's very perceptive. Likely a Christian with orthodox views on charity, chastity, and so on married an orthodox Jew or orthodox Muslim, they'd get along better than if that Christian married Donald Trump, who doesn't consider lying or adultery to be sins, and thinks that it's unnecessary to ask God for forgiveness.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Christians should not marry non-Christians. However, if two non-Christians marry, and then one of them gets saved, the Christian should not divorce just because they became a Christian. If the non-Christian wants a divorce however and refuses to convert, then the Christian should accept the divorce. See the passage Jamie quoted.

This is the second thing today that I have found that we are in agreement upon. What's going on!?

As you said, Meshak, if a Christian marries a non-Christian, it will have lasting (and devastating) consequences for any children.

That being said, if the couple is already married, and one of them becomes a Christian, then that person should witness to their spouse with the hope that they become a Christian, as well as any children the couple might have.

As I said above, what Paul is saying here is within the context of the couple already being married. If they are not married, then the Christian should not marry the non-Christian. They shouldn't even be in that kind of relationship with them.