Did we re-evolve after the comet that killed all the dinosaurs?

koban

Who is G_d? I see this name ever so often and not only do I wonder who this is but I also wonder how in the world is it pronounced?

Everytime I try, it always comes out, "Gudu". Those short little "u" vowels keep slipping in there. No matter how hard I try I can't pronounce it without it sounding like this.I even try and say it real fast so those nasty vowels won't get in the way but it still comes out a quicker "Gudu".

I think you're supposed to insert a vowel.

Gid?

Gad?

Ged?

GuySmiley

Here is another great evolution link that talks about how the eye evolved. Click on the eyeball!
:rotfl:

I love it!

Eugene E Scott: "First you start with a bunch of light sensitive cells . . . " Wow, thats simple!

After all, that's nearly how eyes form in the womb, it must be true! I bet our common ancestor with monkey's must have looked like a fetus then.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I love it!

Eugene E Scott: "First you start with a bunch of light sensitive cells . . . " Wow, thats simple!

After all, that's nearly how eyes form in the womb, it must be true! I bet our common ancestor with monkey's must have looked like a fetus then.
I remember these stories :rotfl:

HERE'S A FISH WITH WEIRD EYES!!!!

We must have had eyes like this once too!

One Eyed Jack

I love it!

"If it can grow, it can evolve."

That sounds convincing -- if you buy into recapitulation.

laughsoutloud

I love it!

Typical - throw up a challenge, get a response, then draw a new line - "Oh, we didn't mean evolution of the eye, we meant light sensitive cells!

So how far back do you want to go? Didn't you do the paramecium experiment dealing with light sensitivity in school? Do you deny that there are light sensitive cells? Or do you think that God made light sensitive cells, and then let evolution take over from there?

The point of the explanation is how evolution OF THE EYE could have worked, not evolution from the first life.

But here is information on the development of light sensitivity.
You are reading these words right now because 600 million years ago, an aquatic animal called a Hydra developed light-receptive genes—the origin of animal vision.

You'd think that you do not want evolution to be true (except, of course, when evolution kicked into hyper-speed to generate all the current species from the few kinds on the ark).

griffinsavard

Typical - throw up a challenge, get a response, then draw a new line - "Oh, we didn't mean evolution of the eye, we meant light sensitive cells!

So how far back do you want to go? Didn't you do the paramecium experiment dealing with light sensitivity in school? Do you deny that there are light sensitive cells? Or do you think that God made light sensitive cells, and then let evolution take over from there?

The point of the explanation is how evolution OF THE EYE could have worked, not evolution from the first life.

But here is information on the development of light sensitivity.

You'd think that you do not want evolution to be true (except, of course, when evolution kicked into hyper-speed to generate all the current species from the few kinds on the ark).

Typical evolution garbage... :loser:

LOL since you say you are a Christian what part does God play in his Creation? From the way you speak God didn't do anything in this magnificent design but everything evolved through blind chance. What part does God play in Creation in your world-view? :confused: List some verses please, I don't just want your opinion. Back up what you say with some evidence :crackup:

laughsoutloud

Typical evolution garbage... :loser:

LOL since you say you are a Christian what part does God play in his Creation? From the way you speak God didn't do anything in this magnificent design but everything evolved through blind chance. What part does God play in Creation in your world-view? :confused: List some verses please, I don't just want your opinion. Back up what you say with some evidence :crackup:
Personally, I think He did it all. How? The Big Bang, stellar evolution, biological evolution. Why? The evidence is powerful.

The only people who deny the evidence of an old earth and common descent are folks who have a prior commitment to an answer, and would not change their mind, no matter what evidence was presented.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
More than just microscopic life lived through the catastrophe. Animals like sharks, turtles, crocodilians, and the small mammals that were our ancestors all survived the event...
vil2_deguisesouris.gif

Scurry into your underground ark city then. The rest of us :straight: are going in the rapture. The bombs may fall :idunno: as we go up (1 Thess 4:17). :rapture:

No, the S1 comet is not a threat.