Discussion - Enyart vs. Ask Mr Religion (One on One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patman

Not as difficult as all that, If I offer you ice cream and know you like chocolate, it doesn't make a difference what other flavors are available. You are determined to get chocolate. Your decision is known and there are no other choices because of one's chocolate affinity. I don't like chocolate. My desire dictates what I eat. You say I'm locked into vanilla. You may be right, but I'd have it no other way and don't mind at all that I am a slave to my predictability that gives God and anyone buying me a dessert a certian foreknowledge that constrains me to that choice.

God made my tastebuds the particular way they are and I wonder if He didn't make me a vanilla-lover in the first place. "Oh no! I'm a vanilla robot!!!" ('Please' and 'so what?'). If I'm without LFW (and I believe I am) it dimishes my self-importance which is where I desire to be. That desire is a fundamental impetous for believing as I do.

Or we could take that to its full measure and say "God made me want to go to to hell" and "God made you want to go to heaven."

We should care about those hell bound, it is just their god given preference...
:eek: :thumb:

Lon

Or we could take that to its full measure and say "God made me want to go to to hell" and "God made you want to go to heaven."

We should care about those hell bound, it is just their god given preference...
:eek: :thumb:

Point 1: Yes we should. Think about it...
However, remove yourself from the hell-bound list. I believe OV wrong but do not question your salvation.

Point 2: God is concerned for the lost and it is their God-given preference.

patman

Point 1: Yes we should. Think about it...
However, remove yourself from the hell-bound list. I believe OV wrong but do not question your salvation.

Point 2: God is concerned for the lost and it is their God-given preference.

Well, the "me" was figurative. I wasn't trying to make you out to be holier than thou.

My point was really that foreordination is about more than your favorite flavor of ice cream, it is about where God foreordained you to go.

If you say God makes you like what ice cream you like, how much more would he make you like your eternal resting place? If God made them that way, why should anyone be concerned?

S.V. theism sets us up so we don't have to care and so we don't have healthy concerns because it makes it followers foolishly believe that everything will be alright when in reality everything will be alright for only half of the population. It makes us not care because we go around thinking this is how it was meant to be, so why worry? That is dangerous and unhealthy thinking.:down:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
S.V. theism sets us up so we don't have to care and so we don't have healthy concerns because it makes it followers foolishly believe that everything will be alright when in reality everything will be alright for only half of the population. It makes us not care because we go around thinking this is how it was meant to be, so why worry? That is dangerous and unhealthy thinking.
What is unhealthy is your assumption that the number of lost is far greater than the number of saved. Nothing can be farther from the truth. :thumb:

patman

What is unhealthy is your assumption that the number of lost is far greater than the number of saved. Nothing can be farther from the truth. :thumb:

AMR, that is besides the point. If God neglected to ordain even one person from the punishment that awaits in hell, we shouldn't live under the assumption that everything will be OK because those in hell won't believe the same thing.

Nang asked me how to keep her granddaughters from sinning under open theism. She, for some reason, believes her granddaughters will be protected from sexual sin because "they put their future in God's hands."

This is unhealthy! Because of this naive thinking she is leaving a gaping hole of vulnerability. She is unafraid of the sin her grand daughters face because she thinks the future is magically in their favor because God settled it that way.

With the same hope she has for her granddaughters future she negletcts to see the thousands of people who's futures were also in God's hand but yet somehow ended up in hell.

You guys preach a false security.

Now what will happen when the future blind-sights someone with something terrible and no one is to blame but God, whom they think made it happen?

S.V. is a false hope that all is well in the future. Millions burning in hell right now can verify this. Even if there are zillions in heaven, the millions had no choice but to go because they didn't make the cut... and what really sucks is they were cut before they were even born according to S.V..

What is the point in anything via S.V.? God will make it all happen, he will send these people to hell because he wanted, he will send these people to heaven because he wanted to, and no one can do anything about it.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang asked me how to keep her granddaughters from sinning under open theism. She, for some reason, believes her granddaughters will be protected from sexual sin because "they put their future in God's hands."

This is unhealthy!

Obedience performed in faith is spiritually "unhealthy?"

How can such be denied by anyone who claims to be a Christian?

Nang

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Nang

Your religion has nothing to do with Christianity.

You sound like a Jew but you're not that either.

patman

Nang

Can you even read?

To clarify, for those who even care, Nang thinks somehow God predestined her granddaughters to not sin sexually, and is therefore hopeful that they will not sin. I say this is unhealthy because it is letting down your guard. Not only does it put you at risk of sinning, it challenges faith in God when you sin. Why, because you were supposed to be predestined not to sin - if you sin in ways you were not predestined to, what does that say about God?

Just because you think God knows the entire future means nothing on what you want to happen in the future. It is false security to claim you future is secure the way you want it to be in any area of life other than eternal salvation.

It is dumb to think "because God's future knowledge is exhaustive my granddaughters will never sin sexually," and leave it at that.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Can you even read?

To clarify, for those who even care, Nang thinks somehow God predestined her granddaughters to not sin sexually,

First, this is not my argument and I never said God "predestined" my granddaughters virginity. "Predestination" has to do with fate, not everyday life and decent daily behavior.

and is therefore hopeful that they will not sin. I say this is unhealthy because it is letting down your guard.

What?

Girls determining to guard theirselves from fornication and sexual sin, according to bible teaching, is unhealthy? How can putting up a Scriptural and moral guard on one's behavior, be "letting down your guard?"

Not only does it put you at risk of sinning, it challenges faith in God when you sin.

You don't get it, Patman. My girls are repenting from sexual sins, before they are presented with the opportunity or temptation to commit those sins. Repentance does not have to happen within ten minutes of the temptation to be repentance. My girls are turning away from sexual sin even before being tempted. There is biblical precedence for this holy attempt.

Why, because you were supposed to be predestined not to sin - if you sin in ways you were not predestined to, what does that say about God?

You simply display your ignorance of the content of my witness, and your ignorance of the doctrine of predestination.

Just because you think God knows the entire future means nothing on what you want to happen in the future. It is false security to claim you future is secure the way you want it to be in any area of life other than eternal salvation.

It is dumb to think "because God's future knowledge is exhaustive my granddaughters will never sin sexually," and leave it at that.

My gosh . . all I have testified to, is my granddaughters trust the Lord to bring them Christian husbands who will appreciate their virginity. Because they have been taught, that male appreciation of their purity, will bring them a lifetime of blessing according to clear conscience and entering marriage without baggage.

If you have daughters, Patman, will you teach them or want anything less for them?

Nang

patman

What?

Girls determining to guard theirselves from fornication and sexual sin, according to bible teaching, is unhealthy? How can putting up a Scriptural and moral guard on one's behavior, be "letting down your guard?"

I wish someone would make you go away until
1. You learned how to read.
2. You stopped making others look like they said things they didn't.

Oh I-wish-I-wish-I-wish-I-wish-I-wish-I-wish.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wish someone would make you go away...
Well, judging by this post of yours, I wish you could prove yourself worthy of civilized and intelligent discourse, but we don't always get what we wish for, do we?

patman

Well, judging by this post of yours, I wish you could prove yourself worthy of civilized and intelligent discourse, but we don't always get what we wish for, do we?

On the contrary, that wish has been granted long before you ever thought about subscribing to TOL. But you are so sensitive that you demonize people around you, especially if they disagree with you.

You are too in love with yourself and your ideas to ever deem me worthy. And just so you know, that time I wasn't being sarcastic.

It takes a lot to get me to this point, especially on a message form, but you are a :loser:

Have fun worshiping Mr. Calvin and his imaginary cat Hobbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.