Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
To all who say Jesus is God but not the Father, you deny Jesus referring to himself as Father in a prophetic scripture.

You also deny that I can say Jesus is also the Father and Holy Spirit, according to Isaiah 9:6.

The problem is your wrong interpretation of this proof text in light of dozens of others that contradict your interpretation. This is how sects and cults start and continue.

We have given you alternate understanding (father of eternity, etc.), but you prefer preconceived bias vs evidence.

God's Truth

The problem is your wrong interpretation of this proof text in light of dozens of others that contradict your interpretation. This is how sects and cults start and continue.

We have given you alternate understanding (father of eternity, etc.), but you prefer preconceived bias vs evidence.

You do not believe what the scriptures plainly and clearly say. The Bereans checked the scriptures to see if what they were told was true. You need special exegeses to get the scriptures to say something it does not say.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Jesus says do not give what is sacred to just anyone, for they will trample it and then attack you.

Mormons say their temple ceremonies are sacred. They are actually secret and would be exposed as false, Masonic, etc. if fully known.

It is super spiritual and stupid to withhold your testimony (which is subjective and not proof of anything, necessarily).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You do not believe what the scriptures plainly and clearly say. The Bereans checked the scriptures to see if what they were told was true. You need special exegeses to get the scriptures to say something it does not say.

Bereans did sound exegesis, something foreign to you.

God's Truth

Mormons say their temple ceremonies are sacred. They are actually secret and would be exposed as false, Masonic, etc. if fully known.

It is super spiritual and stupid to withhold your testimony (which is subjective and not proof of anything, necessarily).

Super spiritual and stupid?

You get bent out of shape when I tell you what Jesus says.

God's Truth

Bereans did sound exegesis, something foreign to you.

The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life. All we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

God’s word is understandable even to a young child.

How from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, see 2 Timothy 3:15.

We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105.

For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14.

God revealed the truth to little children, and God hid the truth from the wise and learned.

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

We are not to follow tradition or church laws or any human rules as authority for the church (Matthew 15:1-14; Colossians 2:8; Galatians 1:6-9; Proverbs 14:12; 2 John 9-11; Jeremiah 10:23).

lifeisgood

I was quoting Godrulz's insults. Anyone who can see can see that you are a false witness.

Such as you who said that my opinions were worthless?
Affirmed that you said no such thing and that I was lying.
Asked for the proof vociferously filled with indignation that you did not say what I said you said.
Was given the proof that you did say, did say, what I said you said.

And then, wasn't you, gt, who then said, after been given the proof that was demanded with such vociferous indignation,
wasn't you who said that I am contentious person?

I can see that you refuse to get to the head of the line so that you can see.

Levolor

13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. James 3:13-17

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life. All we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

God’s word is understandable even to a young child.

How from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, see 2 Timothy 3:15.

We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105.

For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14.

God revealed the truth to little children, and God hid the truth from the wise and learned.

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

We are not to follow tradition or church laws or any human rules as authority for the church (Matthew 15:1-14; Colossians 2:8; Galatians 1:6-9; Proverbs 14:12; 2 John 9-11; Jeremiah 10:23).

The apostles were men, God has set in the church teachers. How come you have picked up dud teaching?

God's Truth

Such as you who said that my opinions were worthless?
Affirmed that you said no such thing and that I was lying.
Asked for the proof vociferously filled with indignation that you did not say what I said you said.
Was given the proof that you did say, did say, what I said you said.

And then, wasn't you, gt, who then said, after been given the proof that was demanded with such vociferous indignation,
wasn't you who said that I am contentious person?

I can see that you refuse to get to the head of the line so that you can see.

Can you be quiet? You are typing, and that means you are lying. You cannot even see that this very post you made to me was nothing but contentious confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.