Disgusting PotD 1-30-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Nin,

Leviticus, when read from a Loving, Spiritual perspective, the perspective that
Jesus instructed us to take, says that we must be true to ourselves, to do
otherwise is sinful, it is in fact an abomination.

Reality bears this out. People who live a life of denying their true nature
tend to miserable, hurting themselves and others.

Let the peace of Christ dwell in your heart.

"Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, unless it's a sin we really really like and then we can fall back to dave's default "being true to ourselves"....."

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, unless it's a sin we really really like and then we can fall back to dave's default "being true to ourselves"....."

:ha:

johncalvinhall

How to Truly Be "True" to Yourself

How to Truly Be "True" to Yourself

"...says that we must be true to ourselves...."

We must be true to ourselves!

:jawdrop:
We must be true to ourselves?!?!?
Isaiah 64:6
6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
This person wants to me to be TRUE to myself?

I am a filthy sinner!
If I could get away with it,
I would lie,
I would cheat,
I would steal,
I would murder,
I would ....
You want me to be true to myself?

I agree! Everyone needs to be true to themselves, but not in the way the original poster thinks!
John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, [I am] the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Therefore, according to John 14:6, the ONLY way to truly be true to yourself is to come to Jesus Christ! Until such time, you are only deceiving yourself.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Being true to oneself is tantamount to declaring oneself his own god, defining right and wrong to suit oneself. Jesus never said or implied anything like that.

Matthew 5:17-20, Isaiah 5:20-23.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
And more :vomit: from dave:

Attraction to inlaws hurts self or others, its akin to a mixture of incest and adultery. So
does murder. Attraction to children harms children, attraction to animals harms animals.
You have yet to provide any evidence that consensual loving adult homosexual relationships
harm anyone.

You've made strong points about promiscuity and exhibitionism, and on those points I agree
with you completely. And I believe these issues were the intent of the Pauline admonitions
we've discussed ad nauseum.

For some people, Homosexuality is a sin, because its a promiscuous diversion and deviate
behavior rather than a true orientation. These are the people the Levitical laws are
addressing. For others, who have a Spiritual Nature, an Essence, which finds them
drawn into intimate relationships with the same physical gender, and repulsed by the idea of
intimate relationships with the opposite gender, to violate their Spiritual Nature would
be and is an abomination.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Dave Miller said:
For some people, Homosexuality is a sin, because its a promiscuous diversion and deviate
behavior rather than a true orientation. These are the people the Levitical laws are
addressing. For others, who have a Spiritual Nature, an Essence, which finds them
drawn into intimate relationships with the same physical gender, and repulsed by the idea of
intimate relationships with the opposite gender, to violate their Spiritual Nature would
be and is an abomination.
Ezekiel 28:15-19. Homosexual behavior is always a sin, no matter how one tries to justify or whitewash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.