ECT Do you see All, Some, None of the Spiritual Gifts in Operation Today?

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
I was in the Charismatic church for over 10 years, and I've seen lots of claims, but that is all they were.

rainee

I think the Bible says believers have gifts.
They do not have to be fancy gifts to serve the body I guess, but
I personally think it says or implies that Paul was irritated by speaking in tongues and would have preferred not one believer did it any more.
Can anyone show me where he is not complaining about it or talking negatively?

On the other hand I think he wanted every believer to prophesy. Every believer.

From there I could suspect that every Christian could to some extent
prophesy though it may not actually come about.
And perhaps not one can speak in tongues anymore.

However, the Word says signs and miracle will be done by the other side
and the world will follow after, right?

oatmeal

Where would you stand on this issue?

What gifts?

Eternal life? Romans 6:23. Yes,

Gift of Holy Spirit? Acts 2:38 Yes

Gift of righteousness? Romans 5:17. Yes.

Gift of salvation? Ephesians 2:8-9. Yes.

Gifts of ministries? Ephesians 4:8,11. Yes.

oatmeal

Letsargue

Where would you stand on this issue?

You can SAY, anything of spiritual gifts, but no one can PROVE A SINGLE ONE OF THEM. -- Are they NOT "SPIRITUAL" GIFTS of Faith!! - How then can you "SEE" the FAITHFUL GIFTS!! -- Faith is unseen, haven't any of you heard!!!!

Paul -- 032712

rainee

The important thing is your relationship with your Lord, right or wrong?
Then you either think it is important you grow in faith hope and love or you don't.
Christianity is not spectator sport.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
As long as faith is eternal everything is possible according to scripture. God knows that most of His children are too lazy and self willed and selfish to function in the body of Christ...it would mean death to self.

Letsargue

The important thing is your relationship with your Lord, right or wrong?
Then you either think it is important you grow in faith hope and love or you don't.
Christianity is not spectator sport.

You and the rest as a hunk of meat, cannot have anything to do with GOD OR JESUS CHRIST WHO IS SPIRIT!!
How can the meat ball blend with something that is unseen, such as Faith or a Gift of FAITH!! – Do you not understand that it’s the Spirit that is born, or carried by the Spirit until the BIRTH, AND NOT THE FLESH, and one is BORN of the Spirit, and not some carnal garbage you call GIFTS!!
– Why can’t any of you understand that the FLESH –( “PROFITETH NOTHING” )- and you are having their meat receiving GIFTS FROM GOD!!!!!! – What do any of you geniuses do with, --- James 1:17 KJV -----//-- What kind of double talk, or double mindedness is that!!! ---- WELL DONE!!

Paul – 032812

Letsargue

As long as faith is eternal everything is possible according to scripture. God knows that most of His children are too lazy and self willed and selfish to function in the body of Christ...it would mean death to self.

Where did you dig that up from!! -- Where did you get that Faith is eternal!! - God is eternal, and everything that the stupid mind of man can conger up is DEAD, having NO LIFE OR FAITH AT ALL!!

There are NO LAZY CHRISTIANS; - just fools that say, and don't have the slightest idea what God said. -- Get out of yourself and walk through the Word with the Word / Truth / "Jesus" of God!! ----- Guess what I just said!!!!!

Paul -- 032812

rainee

Hello Paul
It has been a while, how are you doing? I hope well and fine?
First if you believe what you are saying - and I do agree you have a point - but if you believe what you are saying then you must believe the following too?
James 1:19-20 KJV
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

So if you will turn off the angry talk I will talk with you.
You and the rest as a hunk of meat, cannot have anything to do with GOD OR JESUS CHRIST WHO IS SPIRIT!!
Well we can't see God - now can't we see the resurrected body of the Lord Jesus since He ascended either.
We can't, we are earthly. I can't see anything spiritual, not angels or demons or anything.
So to that extent I totally agree with you.

How can the meat ball blend with something that is unseen, such as Faith or a Gift of FAITH!! – Do you not understand that it’s the Spirit that is born, or carried by the Spirit until the BIRTH, AND NOT THE FLESH, and one is BORN of the Spirit, and not some carnal garbage you call GIFTS!!

You are right, there is a carnal approach to spiritual gifts.

Because we are still wrestling I guess but with our carnal natures?

However, Paul said the foot is as important as the hand. He said the Same Holy Spirit feeds all. Right?

– Why can’t any of you understand that the FLESH –( “PROFITETH NOTHING” )- and you are having their meat receiving GIFTS FROM GOD!!!!!! – What do any of you geniuses do with, --- James 1:17 KJV -----//-- What kind of double talk, or double mindedness is that!!! ---- WELL DONE!!

Paul – 032812

Nothing? He fed the five thousand.

beloved57

There are no spiritual gifts for today such as in 1 Cor 12, in fact those who talk about those gifts and having them, when you examine their testimony of the Gospel, they reject the true Gospel, so you know all those gifts are not of God ! The Corinthian believers had first embraced the true Gospel, Tulip Truth !

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Eternal life? Romans 6:23. Yes,

Gift of Holy Spirit? Acts 2:38 Yes

Gift of righteousness? Romans 5:17. Yes.

Gift of salvation? Ephesians 2:8-9. Yes.

Gifts of ministries? Ephesians 4:8,11. Yes.

Good answer. Here is mine.

So then you will take my standing "Pentecostal" challenge? There are no gifts of the Holy Spirit today. Those were a taste of things to come. Unless you can heal the maimed and raise the dead. The deal is, raise the dead, take my house.

Letsargue

Hello Paul
It has been a while, how are you doing? I hope well and fine?
First if you believe what you are saying - and I do agree you have a point - but if you believe what you are saying then you must believe the following too?
James 1:19-20 KJV
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

So if you will turn off the angry talk I will talk with you.

Well we can't see God - now can't we see the resurrected body of the Lord Jesus since He ascended either.
We can't, we are earthly. I can't see anything spiritual, not angels or demons or anything.
So to that extent I totally agree with you.

You are right, there is a carnal approach to spiritual gifts.

Because we are still wrestling I guess but with our carnal natures?

However, Paul said the foot is as important as the hand. He said the Same Holy Spirit feeds all. Right?

Nothing? He fed the five thousand.

First one.
James 1:19-20 KJV -----//-- James is speaking to “CHRISTIANS” how to listen and speak to the brethren, NOT TO FOOLS, Jesus spoke kindly to His Disciples, but to fools, Jesus SLAMMED OUT OF THE TEMPLE!! – Sorry! – But what’s your point concerning Christians TO FOOLS!!

Second:
Speak for yourself, the Christians do and were ordained to see God face to face!! – Again, speak for yourself. - The Christian is a Heavenly CREATION / CREATURE!! --- Ephesians 2:6 KJV ---//-- The Angels are Spirit, and it’s the lost who cannot SEE THEM!! - The Lord didn’t say that the Church, or the Body of Christ cannot SEE ANGELS, but that “SOME”, and SOME ARE LOST!!

Third:
NO there is NO carnal approach to anything Heavenly, or the fools would be “Climbing up some other way”!! --- The Flesh cannot gain anything SPIRITUAL!! – How do you propose that you combine Carnal with Spirit. - They are as different as LIGHT AND DARKNESS, and SIN AND RIGHTEOUSNESS, GOD AND SATAN, “flesh and spirit”.
Again speak for yourself, --- I have no problem with whom or what I am. - I am at peace with Christ. – It’s the fools that I HATE, and FIGHT, WITH EVERYTHING Christ gives me, and will ever give me to fight the fools and the foolishness they get from their father the Devil!! – I stand condemned by FOOLS. - Look around you, and see yourself in all; I DO NOT!!
The Foot and the Hand Paul was referring to are and were the workers of the Body of Christ, not your or my hands and feet!! ---- The Holy Ghost does not feed the Foolish Lost with Truth, the Food of the Spirit / Spiritual / Christian / the Body of Christ made up of many ANGELS!! – “GOD FED THEM ANGELS’ FOOD”, --- NOT THE DEVILS’ FOOD!!

Fourth And Last:
The 4,000, and the 5,000 fed by Jesus is a total different thing. – It’s a Parable also, teaching that being “sanctified”, the Child of God will “EAT” more of the fish / the deep things of the Word, - than the false christian who is a fool, eating only that which floats on the surface. The shallow-minded fools!

Paul – 032812

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I was in the Charismatic church for over 10 years, and I've seen lots of claims, but that is all they were.

Unless you were in 1000s of them for decades, your sphere of knowledge is imperfect.

Cessationism is a lie traced to guys like Augustine and has no exegetical basis. Continuationism is the biblical, defensible position.

Anecdote is not an argument for or against, necessarily.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
There are no spiritual gifts for today such as in 1 Cor 12, in fact those who talk about those gifts and having them, when you examine their testimony of the Gospel, they reject the true Gospel, so you know all those gifts are not of God ! The Corinthian believers had first embraced the true Gospel, Tulip Truth !

Paul and Corinthians were clearly Pentecostal, not Calvinistic/TULIP?!

Nick: You are using the atheist or fraud exposer argument, not a biblical one. Jesus and Paul did not heal everyone all the time, but this is not an argument against them doing it. Not raising the dead routinely is not an argument against gifts of exhortation, wisdom, knowledge, administration, teaching, prophecy, healing, pastoring, giving, etc.

OneGodInChrist

I see spiritual gifts in operation on a relatively common basis, especially those in 1 Cor. 12 as well as others. However, they need to always be harnassed by the Word of God to avoid finaticism, and its good to keep in remembrance that signs are suppose to follow beleivers and not beleivers following signs.

The Berean

Hi S0Z0!

What kind of charismatic church were you involved with? What led you to leave it?

Last edited: