Ebenz hits it out of the park.

glorydaz

What bad behavior? And who are you to be passing judgment on everyone else's behavior? Have you never made a mistake? Have you never been caught up by circumstance? Are there no such things as mistakes or unforeseen circumstances in your world view? Or are you just claiming that there should NEVER BE? That we humans should always know in advance what will befall us if we do this or that? Because this seems to be what you're blaming people for … not knowing what they can't or don't know.
Ah! But YOU are able to recognize it, and so are able to pass judgment on them, for it.

Yet how can you hold them accountable when you already know they couldn't see it? That's both mean AND irrational!

Well, sue me. I believe there is a RIGHT and WRONG. I've done plenty of bad things (knowing full well I shouldn't be doing them), and when I went ahead and did them, I knew I deserved to pay a price for what I'd done. Just because I didn't always have to suffer for my bad behavior, doesn't mean I'm going to lie and say I had done nothing wrong. Like most normal people, I realize that I have a responsibility for every decision I make. It's the way I was raised.....admit when you do wrong. Don't try to pretend to be blameless. Simple common sense.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Well, sue me. I believe there is a RIGHT and WRONG. I've done plenty of bad things (knowing full well I shouldn't be doing them), and when I went ahead and did them,

I knew I deserved to pay a price for what I'd done

. Just because I didn't always have to suffer for my bad behavior, doesn't mean I'm going to lie and say I had done nothing wrong. Like most normal people, I realize that I have a responsibility for every decision I make. It's the way I was raised.....admit when you do wrong. Don't try to pretend to be blameless. Simple common sense.

maybe if you cut that out and tape it to a baseball bat you can beat some sense into some people here

PureX

Well, sue me. I believe there is a RIGHT and WRONG. I've done plenty of bad things (knowing full well I shouldn't be doing them), and when I went ahead and did them, I knew I deserved to pay a price for what I'd done. Just because I didn't always have to suffer for my bad behavior, doesn't mean I'm going to lie and say I had done nothing wrong. Like most normal people, I realize that I have a responsibility for every decision I make. It's the way I was raised.....admit when you do wrong. Don't try to pretend to be blameless. Simple common sense.
Actually, it's not common sense at all; any more than wearing fancy clothes means one deserves to be robbed, or having dark skin means one is likely to be a criminal. Just because you don't like people wearing fancy clothes doesn't mean they deserve to be robbed. Yet that's exactly what you're trying to maintain, here. You don't like women who display their sexuality, so you think they deserve to be raped for it.

And that's just a disgustingly selfish and mean-spirited position to take toward any other human being. Yet you, and others, here, are so spiritually ignorant that you don't even see it.

glorydaz

Actually, it's not common sense at all; any more than wearing fancy clothes means one deserves to be robbed, or having dark skin means one is likely to be a criminal. Just because you don't like people wearing fancy clothes doesn't mean they deserve to be robbed. Yet that's exactly what you're trying to maintain, here. You don't like women who display their sexuality, so you think they deserve to be raped for it.

And that's just a disgustingly selfish and mean-spirited position to take toward any other human being. Yet you, and others, here, are so spiritually ignorant that you don't even see it.

It has nothing to do with what I like or don't like. I have no problem with anyone wearing fancy clothes. But if they want to flaunt them in Harlem in the dark of night, they deserve whatever they get.

I have no problem with women displaying their "sexuality". But if they choose to flaunt their sexuality in front of a bunch of men, they deserve whatever they get.

My opinion of someone's behavior has nothing to do with it. The fact is.... God has said certain behavior is WRONG, and deserves to be punished. It's a mercy when we happen to skate while doing something we know is WRONG. God gave us all a conscience so we have NO EXCUSE.

It's amazing how many people have no concept of right and wrong.

glorydaz

so it appears that purex and bybee are arguing that a poor poor college women shouldn't be expected to know that acting like a slut, stripping and giving lap dances at frat parties, drinking to excess and taking drugs just might posssibly increase her risk of getting raped

because woman are inherently morons, apparently :idunno:

If they aren't, they're doing a good job pretending to be.

bybee

I wonder what kind of a childhood would produce such an attitude?

glorydaz

I wonder what kind of a childhood would produce such an attitude?

Oh, now we go there, do we? Did you sit at the feet of that amateur psychologist that just got banned? He would have been proud of you. ;)

Too bad you don't have any info about my mom, dad, or husband cause you'd be able to go after them like you did Res. You're going to have to start making things up again so you can keep your mad on.

PureX

It has nothing to do with what I like or don't like. I have no problem with anyone wearing fancy clothes. But if they want to flaunt them in Harlem in the dark of night, they deserve whatever they get.
How do you know they are "flaunting" them? And why does "flaunting" deserve punishment, in your mind?
I have no problem with women displaying their "sexuality". But if they choose to flaunt their sexuality in front of a bunch of men, they deserve whatever they get.
Again, what does "flaunting" have to do with anything? Why is "flaunting" such a terrible thing in your mind that woman deserve to be raped for it???
My opinion of someone's behavior has nothing to do with it. The fact is.... God has said certain behavior is WRONG, and deserves to be punished.
It is your opinion that "God has said this". So, yes, this IS YOUR OPINION. And you should take responsibility for it. You seem to be real keen on forcing responsibility on everyone else, how about you taking some responsibility for yourself!
It's amazing how many people have no concept of right and wrong.
Everyone has a concept of right and wrong. They just don't all share YOUR concept of right and wrong. Nor is there any reason that they should, since you are just you, and you are not God. Nor are your opinions about God and what you think God says and thinks anyone else's responsibility to believe.

So in effect, the reason you want to see those women raped for "flaunting" their sexuality is because they don't believe in your concept of right and wrong. And that's just plain selfish and mean-spirited of you. And yet you can't even see this, in yourself. So what right do you have passing judgment on others, when you can't even take responsibility for your own ignorance and flawed character?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
...So in effect, the reason you want to see those women raped...

How do you know they are being raped? Everybody has a concept of raped and not raped. They just don't all share YOUR concept of raped and not raped. Nor is there any reason that they should, since blablablablabla