Elephants, evolution, and cancer

Interplanner

He is one of the secular (ie non-Christian) scientists who finds uniformitarianism to be inadequate. He says there are too many geologic anomalies and too many kinds of them to pay much attention to the antiquated, uneventful theory. Whether we are talking about folded bedrock, undersea canyons 3x the size of Grand but formed the same way and speed, or 10,000 mammoths buried standing in permafrost in Siberia, uniformitarianism is fantastical trash.

Clemens calls for reform merely on the basis of how granite has manifested: jagged and 'poorly sorted' conglomerate. Jagged granite exposure means things are very recent and arrived very rapidly. It had no time to 'round' out. Poorly sorted means convulsive turbidity. He is a member of the London Geological Association. "The granite domes of Yosemite could have formed in as few as 5 hours."

Silvestru has an excellent set of pages on 'what would sedimentary coverage look like if subjected to a convulsive, vertical-tectonic deluge event?' You might start there, and work back.

You'll have to do a bit more than read the titles. I meant read the material. Don't bother responding until you are up to speed and/or show an honest interest and/or can demonstrate something other than just an ability to ridicule.

Jose Fly

I'm sure you must mean the frustration of evolutionists???

Nope. As this thread, and other material I've posted demonstrates, evolution has been (and continues to be) the unifying framework of the life sciences for the last 150+ years, and continues to generate very useful results.

Creationism OTOH hasn't contributed a single thing in over a century.

6days

Creationism OTOH hasn't contributed a single thing in over a century.
As you know... evolutionism and creationism are beliefs about the past and don't contribute anything to science... Actually, it can be argued that evolutionism has harmed medical progress in some situations with evolutionists making false assumptions based on their belief system.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Have you noticed you're the only one laughing?
That's the odd thing about me... I don't really look around to see what if folks are laughing before I cut loose. If I'm amused or find something funny, I laugh. I would imagine it's awfully tedious for you do have to do so. :plain:

Greg Jennings

what about giant Sequoias and Redwoods and giant tortoises ?

They all die. Giant redwoods (which are Giant Sequoias) live thousands of years and tortoises a couple hundred under ideal conditions. Some pine trees can live two thousand also (you can tell with trees by the rings).

Unfortunately they all die eventually

fzappa13

That's the odd thing about me... I don't really look around to see what if folks are laughing before I cut loose. If I'm amused or find something funny, I laugh. I would imagine it's awfully tedious for you do have to do so. :plain:

Some of us look around us and some don't. Have fun crossing the road.

Jose Fly

As you know... evolutionism and creationism are beliefs about the past and don't contribute anything to science.

Still sticking to that lie, even in a thread that's specifically about evolution contributing to science? Still can't advocate creationism in an honest fashion, eh?

Oh well, I guess it's progress that you agree to the fact that creationism isn't science and hasn't contributed anything to science.

Actually, it can be argued that evolutionism has harmed medical progress in some situations with evolutionists making false assumptions based on their belief system.

Meh....you've been shown the data and information and the only thing you seem to be able to do in response is close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears, and pretend it doesn't exist.

Oh well. The data shows Christianity's hostility to science is one of the factors driving kids away from the faith. Keep it up 6days! :up:

Dan Emanuel

A better example is the Hydra as Alate One has already mentioned.

I like it because it shows that organisms can, biologically, never die.
These, and other, clues were left by God to show us what life before sin was like.
We can immortalize individual cell's.

DJ

egyptianmuslim

A better example is the Hydra as Alate One has already mentioned.

I like it because it shows that organisms can, biologically, never die.
These, and other, clues were left by God to show us what life before sin was like.

,Many living organisms has the ability of regeneration (cell renewal) ,but can't resist death by any external mean like pollution or any environmental changes

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
"Y'all?" What, precisely, do you think you are doing, dear? We all walk by faith, ... the question is, "in what?"

I suppose that's true that we all have faith in something, but by "y'all" I'm referring to Christians, since the Bible tells you to do so.

6days

MrDeets said:
I suppose that's true that we all have faith in something, but by "y'all" I'm referring to Christians, since the Bible tells you to do so.
Very good! Yes, we walk by faith.*

You might be family with a verse that says "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

IOW...we have faith based on evidence, and not a blind faith.*