End of Roe Vs Wade?

Arthur Brain

Everything necessary for sustaining life should be provided for by the parents of the child, which is pretty hard to do (not impossible, but very difficult) when there's only a single parent. It's much easier when both parents are present to divide the workload of raising and providing for (a) child(ren).
Ideally the needs of the child should be met by his/her parents but when parenting fails what then JR? The child doesn't have food, water, shelter? Just bad luck of the draw that he/she got stuck with lousy parents?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Precisely. It was "opinioned" onto the Constitution by Supreme Court justices, and it is their constitutionally-appointed responsibility to do so. The Constitution is a relatively brief document. It cannot possibly touch upon literally every topic in human experience. SC justices are there to fill in the gaps.
There is a reason why the SC never noticed this alleged "gap" for 200 years. Because it wasn't there.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
There is a reason why the SC never noticed this alleged "gap" for 200 years. Because it wasn't there.

"The Court is the highest tribunal in the Nation for all cases and controversies arising under the Constitution or the laws of the United States. As the final arbiter of the law, the Court is charged with ensuring the American people the promise of equal justice under law and, thereby, also functions as guardian and interpreter of the Constitution."

Arthur Brain

No. Words mean things.

That would be great. And I support subsidies that help children who need help, for whatever reason they need it. Nothing wrong in it.

You're not proposing that just because we can't or even won't help a person, that killing the person is a moral option?

That's what it sounds like.
It shouldn't be great, it should be the norm and thankfully is. There's a glaring double standard going on however when those who claim to be pro life deny that a child has the basic rights to that needed for survival. I wasn't arguing what you suggest at all.

Arthur Brain

The assumption is that they are getting married BEFORE "becoming one flesh."

Only if they have sex outside of marriage.

Yes, he did have comments about it.

False.

A single mother does not have the same capacity to raise her child as does a married couple, simply because the single mother has to both provide for herself and her child AND raise her child, whereas the married mother only has to raise her child, while her husband provides for both her and her child.

That alone puts a married couple far ahead of any single parent.

Then why use anything else?

The fact is that children raised in two-parent homes are MUCH better off than children raised in single-parent homes.

False.

A woman who wants to have sex should be expected to get married first.

The stigma around the words whore and slut exists for a reason. People like you have removed the stigma from those words, and it has led to tens of millions of dead babies.

Because truth matters....

... And ideas have consequences.

Erroneous beliefs and belief systems inherently destroy the foundations of society.
Again, the traditional paradigm doesn't work for everyone and your beliefs are not shared by the majority of society no matter how "truthful" you think they happen to be. It absolutely is derisory and unsupportable rubbish to claim that most mothers hate their children and simply saying "false" isn't a defence. If a woman wants to have sex without being married then that's her prerogative just the same as it is for a man but it's telling that your ire seems exclusively reserved for women with the "slut/whore" insults. If you think that patriarchal societies were healthy for women and children then think again.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Precisely. It was "opinioned" onto the Constitution by Supreme Court justices, and it is their constitutionally-appointed responsibility to do so. The Constitution is a relatively brief document. It cannot possibly touch upon literally every topic in human experience.
The Constitution says and I quofe, "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land ... ."

The federal code is anything but brief.
SC justices are there to fill in the gaps.
Ah-hah! Do I see a dim light starting to shine in your thoughts?

How do the justices "fill in the gaps"? They can't just use the Constitution itself, so how do they base their decisions, when "filling in the gaps"?

Hint, one way is through the doctrine of "Originalism".

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
How do the justices "fill in the gaps"? They can't just use the Constitution itself, so how do they base their decisions, when "filling in the gaps"?

They're called "landmark decisions of the United States Supreme Court," and they can contradict themselves from one generation to the next. They are called "landmark decisions" because they substantially change the interpretation of existing law:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ideally the needs of the child should be met by his/her parents but when parenting fails what then JR?

Then the parents have failed, and they shall face the natural consequences of it.

The child doesn't have food, water, shelter? Just bad luck of the draw that he/she got stuck with lousy parents?

Therefore the government should step in? No.

The government stepping in as much as it has is a major reason parents don't care for their children as much as they used to, because they know "the government will take care of my child if I don't."

There's a glaring double standard going on however when those who claim to be pro life deny that a child has the basic rights to that needed for survival.

There's no double standard at all.

The standard is that parents be responsible and care for their children, not murder them in the womb.

Again, the traditional paradigm doesn't work for everyone

Because "everyone" doesn't put in the effort to make it work. Laziness, selfishness, pride, lust, all these and more are fed at the expense of the child's future.

and your beliefs are not shared by the majority of society no matter how "truthful" you think they happen to be.

It's a good thing that how popular an idea is or how many people share it has nothing to do with whether it's correct or not, isn't it?

It absolutely is derisory and unsupportable rubbish to claim that most mothers hate their children and simply saying "false" isn't a defence.

False.

If a woman wants to have sex without being married

Then she should be prepared to carry the child to term that results from that sex.

then that's her prerogative

We call women who have sex outside of marriage "sluts," and rightfully so.

just the same as it is for a man

If a man has sex outside of marriage then he should be prepared to be the father of the child that is conceived in the woman's womb, AND be the husband to that woman.

If neither of them are prepared for that, then they shouldn't have sex, nor get married.

but it's telling that your ire seems exclusively reserved for women with the "slut/whore" insults.

No, my ire is reserved for women who behave like sluts and whores, and then think they don't have to deal with the natural consequences of being sluts and whores.

If you think that patriarchal societies were healthy for women and children then think again.

This is called begging the question. You have not established that patriarchal societies are unhealthy for women and children.

Thus, I dismiss your claim, since arguments made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
And how do they make their decisions?

Obviously, the Supreme Court has the Constitution as its basis for rendering decisions. But over the centuries the Supreme Court has rendered contradictory decisions on various issues. This shows that the Supreme Court is a living, changing, dynamic institution and not one that is--or even can be--immovably fixed in the explicit written word of the Constitution.

You will no doubt claim that you disagree with Plessy v Ferguson, but it could very easily be argued that the Court's decision in Plessy, as well as Dred Scott, etc., was in keeping with the "original intent" of the Constitution.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
So a non answer on both.

There's a shock...
I can't read your mind... I'm sure that I wouldn't want to if I could.

What is "it"? Is that too difficult for you?

The answer to the first question (which you would know if you studied God's Word) was that there was a time of tremendous trouble coming; the time of Jacob's trouble. Marriage would be very difficult during that time.

Arthur Brain

Then the parents have failed, and they shall face the natural consequences of it.

Therefore the government should step in? No.

The government stepping in as much as it has is a major reason parents don't care for their children as much as they used to, because they know "the government will take care of my child if I don't."

There's no double standard at all.

The standard is that parents be responsible and care for their children, not murder them in the womb.

Because "everyone" doesn't put in the effort to make it work. Laziness, selfishness, pride, lust, all these and more are fed at the expense of the child's future.

It's a good thing that how popular an idea is or how many people share it has nothing to do with whether it's correct or not, isn't it?

False.

Then she should be prepared to carry the child to term that results from that sex.

We call women who have sex outside of marriage "sluts," and rightfully so.

If a man has sex outside of marriage then he should be prepared to be the father of the child that is conceived in the woman's womb, AND be the husband to that woman.

If neither of them are prepared for that, then they shouldn't have sex, nor get married.

No, my ire is reserved for women who behave like sluts and whores, and then think they don't have to deal with the natural consequences of being sluts and whores.

This is called begging the question. You have not established that patriarchal societies are unhealthy for women and children.

Thus, I dismiss your claim, since arguments made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Well, nobody's arguing that the parent hasn't failed so that's kinda moot but the fact is that there's plenty who aren't ready and flat out unfit to be parents.

So who does step in JR? Or is it the child's lot to starve, go thirsty and be cold, maybe even die? What should happen to a child who's basic needs aren't being met?

Plenty of children are being raised responsibly out of that paradigm whether by single parents or couples who aren't married. Plenty are within also.

It absolutely is a double standard if you only care about a child up to it being born. You effectively don't care about children at all if you deny them the basic essentials to life post birth.

Saying that most mothers hate their children is derisory rubbish JR. It's a soundbite mired in hyperbole and ignorance. No wonder you can only say "false" time and again as you've no support for it in fact, else you provide some.

You might call such women sluts but what similar slurs do you have for men? I've no time for any of that sort of stuff frankly.

Patriarchal societies are by definition male dominated where women don't have equal rights or say.

Arthur Brain

I can't read your mind... I'm sure that I wouldn't want to if I could.

What is "it"? Is that too difficult for you?

The answer to the first question (which you would know if you studied God's Word) was that there was a time of tremendous trouble coming; the time of Jacob's trouble. Marriage would be very difficult during that time.
Yeah, you probably wouldn't but then I wouldn't wanna read yours either so...

You've read along easily enough haven't you? Are all men in supposedly non troubled times supposed to leave home and get married? Is that a command?

People study the Bible and have a myriad different takes on plenty of it so your say so doesn't mean anything in itself. First time I've heard this passage used in the way you describe.

Right Divider

Body part
Are all men in supposedly non troubled times supposed to leave home and get married?
No.
Is that a command?
No.
People study the Bible and have a myriad different takes on plenty of it so your say so doesn't mean anything in itself.
Just because there are differing opinions doesn't make mine wrong.
First time I've heard this passage used in the way you describe.
That doesn't make it wrong.