End of Roe Vs Wade?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
the fact is that there's plenty who aren't ready and flat out unfit to be parents.

Then they shouldn't have sex, because the natural consequence of sex is a baby.

So who does step in JR?

Answered in the very sentence you quoted.

Or is it the child's lot to starve, go thirsty and be cold, maybe even die?

That depends on the circumstances.

What should happen to a child who's basic needs aren't being met?

Why do you assume that something needs to happen?

Plenty of children are being raised responsibly out of that paradigm

That's debatable.

It absolutely is a double standard if you only care about a child up to it being born.

Why do you assume that I don't care about the child after he is born?

What part of "Parents [should] be responsible and care for their children" do you not understand?

What part of the above phrase in any way implies that I do not care about the child after he is born?

You effectively don't care about children at all if you deny them the basic essentials to life post birth.

On the contrary, I care so much that I advocate that parents be responsible and care for their children, and not murder them in the womb, and that the government not ruin that by attempting to provide for the child from cradle to grave.

Saying that most mothers hate their children is derisory rubbish JR.

False.

It's a soundbite mired in hyperbole and ignorance.

Hyperbole, yes. Ignorance, no.

No wonder you can only say "false" time and again as you've no support for it in fact, else you provide some.

False, because claims made without evidence (yes, even made by you) can be dismissed without evidence.

You might call such women sluts

They are, by definition, sluts.

but what similar slurs do you have for men?

A man who is promiscuous is whoremonger.

I've no time for any of that sort of stuff frankly.

Of course you don't, because you know you can't justify your position.

Patriarchal societies are by definition male dominated

So what?

where women don't have equal rights or say.

Not necessarily.

Yeah, you probably wouldn't but then I wouldn't wanna read yours either so...

God can read your thoughts, Arty. He doesn't approve.

Right Divider

Body part
I didn't actually provide a definition but it's pretty straightforward.
AB: Patriarchal societies are by definition male dominated where women don't have equal rights or say.

You seem to be having a problem with your brain.
A patriarchy is a society where men effectively 'rule the roost' so to speak, have supremacy in government and family etc.
And somehow, you think that men being in charge is automatically bad. What if the men are good godly men?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I mean, his username IS "Arthur Brain."

And somehow, you think that men being in charge is automatically bad. What if the men are good godly men?

He don't like that, because they won't support the gub'mint providin' fo' the chill'ins.

Arthur Brain

Then they shouldn't have sex, because the natural consequence of sex is a baby.

Answered in the very sentence you quoted.

That depends on the circumstances.

Why do you assume that something needs to happen?

That's debatable.

Why do you assume that I don't care about the child after he is born?

What part of "Parents [should] be responsible and care for their children" do you not understand?

What part of the above phrase in any way implies that I do not care about the child after he is born?

On the contrary, I care so much that I advocate that parents be responsible and care for their children, and not murder them in the womb, and that the government not ruin that by attempting to provide for the child from cradle to grave.

False.

Hyperbole, yes. Ignorance, no.

False, because claims made without evidence (yes, even made by you) can be dismissed without evidence.

They are, by definition, sluts.

A man who is promiscuous is whoremonger.

Of course you don't, because you know you can't justify your position.

So what?

Not necessarily.

God can read your thoughts, Arty. He doesn't approve.
People are gonna have sex regardless JR and they're not all gonna be married or want children either. That's reality as has been through the ages. Not everyone is religious or share anything like your beliefs.

What do you mean it's been answered in the very next sentence I quoted? Clarify here because if the child's essential needs aren't being met by its parents then that child is going to suffer and die if nobody else steps in to help be that government services or something else.

It's not really debatable where it comes to the issue of single parents responsibly raising their kids, there's plenty that do. Plenty that don't, sure, but it doesn't invalidate those that care for their children and meet their needs.

I assume it because you don't seem to allow provision for a children's needs if it has irresponsible parent's that don't meet them. What about that are you not getting because newsflash JR, not every parent is going to care for their child. It's naivety ran amok to even think otherwise. This is reality and if you deny a child the essentials it needs to live when the parents aren't doing their job then in no way do you care about children.

Wow, you admit its hyperbole, that's something at least. You've no evidence for it so not even my claim but good to see you recognize the exaggeration of it.

Nah, don't go in for it because it's just self righteous slurs and better things to do.

So male dominance results in women playing subservience to at least some extent. Ain't in favour of that.

You are very much not a spokesperson for God in regards to my thoughts or anyone else's.

Arthur Brain

I mean, his username IS "Arthur Brain."

He don't like that, because they won't support the gub'mint providin' fo' the chill'ins.
Self chosen as well although the self deprecating joke still flies over the heads of some people...

Do not go into stand up comedy whatever ya do JR...and just to clarify further, I'd sooner there was no need for any sort of child protection services that step in when the parents are failing in their duty to care for their children and that every parent met the needs of kids, but I live in the real world.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

AB: Patriarchal societies are by definition male dominated where women don't have equal rights or say.

That's still not me providing a definition itself is it? I'm informing you of how it's defined and you can easily avail yourself of plenty on the score.

Who defines what "good, Godly men" are? You? Others of similar beliefs? Pass. Sooner have a society where women are equal thanks.

Right Divider

Body part
That's still not me providing a definition itself is it?
Yes, it is.
I'm informing you of how it's defined and you can easily avail yourself of plenty on the score.
You defined it as "by definition" etc etc. You really do need to have your head examined.
Who defines what "good, Godly men" are?
You constantly give this kind of nonsense. Since you think that differences of opinion mean that no standard can be found. That's a fallacious argument (like you constantly use).
You? Others of similar beliefs? Pass.
Since you have no idea what it even means to have godly standards, you're not one to talk.
Sooner have a society where women are equal thanks.
A Biblical worldview has women as equals even though men are given the primary responsibilities (including that of respecting and protecting women).

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Yes, it is.

You defined it as "by definition" etc etc. You really do need to have your head examined.

You constantly give this kind of nonsense. Since you think that differences of opinion mean that no standard can be found. That's a fallacious argument (like you constantly use).

Since you have no idea what it even means to have godly standards, you're not one to talk.

A Biblical worldview has women as equals even though men are given the primary responsibilities (including that of respecting and protecting women).
No, it really isn't and perhaps I should have linked you to Merriam Webster or some site so you wouldn't have gotten confused on the score.

You're as much an arbiter of "standards" as any other given person who thinks that their standards are more "Godly" than other people's. Heard it all before on here.

If women are equal then there's nothing wrong with them having positions of power in government and having equal say in matters in and outside of the home then is there?

Right Divider

Body part
No, it really isn't and perhaps I should have linked you to Merriam Webster or some site so you wouldn't have gotten confused on the score.
Dude... you said BY DEFINITION ... That is BY DEFINITION giving a DEFINITION.
You're as much an arbiter of "standards" as any other given person who thinks that their standards are more "Godly" than other people's. Heard it all before on here.
I'm not... the Bible is... the Bible that you know so little about.
If women are equal then there's nothing wrong with them having positions of power in government and having equal say in matters in and outside of the home then is there?
Equal does not mean identical. Read the Bible for specifics about men and women.

Arthur Brain

Dude... you said BY DEFINITION ... That is BY DEFINITION giving a DEFINITION.

I'm not... the Bible is... the Bible that you know so little about.

Equal does not mean identical. Read the Bible for specifics about men and women.
It really isn't...informing you of an overview (obvious as it is) isn't the same as providing an actual definition. Really shoulda linked to Merriam Webster...

More of the same topped with a slur. Lost count of how many times people say that it's not them who are applying standards but the Bible and those who disagree know little about the same book - often among Christians themselves. Nothing new to see here...

Of course it doesn't mean identical but in terms of equality what's wrong with an equal say in both family and positions of power?

Right Divider

Body part
It really isn't...informing you of an overview (obvious as it is) isn't the same as providing an actual definition. Really shoulda linked to Merriam Webster...
If you're not providing a definition, don't use BY DEFINITION.
More of the same topped with a slur. Lost count of how many times people say that it's not them who are applying standards but the Bible and those who disagree know little about the same book - often among Christians themselves. Nothing new to see here...
You seem to keep claiming that since there are differences of opinion, that nobodies opinion is valid. That is incorrect and fallacious
Of course it doesn't mean identical but in terms of equality what's wrong with an equal say in both family and positions of power?
Why does God's definitions of the roles of men and women bother you so much?

Exactly how can a disagreement between TWO EQUALS be resolved?

Arthur Brain

If you're not providing a definition, don't use BY DEFINITION.

You seem to keep claiming that since there are differences of opinion, that nobodies opinion is valid. That is incorrect and fallacious

Why does God's definitions of the roles of men and women bother you so much?

Exactly how can a disagreement between TWO EQUALS be resolved?
Hey, in future I'll make sure to link to one as you're obviously het up about it.

Why should yours be considered any more valid than that of any other person around here in itself? Especially when you resort to slurs? I'm not inclined to give credence to folk who act like that and to be fair you're hardly alone on the score and I'm dismissive of others who do the same.

It's certain people who bother me with their insistence on the roles of men and women rather than the Bible.

Oh, through productive dialogue, compromise, stuff like that?