erinmarie's POTD 10-15-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinmarie

I may be a bit biased, but I think the Sibster showed PureX WHAT IS UP! haha! :cool:

Originally posted by PureX

I suppose the death penalty would work, but don't you fear a society that would kill people so easily?

That's exactly what our society is like right now. Tons of innocent lives are taken every day by criminals without any respect for life.

And you do know, I hope, that innocent folks do get convicted of these kinds of crimes often - far more regularly then we like to believe. Do you think it's OK to kill them, anyway?

Sounds like you watch too many courthouse dramas. I highly doubt as many innocent people are exectuted or charged as you might think. In the dramas, the person that looks like he has every reason to kill someone ends up being the innocent one, while the most unlikely person to commit the crime ends up being the murderer. I seriously don't think it is that hard to figure out who is guilty in real life. Criminals usually don't cover their tracks as well as they do on TV. Get your head out of the clouds. If it was that hard to figure out who was guilty then the news wouldn't show images of wanted criminals all the time.

Do you really believe that all this killing will stop child abuse?

Executing a child abuser, will stop him from repeating his offense (and if you can't see that, go give yourself a swirly). It will also help prevent people from murdering or abusing children in the first place, with such strong consequences in place. The main idea is to prevent before it is too late, not just kill as many people as possible.

And how do you think all this killing will effect society?

I think it would greatly decrease the murder rates. What is the point in keeping a guilty murderer locked up in a cage you and I (society) pay for the rest of his life?

We're already one of the most violent nations on Earth.

Yeah, that's because our government isn't moral enough to show our society that it means business when it comes to serious crime. Major faux pas of the justice system include: murderer O.J. Simpson and rapist Bill Clinton (who, by the way, are clearly guilty and most of us know that without even being involved in the case). But for some reason just because they are famous and don't seem like dirty criminals, they are allowed freedom, thanks to dumb jurors and crafty, greedy lawyers.

the Sibbie

Aww, shucks! :eek:

At the risk of being scorned for winning the popularity contest, I'll still thank you :emarie:!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Somebody got Sibbiesmacked!!! :up:

C

cattyfan

The Sibbinator strikes again! (love the new avatar, by the way)

Status
Not open for further replies.