Evolution gives a justification for evil.

way 2 go

Sorry but Nazi philosophy rejected evolution. Hitler considered that the different human races had been created by God separately - the Aryan race was the “master” race, created as “God’s highest handiwork”, the other races (Jewish, Africans, Gypsies) were races created by God as sub human and for the use of the master race.

Nazi ideologues strongly opposed most Darwinian concepts; they rejected evolution and the idea of natural selection, they rejected the common origin of the different human races. The writings of Darwin were banned in Nazi Germany and evolution was called an “English sickness”.

its the lies that hurt

But Nazi ““euthanasia”” was quite different in conception and practice from the dictionary definition, old or new. For it was derived, not from humanitarian or compassionate reasoning, but from pseudo-scientific theory and ruthless economic policy. The Nazis destroyed “life unworthy of life” (lebensunwertes Leben) as they termed it, not as an act of mercy, but as part of a strategy to murder that part of the population least able to defend itself.

link
The Nazis did not create this twisted version of euthanasia. Its roots lay in a selective reading of the evolutionary theories of Charles Darwin, and the distorted “scientific” thinking to which this gave birth. The term "eugenics",

6days

Evolution negates the need for Jesus to wipe out sin. If there was no "first man" to condemn all men(Romans 5:12), there is no need for a savior as put forth in the Bible(Romans 5:17). In order to maintain Biblical truth in a "perfect translation" type world view, as many here on TOL believe, evolution cannot be true.

Agree. . Common ancestry contradicts the gospel.

6days

MrDeets said:
By*your logic, aren't I at least just as safe than you? I am what most would consider a very good person, and I don't believe in ANY god, so I don't have to worry about pissing off the others if I'm wrong.

Christianity is very different from all other religions. Traditional religion is all about being good....about trying and hoping to please a god ( or gods).

Christ taught that we aren't and can't be good enough on our own. Our own 'goodness' is like filthy rags in God's sight because of our sin nature and deceitful hearts.*

How Christianity is different from all other religions is that God provided the bridge to Himself through Christ's death and resurrection. *Trying to build the bridge yourself through your own efforts ends in failure. *

For God so loved you MrDeets that He stretched out His arms going to Calvary and providing you a 'bridge' to forgiveness, and eternal life.*

TracerBullet

Don't you realize that is Hegelian? I don't find it logical. I don't want people to steal, therefore I exclude theft from proper behavior. It's perfectly logical to exclude.

not what anyone was talking about.

no Christianity is exclusive
Mat_12:30 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
This is the exclusion that the logical problem of fundamentalist Christianity.

Christianity is very different from all other religions. Traditional religion is all about being good....about trying and hoping to please a god ( or gods).

Christ taught that we aren't and can't be good enough on our own. Our own 'goodness' is like filthy rags in God's sight because of our sin nature and deceitful hearts.*

How Christianity is different from all other religions is that God provided the bridge to Himself through Christ's death and resurrection. *Trying to build the bridge yourself through your own efforts ends in failure. *

For God so loved you MrDeets that He stretched out His arms going to Calvary and providing you a 'bridge' to forgiveness, and eternal life.*

The bridge 6days talks about is the person of Jesus of Nazareth and how his death and resurrection formed the only way human beings can reconcile with and have a meaningful relationship with God and have the opportunity to go to heaven rather than suffer in hell. The problem stems from the fact that the bridge happened in a specific geographic location at a specific time. Meaning that the majority of humanity has never and could never been able to form that relationship and thus save themselves from eternal damnation.

If it is accepted that God is omnipotent (all powerful), omniscient (all knowing), and omnibenevolent (all good) there is no way to explain the exclusion of the majority of humanity from even the possibility of a relationship with God. If God does not possess the above 3 qualities then he is not God.

If God couldn't create this bridge at any other time or in any other way then he is not all powerful.
If God didn't realize he was condemning most of humanity to hell with out any possibility of avoiding it then he is not all knowing
If God didn't care about all those automatically condemned to hell or created them specifically to suffer for eternity then he is not all good.

The only way to resolve the dilemma is to reject the fundamentalist's claim of exclusion.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Evolution gave a justification for evil. If we are all animals with no purpose why not do evil things? Why not commit gennoacide? Besides "they aren't as evolved as us." And why not kill millions of the unborn? After all "they aren't human yet." And why not eugenics? "We need to help evolution along, kill off the weak so we can strengthen the more evolved." And why not do a school shooting? "Kill the Christians they are stupid animals with no purpose and their beliefs must be snuffed out."

Evolution didn't start evil, it just gives it justification.

The theory of evolution can't justify evil because this theory doesn't admit the existence of evil. Nothing is good or evil.
But the theory of an autocratic God would also justify evil in the same way. Because anything you supposedly believe God tells you to do would be justified. It would be completely indiscriminate as to good and evil in the same way that evolution is. Your autocratic God is by definition above good and evil.
Why don't you encourage honest debate by telling us what you believe and where you are coming from? Are you afraid of criticism or what?

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep, but at least if there is no god I got nothing to worry about. And if there is a god either I'm right or I'm wrong and still kind of ok cause I'm a really good person so maybe that god will be ok with me. At least I'm believing in a God.

I would rather believe in a God and find out there isn't one than not believe and find out there is.

If you are in any doubt that there is a God, then you don't believe in one. If you think that "if there is no god I got nothing to worry about" and there is a God, then you do indeed have something to worry about. It's subtle, but you don't get away with easy believism so easily. And if you are only saying this because you think it is a good argument to get others to believe in God, then you are just wrong and you are leading these people astray. Because it takes more than this to believe in God and more than this to receive salvation.