Evolution gives a justification for evil.

jzeidler

Evolution gave a justification for evil. If we are all animals with no purpose why not do evil things? Why not commit gennoacide? Besides "they aren't as evolved as us." And why not kill millions of the unborn? After all "they aren't human yet." And why not eugenics? "We need to help evolution along, kill off the weak so we can strengthen the more evolved." And why not do a school shooting? "Kill the Christians they are stupid animals with no purpose and their beliefs must be snuffed out."

Evolution didn't start evil, it just gives it justification.

OCTOBER23

YOU ARE AN ANIMAL .

WITH ADAM'S GOD BREATHED SPIRIT IN YOU.

NOW WITH THE COMFORTER INSIDE YOUR MIND.

Now what are you going to do ?

alwight

Evolution gave a justification for evil. If we are all animals with no purpose why not do evil things? Why not commit gennoacide? Besides "they aren't as evolved as us." And why not kill millions of the unborn?
Why on earth would you seem to think that doing evil things, genocide and abortions are somehow desirable purposes in their own right?
Is it only your fear of God that restrains you from approving of such things yourself?

After all "they aren't human yet." And why not eugenics? "We need to help evolution along, kill off the weak so we can strengthen the more evolved." And why not do a school shooting? "Kill the Christians they are stupid animals with no purpose and their beliefs must be snuffed out."

Evolution didn't start evil, it just gives it justification.
Darwinian evolution has no apparent goal or purpose, not even the killing off of Christians :rolleyes:. Besides religious beliefs are surely an evolved trait in humans.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
JZ it seems you have a fundamental misunderstanding of 'natural selection'. ''It is NOT the strongest of the species who survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.'' - Chuck D.

Interplanner

There is no question that even Darwin saw a very dark period of humanity coming, thanks to his Christian wife's counterarguments, and that T. Huxley loved the prospect of it. There is no question that 'young Germany' thought they were the most evolved, advanced form of nature, and the result was German monism (there is one reality) and Nazi philosophy. The BBC's Burke in THE DAY THE UNIVERSE CHANGED put the two together rather well. See also G. Baumgard's THE CRY OF THE DISSIDENTS on connection of evolution and Nazi philosophy.

In addition, there is the British counter attack on the Christian base of the American Revolution and Constitution. Military force failed, so they went to undercutting the direct connection of Creator and citizen in the Constitution, by attempting to purge a Creator from the scene. Not just to fight a new theological war, but to restore centralized Royal, Imperial government.

boristhespider

Why is it not beyond comprehension that God used evolution as a tool in his creation of the world , i would suggest that is the most logical conclusion that would match all the scientific evidence that proves evolution among species and the progression of our planet.

jzeidler

Why is it not beyond comprehension that God used evolution as a tool in his creation of the world , i would suggest that is the most logical conclusion that would match all the scientific evidence that proves evolution among species and the progression of our planet.

Because there is no evidence for ape to man Darwinian evolution. Also, if God used evolution then when did man get a soul? And why read the bible if it's not accurate about creation? And if Adam wasn't real the. Jesus was stupid when he talked about him. And Paul is dumb because he talks about the first Adam and Jesus being the last Adam. Evolution and the bible are not compatible.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber

Evolution negates the need for Jesus to wipe out sin. If there was no "first man" to condemn all men(Romans 5:12), there is no need for a savior as put forth in the Bible(Romans 5:17). In order to maintain Biblical truth in a "perfect translation" type world view, as many here on TOL believe, evolution cannot be true.

djokica8

Because there is no evidence for ape to man Darwinian evolution. Also, if God used evolution then when did man get a soul? And why read the bible if it's not accurate about creation? And if Adam wasn't real the. Jesus was stupid when he talked about him. And Paul is dumb because he talks about the first Adam and Jesus being the last Adam. Evolution and the bible are not compatible.
It's simple...
There is no soul!

alwight

Because there is no evidence for ape to man Darwinian evolution.
Since humans are already apes (Hominidae) then ape to man evidence isn't strictly necessary. However humans share a common ancestry with other apes, which is clearly evidenced by DNA and fossils.

Also, if God used evolution then when did man get a soul? And why read the bible if it's not accurate about creation? And if Adam wasn't real the. Jesus was stupid when he talked about him. And Paul is dumb because he talks about the first Adam and Jesus being the last Adam. Evolution and the bible are not compatible.
mmm, good questions. :think:

boristhespider

Anybody willing to commit to the age of the earth question, i have read several differing opinions and statement ranging from under 10,000 years to spot on 6,000 , what and why do you believe

I am truly hoping somebody will give an honest response.

Thankyou in advance.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Well if you're wrong I would hate to be you.

If you're wrong, I'd hate to be you, too!! The egyptian lake of fire sounds awful, so does Tartarus. Jahannam might be boiled AND burned in a lake of fire... I'm not even going to start in on Zoroastrian hell. <shudder>

jzeidler

If you're wrong, I'd hate to be you, too!! The egyptian lake of fire sounds awful, so does Tartarus. Jahannam might be boiled AND burned in a lake of fire... I'm not even going to start in on Zoroastrian hell. <shudder>

Yep, but at least if there is no god I got nothing to worry about. And if there is a god either I'm right or I'm wrong and still kind of ok cause I'm a really good person so maybe that god will be ok with me. At least I'm believing in a God.

I would rather believe in a God and find out there isn't one than not believe and find out there is.

boristhespider

Anyone willing to commit to the Age question , i find it fascinating that people with such staunch religious views and beliefs are unwilling to engage on this ... i suspect because they know what my next question/response will be and are more than aware this is a tough sell .... come on people try and convince me , i am open minded and more than willing to debate this seriously with an open heart as well as mindset. As this stage silence is speaking a million words.