Evolution gives a justification for evil.

jzeidler

Anyone willing to commit to the Age question , i find it fascinating that people with such staunch religious views and beliefs are unwilling to engage on this ... i suspect because they know what my next question/response will be and are more than aware this is a tough sell .... come on people try and convince me , i am open minded and more than willing to debate this seriously with an open heart as well as mindset. As this stage silence is speaking a million words.

If you want to ask that question post your own thread.

boristhespider

hmmm ok but this is directly related to evolution so i don't see the issue but as you wish , i am signing off for this evening so will leave until tomorrow

way 2 go

Evolution gave a justification for evil. If we are all animals with no purpose why not do evil things?

IF we were animals there would be no such thing as evil

a shark eating another shark is not evil but

because there is a God & we are created in his likeness

a person eating another person is evil

:carryon:

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Yep, but at least if there is no god I got nothing to worry about. And if there is a god either I'm right or I'm wrong and still kind of ok cause I'm a really good person so maybe that god will be ok with me. At least I'm believing in a God.

By your logic, aren't I at least just as safe than you? I am what most would consider a very good person, and I don't believe in ANY god, so I don't have to worry about pissing off the others if I'm wrong. If you're wrong about which god, then you have angered a god for believing in a false god. :shocked: If you're wrong, and the cardinal sin for the right god is 'thou shalt have no other gods before me' I'm actually in BETTER standing than you.

I would rather believe in a God and find out there isn't one than not believe and find out there is.

Meh. I'd rather believe in vampires and stay safe with garlic and holy water in case they're real rather than not. I guess if that's your reason to believe, I won't fault you for it. :e4e:

glorydaz

By your logic, aren't I at least just as safe than you? I am what most would consider a very good person, and I don't believe in ANY god, so I don't have to worry about pissing off the others if I'm wrong. If you're wrong about which god, then you have angered a god for believing in a false god. :shocked: If you're wrong, and the cardinal sin for the right god is 'thou shalt have no other gods before me' I'm actually in BETTER standing than you.

Meh. I'd rather believe in vampires and stay safe with garlic and holy water in case they're real rather than not. I guess if that's your reason to believe, I won't fault you for it. :e4e:

But logic says there is one God, and there is no such thing as vampires. :chuckle:

boristhespider

And what logic is that , Christian logic ??

What about pagan beliefs or Buddhist or Sikh they would have the exact same argument as you .. i think you are ... no i am sure that you are mistaking logic for your opinion and interpretation.... Using your logic the before mentioned religions sit in the same boat as Vampires .. are you comfortable dismissing other peoples believes in such a ignorant fashion ?

way 2 go

truth

What about pagan beliefs or Buddhist or Sikh they would have the exact same argument as you ..
no Christianity is exclusive
Mat_12:30 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

i think you are ... no i am sure that you are mistaking logic for your opinion and interpretation....
that is your opinion

Using your logic the before mentioned religions sit in the same boat as Vampires ..
you know vampires are not real .

are you comfortable dismissing other peoples believes in such a ignorant fashion ?
yes

boristhespider

Unfortunately ,

Your statement about logic as truth is again opinion.

Mat_12:30 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
Interpretation and opinion im afraid , ask 50 Christians what that statement means you will get 50 different answers , provide me with some evidence that says Mat_12:30 is ultimate non wavering proof that Christianity is the only valid religion and i will accept your argument , again just because you believe something to be correct does not make it so , what if the meaning of that verse was intended by your god to mean something totally different to what you interprate it as?

that is your opinion
Very true but you are giving an opinion on my opinion so that negates that argument , are you aware that by simply copy and pasting quotes from a selection of short stories that now represent a book , is not logical but rather small minded.

you know vampires are not real
Do i how do you know that ? because no body has ever seen them ? what do you think my definition of a vampire is ? if you argue that there is no evidence of vampires you are wrong there is text (ancient text that could be interpreted as vampire existence) plus if its simply the case that i can not present you with hard evidence that vampires don't exist .. well snap neither can you regarding your God.

YES
Dangerous place to be dismissing other peoples religion , see the crusades , 7/11 , 7/7, ISIS , you would be best placed accepting other peoples beliefs and be extremely careful when being so narrow minded and dismissive.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Very true but you are giving an opinion on my opinion so that negates that argument , are you aware that by simply copy and pasting quotes from a selection of short stories that now represent a book , is not logical but rather small minded.

Do i how do you know that ? because no body has ever seen them ? what do you think my definition of a vampire is ? if you argue that there is no evidence of vampires you are wrong there is text (ancient text that could be interpreted as vampire existence) plus if its simply the case that i can not present you with hard evidence that vampires don't exist .. well snap neither can you regarding your God.

YES

Dangerous place to be dismissing other peoples religion , see the crusades , 7/11 , 7/7, ISIS , you would be best placed accepting other peoples beliefs and be extremely careful when being so narrow minded and dismissive.

Do you know it's rather small minded to claim God doesn't exist by NOT reading the "stories" in the Bible. But hey, good luck in life !!! :plain:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Bible is not just a Book of stories, It is filled with scripture; God's Word, and every Word is from God and is fact. When I was a wee baby I though maybe the Bible wasn't all fact, Praise God I discovered otherwise.

glorydaz

Unfortunately ,

Your statement about logic as truth is again opinion.

Interpretation and opinion im afraid , ask 50 Christians what that statement means you will get 50 different answers , provide me with some evidence that says Mat_12:30 is ultimate non wavering proof that Christianity is the only valid religion and i will accept your argument , again just because you believe something to be correct does not make it so , what if the meaning of that verse was intended by your god to mean something totally different to what you interprate it as?

that is your opinion

YES

And here is a perfect example of man putting himself on a par with God . In his world, there is no truth.....everything is relative to whatever nonsense can pop into a man's thoughts. The "religion" of Humanism.

boristhespider

hmmm again as i have found with most , you are selectively choosing to ignore what you cant reply to , yes the copy and paste want ironic glad you picked up on it.

I have read the bible and when i asked my local vicar about the first two pages of genesis and if it is meant to be taken literally the response was YES (well im really sorry but common sense prevailed) yes my opinion but i feel sorry for you if you really believe the world was created in six days , total nonsense and i can provide you with hard irrefutable facts.

So give me an example of a so called fact , explain to me how a scripture was written by gods hand .. show me his hand writing .. prove it to me... go on im not goading i want to see the evidence , i agree to dismiss anything is small minded thats my point , but to accept something just because you "know its right" is even worse , explain to me how the virgin birth occurred , how did Moses part the sea , if somebody made these claims today they would be sectioned , give me proof proof and more proof until i cant question anymore , please do i beg you .... but don`t simply say i know its true and try to insult me by comparing my thoughts and intelligence to that of a small baby , sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and i have noticed a convenient cop out when challenged ... again proof evidence , cold hard facts , then you have won me over.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

What about pagan beliefs or Buddhist or Sikh they would have the exact same argument as you .. i think you are ... no i am sure that you are mistaking logic for your opinion and interpretation.... Using your logic the before mentioned religions sit in the same boat as Vampires .. are you comfortable dismissing other peoples believes in such a ignorant fashion ?

Your user name shows up thin, you might want give a valid email address to TOL staff, then I think it will show as normal.

boristhespider

Also nice try but no cookie , as for the comment im putting myself on a par with God you could not be further from the truth , i have stated many times i am more than open to accepting your concepts with open heart and mindset , what im not willing to do is go forth with no reasonable explanation to my questions , i need to see evidence , I WILL NOT BE PUSHED , CAJOLED , FRIGHTENED into believing and committing my life to others opinions ... again give me evidence show me proof .. please prove me wrong nothing would make me happier.

glorydaz

Also nice try but no cookie , as for the comment im putting myself on a par with God you could not be further from the truth , i have stated many times i am more than open to accepting your concepts with open heart and mindset , what im not willing to do is go forth with no reasonable explanation to my questions , i need to see evidence , I WILL NOT BE PUSHED , CAJOLED , FRIGHTENED into believing and committing my life to others opinions ... again give me evidence show me proof .. please prove me wrong nothing would make me happier.

If you're talking about me....I was talking about you. I wasn't trying to push, cajole or scare you. To me you're just an example of a guy who would rather have some attention than come to know God. I'm of the opinion there is no point in trying to convince someone of anything when they don't have a desire to know more than they already think they do.

Last edited:

way 2 go

Unfortunately ,

Your statement about logic as truth is again opinion

says you

no, that verse says Christianity is exclusive

this verse says Christianity is the only way to God
Joh_14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

it is the inspired word of God

probably believe in aliens , anything but Jesus Christ .

I have always seen open mindedness as a garbage can because
garbage cans don't discriminate

way 2 go

If you're talking about me....I was talking about you. I wasn't trying to push, cajole or scare you. To me you're just an example of a guy who would rather have some attention than come to know God. I'm of the opinion there is no point in trying to convincing someone of anything when they don't have a desire to know more than they already think they do.

amen

TracerBullet

There is no question that even Darwin saw a very dark period of humanity coming, thanks to his Christian wife's counterarguments, and that T. Huxley loved the prospect of it. There is no question that 'young Germany' thought they were the most evolved, advanced form of nature, and the result was German monism (there is one reality) and Nazi philosophy. The BBC's Burke in THE DAY THE UNIVERSE CHANGED put the two together rather well. See also G. Baumgard's THE CRY OF THE DISSIDENTS on connection of evolution and Nazi philosophy.

In addition, there is the British counter attack on the Christian base of the American Revolution and Constitution. Military force failed, so they went to undercutting the direct connection of Creator and citizen in the Constitution, by attempting to purge a Creator from the scene. Not just to fight a new theological war, but to restore centralized Royal, Imperial government.

Sorry but Nazi philosophy rejected evolution. Hitler considered that the different human races had been created by God separately - the Aryan race was the “master” race, created as “God’s highest handiwork”, the other races (Jewish, Africans, Gypsies) were races created by God as sub human and for the use of the master race.

Nazi ideologues strongly opposed most Darwinian concepts; they rejected evolution and the idea of natural selection, they rejected the common origin of the different human races. The writings of Darwin were banned in Nazi Germany and evolution was called an “English sickness”.