Expelled? Go to the movies!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
ARTL-logo.gif

American Right To Life Movie Marathon

American RTL members in Denver are holding a movie marathon viewing every showing on opening weekend of Ben Stein's new movie, Expelled – No Intelligence Allowed, Friday through Sunday, April 18-20.

According to the group's website, ARTL president Brian Rohrbough was contacted by the executive producer of Expelled, John Sullivan, one year before the start of production. In a three-hour meeting Rohrbough encouraged the filmmakers to expose Darwinism's connection to genocide, including Nazism and other social ills. A sneak preview attended by ARTL members confirms that Ben Stein and the Expelled producers have courageously linked the teaching that men are advanced animals, to the outcome of men behaving like animals.

"A number of school shooters from Columbine to Finland justify their own wicked actions as being authorized by evolution and 'natural selection' giving them the right and even the obligation, as Klebold and Harris said in their basement videos, to murder those they deem weaker or inferior," said Mr. Rohrbough, whose son Danny was murdered at Columbine High School. "After the Rocky Mountain News ran the autopsy finding that one of the murderers wore to the crime a t-shirt that read, 'Natural Selection,' the paper's editors showed themselves to be deceptive by reporting, "It is not clear what the shirt's inscription referred to, but there is a video game with the same name."

UrbanDictionary.com accurately quotes one of the Columbine murderers as writing that they would "kick natural selection up a few notches."

"American Right to Life proudly promotes Expelled and encourages pro-lifers nationwide to see this historic film on opening weekend," said Steve Curtis, vice president of ARTL and former chairman of the Colorado Republican Party. "Fish eat other fish, polar bears cannibalize their young; if man is an advanced animal, there is no right to life in a dog-eat-dog world," said Curtis. "An Intelligent Designer, a.k.a. God, created us in His image and by His hand even the tiniest human has the inalienable right to life."

According to the group's website, AmericanRTL.org, "American Right To Life's movie marathon, Expelled? Go to the movies! will be held at Colorado's Arvada Olde Town 14 movie theater from Friday April 18 at 11 a.m. until the last showing Sunday evening, with some of our members seeing Stein's Expelled about a fifteen times on Opening Weekend! If you're in Colorado, please pick a convenient show time to visit our marathon and watch the movie with our members!" Columbine dad Rohrbough adds, "Expelled is opening on 1,000 screens, on the 9th-anniversary weekend of Columbine. Pro-lifers can spread the word by asking other theaters to run the movie to hold their own marathons. The best minds in the world that promote evolution appear in this movie and we want everyone to see their superstitions and myths about mankind's origins."

1-888-888-ARTL (2785)
office@AmericanRTL.com

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can't make it Friday or Saturday. I think we are going on Sunday at 11 AM.

ShowPlace 16
450 W. Chippewa Avenue
South Bend, IN

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We're going Saturday and trying to get as many people as we can to go.

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
d2i is going Friday, Saturday & Sunday to every single showing! :jawdrop:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Ummm...

Quoting urbandictionary.com?:think:

P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ummm...

Quoting urbandictionary.com?:think:

P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

You don't think the following is true?

4. natural selection

1. Another name for the Columbine High School massacre.

2. Words printed on the shirt worn by Eric Harris as he committed the above.

"Sometime in April me and V will get revenge and will kick natural selection up a few notches" - Eric David Harris

Prolifeguyswife

You might want to take a moment to prepare yourself with a little accurate information before you see the movie. Expelled is unfair, inaccurate and deceptive.

Check out this expelled site.

That link is pretty stupid. It seems to be propaganda against Creation science in general. That doesn't mean that the movie is "unfair, inaccurate and deceptive", it means that the people who run the site you linked to are Godless idiots.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You don't think the following is true?

4. natural selection

1. Another name for the Columbine High School massacre.

2. Words printed on the shirt worn by Eric Harris as he committed the above.

"Sometime in April me and V will get revenge and will kick natural selection up a few notches" - Eric David Harris

If The Onion relayed something that happened to be true, I wouldn't use it as a news source or link to it in order to prove a point. Using urbandictionary struck me as rather amusing, that's all.:cool:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
If The Onion relayed something that happened to be true, I wouldn't use it as a news source or link to it in order to prove a point. Using urbandictionary struck me as rather amusing, that's all.:cool:

Could be, but what it says about Eric Harris is true. Other news sources have reported the same thing.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
You might want to take a moment to prepare yourself with a little accurate information before you see the movie. Expelled is unfair, inaccurate and deceptive.

Check out this expelled site.

I have the original issues of American Spectator magazine chronicling the controversy between Baylor University and William Dembski. Are they in error also?

Perhaps you need to take a moment and prepare yourself by opening your eyes to the fact that whenever someone questions darwinism (even using articles from Nature) in a science class they are reprimanded.

That's what Expelled is trying to expose. Qualified individuals who ask questions who are then punished.

Open your eyes!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Could be, but what it says about Eric Harris is true. Other news sources have reported the same thing.

I'm well aware it's true...but urbandictionary ain't a news source, Shimei.

In any event, as I said, I'm looking forward to seeing the flick myself.

iucraigmc

I wrote about Expelled today on my own website, I'm looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. You can view the YouTube supertrailor here if you haven't seen it, I've been looking forward to it since I heard about it last month.

It should be interesting, I have noticed quite a stir on Digg lately every time it is mentioned. It seems many people are sensitive to the subject of Evolution. It also appears that the focus on the film is on academic censorship more than defending intelligent design - but I guess I'll see.

laughsoutloud

That link is pretty stupid. It seems to be propaganda against Creation science in general. That doesn't mean that the movie is "unfair, inaccurate and deceptive", it means that the people who run the site you linked to are Godless idiots.
Actually, the site mirrors the outline and claims of the movie. Expelled is, in fact, inaccurate and deceitful.

For example, the movie claims that Richard Sternberg was fired as editor, and his life ruined after he published a pro-ID article in the journal he edited. In fact, he had already resigned as editor (unrelated to the article), kept his job at NIH, and his Smithsonian unpaid position was renewed.

The site includes information dealing with creationism, because Expelled repeats lots of creationist propaganda. But don't take my word for it - read the site.

laughsoutloud

I have the original issues of American Spectator magazine chronicling the controversy between Baylor University and William Dembski. Are they in error also?

Perhaps you need to take a moment and prepare yourself by opening your eyes to the fact that whenever someone questions darwinism (even using articles from Nature) in a science class they are reprimanded.

That's what Expelled is trying to expose. Qualified individuals who ask questions who are then punished.

Open your eyes!
You know what is interesting is that the movie leaves Dembski out of it. You'd think if it was such an open-and-shut case, they would have included it.

Evolution is questioned all the time - this is how the science is improved. For example, this article about the Peacock's tail. Read it - the traditional evolution answer is challenged - and the result? They get written up! Of course, this is just one study. Here is one that reaches the opposite conclusion. A real controversy. The result? We will learn more.

Jackson

Yet scientists who are religious also perform science without bringing God in as part of their theories. Scientific theories do not include God because scientific theories must be tested. Testing requires holding constant some variables, and no one can “control” God; therefore, scientific explanations are restricted to the natural causes that are testable. All scientists work this way, whether they are religious or nonreligious. This is a practical restriction on what science can do, not a philosophical or moral restriction imposed by some elite.

Expelledexposed.com

When was the last time random mutations were controlled? :think:

laughsoutloud

Well, here is an example of a long-term controlled experiment on evolution:

Lenski's Long Term Evolution Project
Dr. Palsson has been running experiments in which E. coli must adapt to a diet of glycerol, an ingredient in soap. He found that within a few hundred generations, the bacteria could grow two to three times as fast as their ancestor. He then selected some of the evolved microbes and sequenced their genome. He compared their DNA with that of their common ancestor and pinpointed a few mutations that each line had acquired.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
You know what is interesting is that the movie leaves Dembski out of it. You'd think if it was such an open-and-shut case, they would have included it.

Evolution is questioned all the time - this is how the science is improved. For example, this article about the Peacock's tail. Read it - the traditional evolution answer is challenged - and the result? They get written up! Of course, this is just one study. Here is one that reaches the opposite conclusion. A real controversy. The result? We will learn more.

According to this website he is featured in it.

http://www.sbcbaptistpress.org/BPnews.asp?ID=27762

In the film, host Ben Stein tracks down scholars who have been "expelled" by the academic community for their support of intelligent design (ID), a research program that flies in the face of Darwinism. Dembski is featured in the documentary.

laughsoutloud

chatmaggot, did you read the link you posted?

Dembski's trials at Baylor University -- which describes itself as "the world's largest Baptist university -- from 1999-2005 are not documented in the film. Among other things, he drew the wrath of the science, philosophy and religion departments early in his tenure there when it was learned that he was heading up an ID think tank on campus. Dembski's role in the documentary is mainly as someone explaining Intelligent Design for the audience.
It clearly states that his Baylor controversy is not in the movie - which was your point, - you posted that he had a run-in over ID, right? Well, that run-in is not in the movie, according to your source. That is all I said - that controversy did not make it to the movie. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Each "expulsion" that is in the movie is put into a more helpful light - check out Expelled Exposed.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
chatmaggot, did you read the link you posted?

It clearly states that his Baylor controversy is not in the movie - which was your point, - you posted that he had a run-in over ID, right? Well, that run-in is not in the movie, according to your source. That is all I said - that controversy did not make it to the movie. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Each "expulsion" that is in the movie is put into a more helpful light - check out Expelled Exposed.

Oh for crying out loud. You can't be that dense.

You stated that people should:

...take a moment to prepare yourself with a little accurate information...

I posted a reply concerning some accurate information about the topic of the movie Expelled concerning William Dembski. Notice I never ever claimed that HE was in the movie or that his CONTROVERSY was in the movie. But rather it was accurate information concerning the topic of the movie. And that is...there have been qualified individuals that are punished for questioning Darwinsim

You come long and say:

You know what is interesting is that the movie leaves Dembski out of it.

You make the claim that Expelled leaves Dembski out of the movie.

I post a link showing that in fact Dembski is in the movie:

You now say that you said:

That is all I said - that controversy did not make it to the movie.

And that is a lie. You never said that.

I was providing accurate information for people to educate themselves on before seeing the movie in regards to the topic of the movie.

And now you are caught in a lie.