Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Peter in this scripture does inform us where precious Faith comes from ! Its certainly not of ourselves Eph 2:8.

It comes in or with the Righteousness of God and Our Saviour, this Righteousness is the free gift that Christ purchased and bestows upon all for whom He died Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ)

This Righteousness as well as that referred to in 2 Pet 1:1 is the imparted Righteousness of Christ we receive at New Birth. It is through this imparted or communicated Righteousness at New Birth we receive of, that with it we are given precious Faith.

Peter goes on to say 2 Pet 1:3-4

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Faith or precious Faith is of the many things Given to us by New Birth which gives us to live a life of godliness !

So 2 Pet 1:1 is but another scripture that proves biblically that Faith is the product of New Birth, partaking experimentally of the Divine Nature !

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Peter in this scripture does inform us where precious Faith comes from ! Its certainly not of ourselves Eph 2:8.

It comes in or with the Righteousness of God and Our Saviour, this Righteousness is the free gift that Christ purchased and bestows upon all for whom He died Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ)

This Righteousness as well as that referred to in 2 Pet 1:1 is the imparted Righteousness of Christ we receive at New Birth. It is through this imparted or communicated Righteousness at New Birth we receive of, that with it we are given precious Faith.

Peter goes on to say 2 Pet 1:3-4

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Faith or precious Faith is of the many things Given to us by New Birth which gives us to live a life of godliness !

So 2 Pet 1:1 is but another scripture that proves biblically that Faith is the product of New Birth, partaking experimentally of the Divine Nature !

In Ephesians 2:8, it's not the faith that is the gift; the Grace is the gift!!

beloved57

The Just shall live by Faith !

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Do we understand what this is saying or promising ? Its an declaration that everyone Christ hath died for, whom sins He hath bore, that everyone of them shall live by Faith ! Yes it is a absolute guarantee that every sinner Christ died for shall live by Faith or his faith [ Hab 2:4] because it [faith] will be given them. Now the reason why this is True, that all for whom Christ died shall live by Faith, its because scripture states the Just shall live by by Faith Rom 1:16-17; Gal 3:11

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Now some translations like the ESV substitute the word Just for the word Righteous :

11 Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.

But thats ok because the greek word for Just is also rendered Righteous its the word dikaios:

righteous 41, just 33, right 5, meet 2

So to be Just or to be Righteous are both the same ! Now with that in mind, we will see how scripture proclaims how one is made Righteous or Just before God, Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous or just.

Note the Obedience of One [Jesus Christ] many shall be made Righteous or Just ! The obedience here of this ONE is speaking of the Obedience of Christ unto Death of the Cross Phil 2:8

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Last edited:

beloved57

The Just shall live by Faith ! cont

The purpose of this title is to establish from scripture that all for whom Christ died shall live by Faith, because it was by His Obedience unto death, dying for their sins, that they are made Righteous or Just Rom 5:19b, and the promise is that the Just or Righteous shall live by Faith !

The promise God's Word gives to them that are Just is this according to scripture Hab 2:4

4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Gal 3:11

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Heb 10:38

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

The Promise is that the Just shall live by Faith, and how did they become Just in the First place, for it was by the obedience of Christ or His Blood, so there you have it, all for whom Christ died shall live by Faith, or shall believe in Him. Thats why Jesus stated in Jn 8:24, it meant that His Death, or His Blood never Justified them Rom 5:9, never made them Righteous Rom 5:19b, because He never died for them or for their sins, so instead of believing on Him, which would have been proof that His Death made them Righteous or Just, so that they should live by Faith, then consequently their not believing is but evidence that by His Death they have not been made Just, and their sins unpaid for and still charged against them by God's Law and Justice, so they shall die in their sins !

Believing in Christ proves that God gave Him for your sins out of His Love, for that is the True meaning of Jn 3:16, God gave His Son for those believing, which by His Death for them, they were made Just or Righteous, and as the promise goes, the Just shall live by Faith in Christ.

Thats why Paul first states what the Gospel of Christ is in Rom 1:16 and what it reveals to them believing, which produces the end result and fulfills the promise Rom 1:17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Last edited:

Princely

BANNED
Banned
Rom 1:16-17

What Paul never said is that the just man speaks wisdom as in the verse "The just mans mouth speaks wisdom and his tongue does what is right". This is why scripture has also said and the Lord said "Do what is right and just." Jesus and I have also said "The man who has faith in me will do the works I do" and also "By your words you'll be justified or by your words you'll be condemned." See how the just speak wisdom. It is a necessary work and to do that work is speaking what is right. What is right is defined in the verse ;"I the Lord speak the truth I say what is right". So the truth is what is right.This is why the Lord says "Speak the truth to one another" and that is what Jesus taught us. Christianity does not teach this as a necessary work but Jesus did. That is why there is the verse "All those who do right shall rise to live..." You see the righteous do what is right that is why they are called righteous.

"The Lord is righteous and He loves righteous works."

"He who speaks the truth is the Lords delight and those who do what is right He loves."

sky.

BANNED
Banned
In Ephesians 2:8, it's not the faith that is the gift; the Grace is the gift!!

That is a good point. I was taught that faith and belief in Christ are the same thing. Grace if offered to everyone but only applied by the work of the Holy Spirit to those who exercise their faith and believe.

By exercise I was taught that "the moment you believe" you are saved.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Beloved57 is a, "hyper-Calvinist!" His beliefs are extreme, that's why He's in his "own little camp!!'' He's what I would call a, "Calvinist cultist!!"

Princely

BANNED
Banned
Ok, then explain what the points are I made in those posts ?

What I get from your posts is that to believe that Jesus died for your sins will somehow make you righteous. But scripture does not back that up. Paul is a confuser. The blood of the son of man does save but His blood is the word as His flesh is the word. That is why scripture has it :"The words of the upright save them". It was so when that was written and still stands to this day. Without being born from above no one can see the kingdom of God. I'm sure you have read that, but Paul never said that and Jesus said He gave the words that the Father gave Him to His followers but Paul never spoke the words Jesus did except one time. That is what has people so confused. They are too busy following Paul and not the son of man.

Romans 5:19 is for heretics. Jesus death on the cross was merely a precursor for His resurrection. He was saying that if you continue in His teaching by doing the same works of God He did, like spreading the word as he did, you would rise from the dead. Being dead in spirit is not following Jesus footsteps and walking in the light as He did. Once everyone walks in the light of the Lord as He did He will come back. He's waiting.

Scripture says "The Lord is righteous", Jesus says "God is spirit". Jesus also said the words He spoke are spirit. So you can conclude from those verses that the Lord is His words. Then if the Lord is His words then His word is righteous because the "Lord is righteous and He loves righteous works". Then that is what makes you righteous, the word. But one must speak the word to be righteous because Jesus also said by your words you'll be justified or by your words you'll be condemned. That is why scripture says as the Lord says "The words of the Lord are upright and all His works are truthful, He loves justice and right."

It is written:

The Lord is faithful in all his words, and holy in all his works.

The Lord is just in all his ways, and holy in all his works. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

I am the light of the world no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because they will possess the light of life. Jesus and I are One. He sent me. I came down from heaven to do His will not my own.

If you do not come to believe I Am son of man, you will surely die in your sin.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What I get from your posts is that to believe that Jesus died for your sins will somehow make you righteous. But scripture does not back that up. Paul is a confuser. The blood of the son of man does save but His blood is the word as His flesh is the word. That is why scripture has it :"The words of the upright save them". It was so when that was written and still stands to this day. Without being born from above no one can see the kingdom of God. I'm sure you have read that, but Paul never said that and Jesus said He gave the words that the Father gave Him to His followers but Paul never spoke the words Jesus did except one time. That is what has people so confused. They are too busy following Paul and not the son of man.

Romans 5:19 is for heretics. Jesus death on the cross was merely a precursor for His resurrection. He was saying that if you continue in His teaching by doing the same works of God He did, like spreading the word as he did, you would rise from the dead. Being dead in spirit is not following Jesus footsteps and walking in the light as He did. Once everyone walks in the light of the Lord as He did He will come back. He's waiting.

Scripture says "The Lord is righteous", Jesus says "God is spirit". Jesus also said the words He spoke are spirit. So you can conclude from those verses that the Lord is His words. Then if the Lord is His words then His word is righteous because the "Lord is righteous and He loves righteous works". Then that is what makes you righteous, the word. But one must speak the word to be righteous because Jesus also said by your words you'll be justified or by your words you'll be condemned. That is why scripture says as the Lord says "The words of the Lord are upright and all His works are truthful, He loves justice and right."

It is written:

The Lord is faithful in all his words, and holy in all his works.

The Lord is just in all his ways, and holy in all his works. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

I am the light of the world no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because they will possess the light of life. Jesus and I are One. He sent me. I came down from heaven to do His will not my own.

If you do not come to believe I Am son of man, you will surely die in your sin.

You seek to degrade and diregard the Apostle Paul therefore, that makes you a heretic and false teacher!! You're also, a "nutcase extraordinaire!!"

beloved57

prin

What I get from your posts is that to believe that Jesus died for your sins will somehow make you righteous.

Nope that is not what I stated, so you do not even understand what my posts are saying.

Until you can follow what I stated with scripture, there is no basis for debating what I did show from scripture !

beloved57

Beloved57 is a, "hyper-Calvinist!" His beliefs are extreme, that's why He's in his "own little camp!!'' He's what I would call a, "Calvinist cultist!!"

You reject the Truth and teach a salvation by works, which is what the majority of false religion teaches ! You are on that broad way to destruction that many travel on Matt 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The Truth I witness to is the very narrow way, few find it !

Princely

BANNED
Banned
You reject the Truth and teach a salvation by works, which is what the majority of false religion teaches ! You are on that broad way to destruction that many travel on Matt 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The Truth I witness to is the very narrow way, few find it !

Paul is not the narrow way. I am the gate, anyone who enters by me will be saved. Have faith in God and faith in me. Jesus sent me.

Scripture has it; "One heart and one way is what I shall give them so they shall revere me always for their own good and the good of their children after them."

Those are not my words but the words of the Lord who sent me.He commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He commanded me. I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul is not the narrow way. I am the gate, anyone who enters by me will be saved. Have faith in God and faith in me. Jesus sent me.

Scripture has it; "One heart and one way is what I shall give them so they shall revere me always for their own good and the good of their children after them."

Those are not my words but the words of the Lord who sent me.He commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He commanded me. I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.

Either you're insane or you're trying to make yourself look greater than you are?? I vote for both!!

Princely

BANNED
Banned
Either you're insane or you're trying to make yourself look greater than you are?? I vote for both!!

Why would I say the things I do when people just reject me as they did Jesus. I tell you what the Lord commanded me. I am exactly what I declare. So I am either who I say I am and you reject the son of man who comes to separate the flock or I am not. If I am the son of man then surely if you do not put faith in me, you will die in your sin. "The son of man will come at a time you least expect". This is that time.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why would I say the things I do when people just reject me as they did Jesus. I tell you what the Lord commanded me. I am exactly what I declare. So I am either who I say I am and you reject the son of man who comes to separate the flock or I am not. If I am the son of man then surely if you do not put faith in me, you will die in your sin. "The son of man will come at a time you least expect". This is that time.

You are a fraud, and a complete nutball!!