ECT False Preachers in the Church

A companion thread which looks at the false teachers prospering in the Christian Church today.

Watch:

My wife has told me some of the things Kenneth Copeland has said and it's nothing short of blasphemy.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Last edited:
Heres one - background, recently Creflo Dollar actually asked for donations to buy a 65 million dollar private jet (the kind that billionaires wait in line for)- saying if 200,000 people just seeded 300 dollars each he could read his goal - after receiving loads of criticism, he took down the page from his ministry asking for it and is now defending his position:

Creflo Dollar defends position on $65m jet issues; slams devil, critics for discrediting his church
I just can't see Peter or Paul asking for money to buy a new chariot.

Some Kenneth Copeland quotes to ponder:
"Jesus went into hell to free mankind from the penalty of Adam's high treason...When His blood poured out it did not atone. Jesus spent three horrible days and nights in the bowels of this earth getting back for you and me our rights with God." (Ken Copeland, Personal letter from Ken Copeland, Ft. Worth Texas, March 12, 1979. (D. R. McConnell, A Different Gospel, page 118)

"The Spirit of God spoke to me and He said, 'Son, realize this. Now follow me in this and don't let your tradition trip you up.' He said, 'Think this way - a twice-born man whipped Satan in his own domain.' And I threw my Bible down...like that. I said, 'What?' He said, 'A born-again man defeated Satan, the firstborn of many brethren defeated him.' He said, 'You are the very image, the very copy of that one.' I said, 'Goodness, gracious sakes alive!' And I began to see what had gone on in there, and I said, 'Well now you don't mean, you couldn't dare mean, that I could have done the same thing?' He said, 'Oh yeah, if you'd had the knowledge of the Word of God that He did, you could have done the same thing, 'cause you're a reborn man too." (Dr. John MacArthur, "Charismatic Chaos," page 337. Kenneth Copeland, "Substitution and Identification")

"I was shocked when I found out who the biggest failure in the Bible actually is...The biggest one in the whole Bible is God...I mean, He lost His top-ranking, most anointed angel; the first man He ever created; the first woman He ever created; the whole earth and all the fullness therein; a third of the angels, at least - that's a big loss, man....Now, the reason you don't think of God as a failure is He never said He's a failure. And you're not a failure till you say you're one." (Ken Copeland, Audio-Clip "Christianity in Crisis," Hank Hanegraaff)
"I've had ugly books written about me because I said that Jesus died spiritually, but the fact is, I didn't say that­ the Bible said it. Jesus became our substitute. If he hadn't died spiritually, then we could never have been made alive spiritually. But He did! On the cross, Jesus was separated from the glory of God. He allowed Himself to be made sin for us, and He became obedient to death. He went into the pit of hell and suffered there as though He was the One Who had committed the sin." (Ken Copeland, "The Power of His Resurrection")
"God's purpose and plan--the deepest desire of His heart--is coming to pass. God is going to have a family of equals!" (Kenneth Copeland, "Fullness: God's Plan For His Family," BVOV Magazine, July & August 2004, page 32)

Any Copeland supporters want to defend his comments?

revpete

It's best not to even give them post time. Although I do agree that God's people need warning about these crooks with their over inflated egos. 😇

Pete 👤

kayaker

I'm in the wrong business! God, Inc. Now... that's where the big bucks are! And, we complain about big Pharama? I can always invest in big Pharma stocks... is there any way to invest in God, Inc.? The mega-churches should be traded on the NYSE, NASDAQ even. Many of those mega-churches are owned by the pastors, not the congregation, btw.

kayaker

rougueone

Anyone that gets paid from the offering plate is a false teacher... period.

I am and others very grateful Charles Stanley received a salary when he began to teach Gods words some 50 years ago. Very, very grateful.

First Corinthians 9:14 gives the church clear instruction: “The Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.” We pay people to prepare and serve our physical food; shouldn’t we also be willing to pay those who see to our spiritual food? And, honestly, which is more important—physical food or spiritual food—based on Matthew 4:4?

Full time Ministry in most cases requires money.

Mercy Ships. Floating hospitals for Jesus. Just their fuel cost for one ship, is about $ 100,000 daily. The doctors, neurosurgeons, Nurses, deck, engine crew, and officers work for free and pay for their own food and lodging aboard the ships. They perform surgeries primarily on children, in the most impoverished places on earth. Treating diseases that we scoff at. And maiming s and disfigurements.
Google: Mercy Ships pictures. Google Mercy Ships videos.
They are always needing Gods people. Gods people who do not care for self. As Jesus lived and gave. I highly recommend the book " Is That really you God". How Mercy Ships got started. Without a paddle. Because a man with a heart for Jesus, took the leap. left his wife and children for Jesus. As Moses did. Moses a sheep tender, listened to Gods voice, and obeyed, facing the most fiercest army on earth. With a " stick". As did the Apostles. Yes, these people of God are leaving all they have right now.

I am not in favor and deeply troubled by those who have 50 MILLION dollar jet's, 30,000 Sq. feet of house, many mansions, and drive Bentley's.
They are in deep trouble. The deepest.

Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, 15 and regard the patience of our Lord to be salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard lest, being carried away by the error of unprincipled men, you fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Last edited:

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Montanism is alive and well and growing very rapidly today. For the most part it wears a mask of orthodoxy, however, it has taken the worst elements of the original Montanism and expanded them to new depths of error. Remember that error always compounds itself unless it is checked and denounced by the plain teaching of the Scriptures. Heresy thrives when people are asleep and have a shallow in their devotion to God and the study of His Word.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I am and others very grateful Charles Stanley received a salary when he began to teach Gods words some 50 years ago. Very, very grateful.

First Corinthians 9:14 gives the church clear instruction: “The Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.” We pay people to prepare and serve our physical food; shouldn’t we also be willing to pay those who see to our spiritual food? And, honestly, which is more important—physical food or spiritual food—based on Matthew 4:4?

Mercy Ships. Floating hospitals for Jesus. Just their fuel cost for one ship, is about $ 100,000 daily. The doctors, neurosurgeons, Nurses, deck, engine crew, and officers work for free and pay for their own food and lodging aboard the ships. They operate on primarily on children in the most impoverished places on earth. Treating diseases that we scoff at. And maiming s and disfigurements.
They are always needing Gods people. Gods people who do not care for self. As Jesus lived and gave. I highly recommend the book " Is That really you God". How Mercy Ships got started. Without a paddle. Because a man with a heart for Jesus, took the leap. left his wife and children for Jesus. As Moses did. Moses a sheep tender, listened to Gods voice, and obeyed, facing the most fiercest army on earth. With a " stick". As did the Apostles. Yes, these people of God are leaving all they have right now.

I am not in favor and deeply troubled by those who have 50 MILLION dollar jet's, 30,000 Sq. feet of house, many mansions, and drive Bentley's.

Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, 15 and regard the patience of our Lord to be salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard lest, being carried away by the error of unprincipled men, you fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Crefflo dollar wants you to give him $300 so he can buy a 90 million dollar jet.

musterion

The quote of Joseph Prince (whoever he is, no idea) at 3:02 is actually fairly accurate, according to Paul. Incomplete, but accurate as far as it goes.

musterion

Why are so many linked to various " Pentecostal movements" ?

Because for them, experience takes precedence over Scripture. Anything appearing to be "signs and wonders" is self-authenticating and any attempt to examine it -- even by the Bible -- shows a lack of faith, so the teachings of those who perform "signs and wonders" are automatically not to be questioned. "Touch not God's anointed," and all that.

Last edited:

HisServant

Mercy Ships. Floating hospitals for Jesus. Just their fuel cost for one ship, is about $ 100,000 daily. The doctors, neurosurgeons, Nurses, deck, engine crew, and officers work for free and pay for their own food and lodging aboard the ships. They operate on primarily on children in the most impoverished places on earth. Treating diseases that we scoff at. And maiming s and disfigurements.

Do you always justify someones blantant sin and disregard for Paul's teachings when you feel like it?