ECT False Preachers in the Church

1 Timothy 5:17-18
Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”

1 Corinthians 9:9-14
For it is written in the Law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain.” Is it for oxen that God is concerned? Does he not speak entirely for our sake? It was written for our sake, because the plowman should plow in hope and the thresher thresh in hope of sharing in the crop. If we have sown spiritual things among you, is it too much if we reap material things from you? If others share this rightful claim on you, do not we even more? Nevertheless, we have not made use of this right, but we endure anything rather than put an obstacle in the way of the gospel of Christ. Do you not know that those who are employed in the temple service get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in the sacrificial offerings? ...

1 Corinthians 9:14
In the same way, the Lord commanded that those who proclaim the gospel should get their living by the gospel.

Philippians 4:16-19

Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit. I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God. And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

There is a difference in paying a pastor a salary so that he can live and support his family and pastors who take advantage of their positions out of greed.

Ideally a pastors salary is equivalent to the average range of pay of the congregants for the area - so they can support their families if the congregants want a full time pastor.

Do you suggest they starve and have no families while being on call 24/7 to the needs of their congregants?
Well said.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You haven't answered my question. I know i would rather have a pastor who has the time to be on his knees in prayer and the time to be all into the word of God and time to minister to his congregants than one exhausted from another job to care for himself and his family that he has little time to oversee his church...

So your needs are more important than scripture?

Comprehension issue? You still havent answered my question either, here it is again:

Ideally a pastors salary is equivalent to the average range of pay of the congregants for the area - so they can support their families if the congregants want a full time pastor.

Do you suggest they starve and have no families while being on call 24/7 to the needs of their congregants?

Daniel1611

Pastors are required to have families. A pastor must be the husband of one wife, ruling his children well. See the letters to Timothy and Titus.

HisServant

!
Comprehension issue? You still havent answered my question either, here it is again:

A true congregation would never desire a full time pastors due to its dangers and lack of scriptural support. Pastors (which is barely a biblical concept ) should work for the needs of themselves and families in the real world.

That is the scriptural model..... i am sorry you value tradition over gods word..

A full time pastor isnt an option...and if that pastor believed scripture, would not desire such a position.

musterion

A true congregation would never desire a full time pastors due to its dangers and lack of scriptural support. Pastors (which is barely a biblical concept ) should work for the needs of themselves and families in the real world.

That is the scriptural model..... i am sorry you value tradition over gods word

I tend to agree with some of your points there but, at the same time, the usual pastoral model isn't forbidden, either. They are under grace just as you are. They'll stand or fall before their Master so you're really in no position to condemn it. It's not like we're talking about the Catholic priesthood.

HisServant

I tend to agree with some of your points there but, at the same time, the usual pastoral model isn't forbidden, either. They are under grace just as you are. They'll stand or fall before their Master so you're really in no position to condemn it. It's not like we're talking about the Catholic priesthood.

I see no difference....the Reformation replaced one form of tyranny with another.

Pauls reason for working in the secular world still applies.

Then you have the age old question as to why we deprive nonchristians from interacting with what many believers feel are the best of us. A pastor working in the secular world better serves God than dealing with a bunch of self absorbed church goers that are basically looking for free psychology sessions.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
A full time pastor isnt an option...and if that pastor believed scripture, would not desire such a position.

Scripture?

Mine says otherwise.

Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”

rougueone

Scripture?

Mine says otherwise.

Yes. The Holy truthful Words of our beautiful Lord, speak for those holding the office of the Ministry God has placed them in.
And those whom were called but have now been taken from Gods truth because of the image of money and power, are known. And will be known.
And those whom are self anointed and self appointed are known.

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
Matt. 7:15

Once I also learned to give back to God, without reservation, yet discerning, and did so in GODS LOVE, my heart exploded with Joy. I was too cautious, obviously a stronghold by Satan, but through Gods mercies, I reacted in faith and I am full of Joy that I did.

Last edited:

musterion

Yes. The Holy truthful Words of our beautiful Lord, speak for those holding the office of the Ministry God has placed them in.
And those whom were called but have now been taken from Gods truth because of the image of money and power, are known. And will be known...And supporting God with the money God gives us to support other's.

Focus. You're starting to sound like Letsargue. No joke.

HisServant

Scripture?

Mine says otherwise.

Double honor means just that....it has nothing to do with money. Read the article i linked. It has to do with recognition and respect.

HisServant

So anyone with a FT pastor is a false Christian?

They are merely under a false teacher... but Christ can open their eyes.

And no.. i am not a house churchian... i am all for a presbyterian form of church government... where pastors have no power.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Double honor means just that....it has nothing to do with money. Read the article i linked. It has to do with recognition and respect.

It says wages in the passage in addition to the word honor.

Why do you begrudge a pastor being able to support his family?