ECT False Preachers in the Church

Correct, 'tithing' is not a new testament thing, we are to give from the heart, not out of compulsion and there is no set amount (like a 10 percent tithe)

2 Corinthians 9:7 Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
My understanding of the word used for tithe and tithing, is defined as 10%. Looking at the scriptures above, every time a variation of tithing was used, it was in reference to an Old Testament person or practice to support the theocratic government. New Testament giving is quite different as Jesus, Christian Church leaders and the Apostles wrote about.

Many of the mega-churches of our time preach tithing for this age because it's in their own self-interest. Preaching "you can't out give God" seems like they're putting the wrong emphasis on giving. This is giving to get, not giving with a cheerful heart.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
My understanding of the word used for tithe and tithing, is defined as 10%. Looking at the scriptures above, every time a variation of tithing was used, it was in reference to an Old Testament person or practice to support the theocratic government. New Testament giving is quite different as Jesus, Christian Church leaders and the Apostles wrote about.

Many of the mega-churches of our time preach tithing for this age because it's in their own self-interest. Preaching "you can't out give God" seems like they're putting the wrong emphasis on giving. This is giving to get, not giving with a cheerful heart.

Can "giving" not involve cash?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Yes, began as 'Christian Church', then began the split over music, thus 'The Church of Christ'. They emphasize Acts 2:38 water baptism for salvation, and salvation as a five step process, no eternal security. Mostly Amill but pockets of premill.

I remember now the one that tithes and demands an account was a break off from a COC in Texas and started up in Boston. It's called 'The International Church of Christ'- 'Boston Movement'.

I don't tithe. It was for the support of the Tabernacle and then the Temple, OT.

The believer today is to give as he purposes in his heart as led by the Spirit.

I give by teaching healing and staying healthy and also donate my paintings to charities to help the poor. I think that is a requirement

HisServant

I tend to give something to my church that is way more valuable than money... my time and mechanical/construction talents.. I have saved the church thousands of dollars.

And time is something I don't have in abundance.. its more valuable to me than money!!!!!!

musterion

I tend to give something to my church that is way more valuable than money... my time and mechanical/construction talents.. I have saved the church thousands of dollars.

And time is something I don't have in abundance.. its more valuable to me than money!!!!!!

Nice but you sound prideful, to be honest.

musterion

Then you don't know me... i could care less what others think.

Nice pat on the head from the assistant pastor when you unplug the toilet is enough for you, eh? That's fine, I'm not judging...but if you're going to spend weeks trying to skewer others over supporting ministries WITH THEIR OWN MONEY AND BY THEIR OWN CHOICE, don't expect to get off when you boast of donating your superior time and talents over mere filthy lucre that any schlub can drop in a plate. Because you're special!

See, I don't care that you don't care what I think. All I care about is that you realize what a hypocrite you're looking like right now.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
sure - gold, silver, diamonds, stocks, bonds, property, vehicles, equipment, tools, buildings, checks, credit/debit, bitcoin, and anything of value. just not your opinions -

My options are like gold. Sometimes they heal or prevent someone from falling. stewardship counts

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Nice pat on the head from the assistant pastor when you unplug the toilet is enough for you, eh? That's fine, I'm not judging...but if you're going to spend weeks trying to skewer others over supporting ministries WITH THEIR OWN MONEY AND BY THEIR OWN CHOICE, don't expect to get off when you boast of donating your superior time and talents over mere filthy lucre that any schlub can drop in a plate. Because you're special!

See, I don't care that you don't care what I think. All I care about is that you realize what a hypocrite you're looking like right now.

Funny you reported me for using the word "toilet" that got me banned. Please practice what you preach.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
it would be even more fun
if
you tried to answer them

It is so fun! Let me change my beliefs and answer again. ...

... Opps, it didn't work. Changing beliefs rebounds back, automatically to default, in elects to stay elected. Sorry, it didnt work the Catholics way.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Heres one - background, recently Creflo Dollar actually asked for donations to buy a 65 million dollar private jet (the kind that billionaires wait in line for)- saying if 200,000 people just seeded 300 dollars each he could reach his goal - after receiving loads of criticism, he took down the page from his ministry asking for it and is now defending his position:

Creflo Dollar defends position on $65m jet issues; slams devil, critics for discrediting his church

Update:

Creflo Dollar Will Get $70 Million Gulfstream G650 Jet Says Church; World Changers Board Says It Is 'Necessary' for Ministry