Fascists impose gag order againt homo "marriage" opposers

musterion

Fascism.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/07/02/s...make-cake-for-lesbian-couple-fines-them-135k/

The fine was bad enough but,

Oregon Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian finalized a preliminary ruling today ordering Aaron and Melissa Klein, the bakers who refused to make a cake for a same-sex wedding, to pay $135,000 in emotional damages to the couple they denied service.

“This case is not about a wedding cake or a marriage,” Avakian wrote. “It is about a business’s refusal to serve someone because of their sexual orientation. Under Oregon law, that is illegal.”

In the ruling, Avakian placed an effective gag order on the Kleins, ordering them to “cease and desist” from speaking publicly about not wanting to bake cakes for same-sex weddings based on their Christian beliefs.

“This effectively strips us of all our First Amendment rights,” the Kleins, owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, which has since closed, wrote on their Facebook page. “According to the state of Oregon we neither have freedom of religion or freedom of speech.”

Interplanner

SCOTUS religious freedom and conscience paragraph

SCOTUS religious freedom and conscience paragraph

It seems to me that the paragraph Kennedy wrote on freedom and conscience should contain enough language to retrieve money for businesses like this.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

images
They have been waiting for the right time to begin enforcing these laws (Is 5:20, 40:22-23, Jn 8:36, Pr 31:9, Ac 20:20). :shut: "In Colorado, it is illegal to say :sozo2: that sexual perversion (co-habitation [Lev 20:10-12] or homosexuality [Lev. 20:13]) is wrong..." Full text: Disposable Culture

"In our culture we have experienced the death of outrage. There is no outrage over sin. There is only outrage toward one who speaks out sin unashamedly." :poly: ~ Bob Enyart

Flashback:

City threatens to arrest ministers who refuse to perform same-sex weddings

Last edited:

jeffblue101

wow just look at the list of made up charges by the allegedly tolerant and liberty seeking gays in this case.

In order to reach the total amount, $135,000, Rachel and Laurel submitted a long list of alleged physical, emotional and mental damages they claim to have experienced as a result of the Kleins’ unlawful conduct.

Examples of symptoms included “acute loss of confidence,” “doubt,” “excessive sleep,” “felt mentally raped, dirty and shameful,” “high blood pressure,” “impaired digestion,” “loss of appetite,” “migraine headaches,” “pale and sick at home after work,” “resumption of smoking habit,” “shock” “stunned,” “surprise,” “uncertainty,” “weight gain” and “worry.”

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Hysteria" about sums it up.

:mock: homos.

GFR7

Many events in my life have left me surprised, or disturbed my sleep, or made me resort back to smoking, or made me feel trapped: But I didn't receive a penny of compensation for any of them. :nono:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Many events in my life have left me surprised, or disturbed my sleep, or made me resort back to smoking, or made me feel trapped: But I didn't receive a penny of compensation for any of them. :nono:

That's probably because you're not a raving homosexual.

Jose Fly

HERE IS THE RULING

As you can see from the final paragraph on pg. 43, the "gag order" is basically telling the Kleins that they can't continue to put up signs or facebook posts, or go to the media and say that they will continue to break the law, i.e., discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. That doesn't mean they can't speak about the case though. They can talk about it all they want, wherever they want. They just can't say "And we're going to do it again".

Given that Aaron Klein's facebook posts (including posting the names and address of the gay couple) and media appearances were one of the sources of the distress experienced by the couple, that makes sense.

As far as the actual award, the BOLI's press release puts it in perspective...

The Final Order notes that the non-economic damages are consistent with the agency’s previous orders, such as an earlier ruling against a Bend dentist In the Matter of Andrew W. Engle. In that case, BOLI awarded a Christian employee $325,000 in damages for physical, mental and emotion suffering due to religious discrimination and harassment.

Funny how Christians weren't up in arms about that award. :rolleyes:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What a couple of whiny money grubbing capitolistic agenda driven perverts, they should feel shame and disgust at their own deceit in addition to their perversion.

As far as the gag order, good luck on that one, there is still free speech in this country.

moparguy

As you can see from the final paragraph on pg. 43, the "gag order" is basically telling the Kleins that they can't continue to put up signs or facebook posts, or go to the media and say that they will continue to break the law, i.e., discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. That doesn't mean they can't speak about the case though. They can talk about it all they want, wherever they want. They just can't say "And we're going to do it again".

... Palpable irrationality.

You list all of the places and ways they are forbidden to speak about the case, and than you say they can talk about the case, whenever and wherever they want.

I miss the old libs who would get mad at tyranny like this ruling; even if they were hilariously inconsistent.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
As far as the gag order, good luck on that one, there is still free speech in this country.

Is there Angel? Time to test it I say...If I were in the baker's shoes I would begin with accepting all speaking engagements that would have me. I would test this judges order against the first amendment to get it enforced & of course to rub the judge's nose in his own fascist excrement that flows from the bench which he/she presides over.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

For now (Jn 8:36). :rapture: Christianity will become illegal (Re 13:17). Do not take the mark of the beast. :scripto: If you do, you will go to hell (Rev. 13:16, 17; Rev. 14:9, 11; Rev. 20:4). :burnlib: