Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFR7

I think there's no shortage of polemic to be had on any issue that matters to people, but I suspect half of even that is rhetorical exaggeration expressing more sentiment than actual intent. And the issue isn't really settled or even found in the extremes anyway, I hope.
I just find such feminist talk as bad as KKK talk, or Nazi speak, or anything else. Imagine Jesus saying he wanted to put the Pharisees in cages. :think:

Sandycane

abortion is a crime against God's will

It is therefore blasphemous to use the term "legalized abortion"

"Gods will, " heh? The same god that's into self-mutilation?
That means less than nothing to me.

I find it hard to believe that this is the best you can come up with after I told you men like you need to be kept in cages until they are extinct.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is exactly what I was trying to expose in my other thread on radical feminism. This sort of talk totally negates any good that was said prior. Is there anyone who agrees with me, that this talk is as pernicious as other bigotry, fundamentalism, extremist talk?

I agree that this is extreme and radical. Feminism *should be* about protecting women, not arbitrarily hurting men.

It should be about equality ... which does not include wishing to rule over the other gender.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"Feminism is hated because women are hated. Anti-feminism is a direct expression of misogyny; it is the political defense of women hating." Andrea Dworkin, feminist, writer

I prefer this way of thinking about it:

“Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings.” Cheris Kramarae

Sandycane

This is exactly what I was trying to expose in my other thread on radical feminism. This sort of talk totally negates any good that was said prior. Is there anyone who agrees with me, that this talk is as pernicious as other bigotry, fundamentalism, extremist talk?

You mean like this...

"Feminism is hated because women are hated. Anti-feminism is a direct expression of misogyny; it is the political defense of women hating." Andrea Dworkin, feminist, writer

I prefer this way of thinking about it:

“Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings.” Cheris Kramarae
posted above from Town Heretic?

Sandycane

abortion is a crime against God's will

It is therefore blasphemous to use the term "legalized abortion"

Are you claiming to be omniscient and to know the will of god?
That's a good one!

If it is gods will for millions of people to die every day, who are you to say by what means?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels." ~ Faith Whittlesey

"Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths." ~ Lois Wyse

"I can't be a rose in any man's lapel". ~ Margaret Trudeau

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Could you repeat that in English, please?

I'd really like to hear your answers to these two questions:

zippy is a poster here at tol

very briefly - unjust law, that is, law that is not rooted in Godly morality, is not law - doesn't have to be respected or obeyed

think: hitler and the jews, slavery in the us, abortion, gay "marriage", etc

IMJerusha

Are you claiming to be omniscient and to know the will of god?
That's a good one!

If it is gods will for millions of people to die every day, who are you to say by what means?
'

Sandy, of course we know the Will of God. It is written in His Word. We don't need to be omniscient. Everyone has to die. God has told us not to do murder.
Abortion is murder...a life terminated against God's Will.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I am personally opposed to the secular concept of feminism and what is being pushed in our society. It is representative of a lust for power, usurping of authority and emasculation of the men. It has helped destroy the family unit by making women dissatisfied with their roles as wives and mothers, leading to the disintegration of society overall.

For me, it is a matter of equality with role distinctions, as laid out in the Scriptures.
Women were deacons and leaders in the early Christian movement. Paul clearly says so. His fears of women speaking in church and so forth are not consistent with the Paul who said "In Christ there is no...male or female." A later follower of Paul inserted the "anti-women" material in Corinthians. Obviously, women WERE speaking out, otherwise the male community elders wouldn't have gotten so upset and made sure the women were held back and down.

There is a consensus of scholarship that has pointed out some of the letters attributed to Paul are inauthentic, written by someone else after Paul's death and put in his name. This is not so rare in the ancient world when people affixed famous names to their own writings to give them stature.

There are three "Pauls" within the letters attributed to him. To give names to these "Pauls," we call the Paul of the seven genuine letters the radical Paul.

But the Paul of the three pastoral epistles is a reactionary Paul: the author is not simply developing Paul’s message but countering it at important points. What we see, is a strong accommodation of Paul’s thought to the conventional mores of the time.

And when it came to family values of his day, Jesus made savage attacks over and over again on the family and did it very, very often.

Sandycane

'

Sandy, of course we know the Will of God. It is written in His Word. We don't need to be omniscient. Everyone has to die. God has told us not to do murder.
Abortion is murder...a life terminated against God's Will.

Scraping a few cells out of a uterus is not my definition of "murder" even though you seem to think it should be.

And, you too claim to know the will of god?
Funny how you people know your gods will when it suits you, or is beneficial to you, but assign the blame on humans when it is not.

I was under the impression that nothing happens without god allowing it to happen...
Christian Crusades
Slaughter of American Indians
Jews
Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Earthquakes
Tsunamis
Hurricanes
Plane crashes
Train wreck
Drug overdoses
and
War

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Scraping a few cells out of a uterus is not my definition of "murder" even though you seem to think it should be.
All humans start with a single cell. Even you. So do you want to get into the game of deciding which humans are allowed to live?

And, you too claim to know the will of god?
Yeah. He wrote it down. It isn't even complicated.

Funny how you people know your gods will when it suits you, or is beneficial to you, but assign the blame on humans when it is not.
Please explain. If you are saying that people that don't follow what is written, but claim they are, means that what is written is malleable... you're wrong. So what do you mean?

I was under the impression that nothing happens without god allowing it to happen...
Uh oh... sounds like the settled view striking again. One cannot have good without the possibility of evil. God didn't want evil to happen, but it was always a possibility.

Christian Crusades
Slaughter of American Indians
Jews
Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Earthquakes
Tsunamis
Hurricanes
Plane crashes
Train wreck
Drug overdoses
and
War
This list doesn't quite fit the preceding quote. Are you saying these things are the will of God?

Status
Not open for further replies.