Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I would, but the thread is about feminism so I only mentioned that part.

A thread about feminism includes talking about what drives feminist ideas, and obviously much of it is in response to chauvinism and misogyny so sure, you should talk about the men.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A thread about feminism includes talking about what drives feminist ideas, and obviously much of it is in response to chauvinism and misogyny so sure, you should talk about the men.
Okay. So feminists are driven to make women unhappy in response to what they perceive as men being mean to them and viewing them as lessers. It's the kind of response you'd expect from someone who is illogical.

Here's the scoop: the more women sleep around before they get married the more they tend to increase their unhappiness in their marriage. Men... it makes no difference.

And since feminism is the home of promiscuity...

Arthur Brain

Okay. So feminists are driven to make women unhappy in response to what they perceive as men being mean to them and viewing them as lessers. It's the kind of response you'd expect from someone who is illogical.

Here's the scoop: the more women sleep around before they get married the more they tend to increase their unhappiness in their marriage. Men... it makes no difference.

Uh, newsflash...when women were denied the same rights as men it wasn't a case of men being 'mean', it was a case of patriarchs and chauvinists oppressing the rights of those that should have been there to start with. The inevitable uprising and backlash was bound to happen.

Your simplistic notions are rather embarrassing frankly.

Sandycane

Uh, newsflash...when women were denied the same rights as men it wasn't a case of men being 'mean', it was a case of patriarchs and chauvinists oppressing the rights of those that should have been there to start with. The inevitable uprising and backlash was bound to happen.

I agree.

Women asserting control over their lives, in place of kowtowing to men, really isn't much different from what the African Americans accomplished... and "free" sex is not the motivator for either group.

*Men have always had the freedom to act like whores without any stigma attached to their behavior - in fact, "sowing wild oats' is encouraged.

It has to do with having the freedom to express yourself as an individual and to achieve your full potential as a human being.

The Neanderthal-like attitude that women should be, and are happiest, barefoot and pregnant is, well, Neanderthal-like. Of course, to most Christians, who take the words of a two-thousand-year-old book as a blueprint for life today, it's totally acceptable.

Just as some in the middle east believe the entire world should live by Sharia law, it is wrong to force your outdated beliefs onto others, expect them to abide, and threaten them with death - in this world or the next, if they don't.

Maybe it's because white men lost control over the African Americans that they fight so fiercely to keep women "in their place" - just like they once did with the "Negros."

It seems that, for some men, the only way they can feel successful is having others to knock down and lord over.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

What? Women expecting the same rights as men? That's crazy talk.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

No, feminists are driven to assert their independence from men who use the word 'illogical' as a euphemism for 'lesser than men.'

Here's the scoop: the more women sleep around before they get married the more they tend to increase their unhappiness in their marriage.

Your kind expect virtue from women but not from men.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
anna, blinded by rage, lashes out, forgetting who she's talking to:

:chuckle: must have hit a nerve, eh?

Forgetting who I'm talking to?

:chuckle: If you hadn't jumped the shark a long time ago, that would be your Fonzie moment.

You're the narcissistic hero of your own narrative, sod. You need to lie to make yourself feel better, so telling yourself that you've bested me in a silly little game of one-upmanship on the internet makes you feel like a real man.You're a boring, repetitive, predictable, mean-spirited troll who has no sense of self-worth until he's stepped on someone else to get there.

bybee

Forgetting who I'm talking to?

:chuckle: If you hadn't jumped the shark a long time ago, that would be your Fonzie moment.

You're the narcissistic hero of your own narrative, sod. You need to lie to make yourself feel better, so telling yourself that you've bested me in a silly little game of one-upmanship on the internet makes you feel like a real man.You're a boring, repetitive, predictable, mean-spirited troll who has no sense of self-worth until he's stepped on someone else to get there.

Indeed! As he propels himself through the slime of his existence the calluses on his knuckles grow ever larger!
As is typical with inane little nonentities he hasn't an original thought in the toadstool he calls a mind. So he snickers and demeans those who are so infinitely superior to him.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
it's too bad actually

i had thought you might have taken 5solas' admonishments to heart

apparently, channeling your inner demons is too difficult for you to control

i'll pray for you

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ladies, I would suggest putting the attention-seeker on ignore, as I have. Deprive him of the attention he so desperately craves.

Status
Not open for further replies.