Fiona Hill: "The president was trying to stage a coup"

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Even this nut case wasn't charged with sedition during that "mostly peaceful" protest.

The "many trials" haven't started yet, have they? How did your source fail such basic fact-checking? And after clicking through several echo chambers to get to the original Reuters article, it turns out there's no quote from the DOJ 'acknowledging' anything. Maybe because

"The Justice Department declined to comment, saying it cannot discuss ongoing cases."

Your guys failed to overthrow the government. If they'd succeeded, you wouldn't be spending your time trying to downplay what they did, you'd be celebrating them as your new founding ("Today is 1776") heroes, horns or no horns.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Your guys failed to overthrow the government. If they'd succeeded, you wouldn't be spending your time trying to downplay what they did, you'd be celebrating them as your new founding ("Today is 1776") heroes, horns or no horns.
1. That was not really anyone's goal, though it was similar.
2. Very, very very few people on the right wanted that goal including Rand Paul. You can debate this number by looking at the congressmen who supported Donald Trump too much. But I was not on the side of insurrection.
3. An overthrow of the electoral college and its results would be too much of a shock to the public, and would have set a dangerous precedent.
4. More people die in Antifa rallies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
1. That was not really anyone's goal, though it was similar.
2. Very, very very few people on the right wanted that goal including Rand Paul. You can debate this number by looking at the congressmen who supported Donald Trump too much. But I was not on the side of insurrection.
3. An overthrow of the electoral college and its results would be too much of a shock to the public, and would have set a dangerous precedent.
annabananahead really really really misses Trump

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You actually think they tried to overthrow the government without even one of them carrying a single gun?

Annabenedetti is the only one on this forum who has gotten it right.

The difference is I see this as fantastic news. How many times did Trump utter the word "Biden" when when he mentioned a smooth transition. Zero. Why do you think the Dems want Trump impeached before January 20th? The dems are panicking. They don't look too happy, do they? They know the same thing we Qanon followers know. Trump will be our president through 2024.

They (and you) expected Trump to back them up with martial law. But he didn't. And then your Q story fell apart. And now Trump's golfing his days away and will string you along for a few years collecting donations before you realize he isn't gonna run in 2024.

And again, just because you're ignoring it:

The "many trials" haven't started yet, have they? How did your source fail such basic fact-checking? And after clicking through several echo chambers to get to the original Reuters article, it turns out there's no quote from the DOJ 'acknowledging' anything. Maybe because

"The Justice Department declined to comment, saying it cannot discuss ongoing cases.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
They (and you) expected Trump to back them up with martial law. But he didn't. And then your Q story fell apart. And now Trump's golfing his days away and will string you along for a few years collecting donations before you realize he isn't gonna run in 2024.

And again, just because you're ignoring it:
I understand why you want to change the topic of your own thread you started, but humor me. Do you actually think they tried to overthrow the government without even one of them carrying a single gun?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I understand why you want to change the topic of your own thread you started, but humor me. Do you actually think they tried to overthrow the government without even one of them carrying a single gun?

It was your link I was responding to, Jefferson. You posted the link with the fake info. I corrected it and you ignored the fact that you brought fake news into the thread.

And then I answered you: "They (and you) expected Trump to back them up with martial law. But he didn't. And then your Q story fell apart. And now Trump's golfing his days away and will string you along for a few years collecting donations before you realize he isn't gonna run in 2024."

So yes. I think there were those among them that planned to start something they expected Trump to finish. But you know that too, don't you?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

White supremacists behind majority of US domestic terror attacks in 2020

White supremacists and other rightwing extremists have been responsible for 67% of domestic terror attacks and plots so far this year, with at least half of that violence targeting protesters, according to a new analysis from a centrist thinktank.

The report found only a single deadly “far-left” attack in 2020, the shooting of Aaron Danielson, a rightwing activist, by a self-described “anti-fascist” during a protest in Portland this August. Experts on extremism said this was the first killing linked to an anti-fascist in the United States in 25 years.

Violent rightwing actors were responsible for 41 politically motivated attacks and plots this year, while “far-left” actors were responsible for 12, according to analysts at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), who have assembled a database of domestic terror attacks going back to 1994.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Gallows or guillotines? The chilling debate on TheDonald.win before the Capitol siege.

Users discussed how to bring guns into D.C., how to attack police officers and what kind of zip ties would most effectively subdue members of Congress who voted to certify the election of Joe Biden

In the weeks before supporters of then-President Donald Trump assaulted the U.S. Capitol, TheDonald.win forum commenters debated how best to build a gallows for hanging — or simply terrifying — members of Congress deemed disloyal. What kind of lumber? What kind of rope? And how many nooses?

Much of what was described in conversations on TheDonald.win came to pass Jan. 6, prompting widespread recriminations against Trump for fueling the attack through tweets and other public comments. The House impeached him for his role in inciting an insurrection, and the Senate voted 57 to 43 to find him guilty but did not reach the two-thirds vote required to convict him.

Following Trump’s loss to Democrat Joe Biden in November, the then-president relentlessly made baseless allegations of widespread voter fraud and urged supporters to come to Washington to protest — most notably in a Dec. 19 tweet saying, “Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!”

Many of his supporters treated this as a directive, the Advance Democracy report shows.

“I’LL BE THERE, AND I’LL BE WILD, SIR!!!”

“And we will be armed, and we won’t leave.”

Soon Trump’s supporters were trading travel tips, maps, money for gas, plans for cross-country caravans and hotel suggestions. One user described using his federal stimulus payment to help others go to Washington.

Users of TheDonald.win also shared advice on bringing firearms into Washington as well as how much ammunition to carry in case the protest turned into a gun battle, and they discussed the legality of carrying other weapons, such as stun guns and small knives, that might not violate the city’s strict gun-control laws.

Other subjects of discussion were the proper length and brand of zip ties for detaining members of Congress and how to use a flagpole and other objects to attack police officers.

Users of TheDonald.win also shared diagrams of the tunnel systems beneath the Capitol complex and speculated on how pushing the mob from behind could create a “wall of death” that would force police officers to abandon their positions. The prospect of a potentially violent clash with the Capitol Police officers charged with protecting the building did not appear to concern some of those chatting on TheDonald.win.

“Cops don’t have ‘standing’ if they are laying on the ground in a pool of their own blood,” wrote a user.

“Get ready to occupy the Capitol Building,” a user wrote Dec. 27. “Find the tunnels. Arrest the worst traitors.... We need over a million angry people; at least 100k armed. Let them try to hurt us as civilians. Their support will collapse overnight.”

Another user wrote of the presidential vote certification process scheduled for Jan. 6, “If they ‘certify’ biden, we storm capitol hill. Executions on the steps.”

Another user gave detailed instructions for a prolonged attack, writing “Keep your guns hidden (outside DC proper), walk into DC (good boots a must), bring your plate carrier, your flag, radio and charging kits (NO PHONES), your trauma kits (3 tourniquets, quick clot, packing), gas mask and extra filter (you need to be clean shaven), water (3L minimum per person) and food ... How many people can a dead patriot save? none.”

The same user also suggested “180 rounds minimum for main rifle, another 50 for sidearm, per person.”

The debate over building a guillotine or gallows ultimately got resolved in favor of a gallows, which commenters estimated could be built for as little as $200 in supplies. A gallows was in fact built on the National Mall on Jan. 6, providing one of the more haunting images from that day.

The intended message was summed up in a meme shared on TheDonald.win on Jan. 5 — the eve of the siege — showing a heavily sweating man labeled “Congress” as he tried to decide which of two buttons to push.
One was labeled, “Certify Trump.” The other read, “Get Lynched By Patriots.”