Fiona Hill: "The president was trying to stage a coup"

Arthur Brain

no. the videos he showed reveal that it was not an insurrection

(Matthew 15:14) Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch

Oh, you mean the selectively edited footage from a host from Fox News who's been proven to have been lying to you for years?

Yeh, best hear out for flowing rivers nearby dude...

way 2 go

Oh, you mean the selectively edited footage from a host from Fox News who's been proven to have been lying to you for years?
more confession through projection .

like how all the lying leftist media has been peddling the insurrection , boys can be girls , men can get pregnant lies
but you still faithfully listen.

you pretend to have the high ground without evidence.
Yeh, best hear out for flowing rivers nearby dude...
best you open your eyes.

Arthur Brain

more confession through projection .

like how all the lying leftist media has been peddling the insurrection , boys can be girls , men can get pregnant lies
but you still faithfully listen.

you pretend to have the high ground without evidence.

best you open your eyes.
Dude, your beloved Fox hosts have been lying to you for years and it's all come out. Carlson has made a living off the likes of you and yet you still give him a pass? They all knew there was no substance to election fraud and Fox is in a heap of trouble with the Dominion lawsuit so your 'confession through projection' garbage?

Laughable man.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
You know why I don't reply to your obsessive tagging

I know why you're obsessed with not replying to my tagging: because you cannot respond rationally to my questions and criticism. I don't know what you mean by calling my tagging "obsessive", beyond that you're merely trying to vent your chagrin by doing so.

I tag numerous people, and frequently. Is it not etiquette in forums to tag other forum users when mentioning them by name in posts? You know, so as not to be engaged in talking about them behind their backs and unfairly witholding from them an opportunity to become aware of their mention and respond how they may see fit?

As far as I know, no rule is against me mentioning you (or anyone else) in posts, which is an inevitibility whenever I quote your posts. And certainly no rule is against me quoting your posts, right? Is any rule against me mentioning you in posts in which I'm not quoting you? Do you prefer I, instead, not tag you when mentioning you? And even then, is any rule against me declining to abide by such preference?

I get it: you're a proud leftist, and as such, you imagine yourself entitled to being shielded from hearing or seeing anything that you don't like to hear or see, even in public forums meant for debate. And you have not the slightest scruples against shamelessly mis-characterizing things people say that you don't like to hear as personal attacks against you. Tell you what: you try to find something--some bit of my language--in any of my posts in which I've particulary addressed you or referred to you, something that you'd like to claim is not essentially of the same verbal style and content as I've more or less consistently been using in my denunciations of every other leftist on TOL, such as @Arthur Brain and @User Name. If you find anything you'd characterize as such, from within my posts, and would like to send me a link to it and claim that therein I've somehow uniquely, personally attacked you, I'll patiently listen to your complaint. And if I can see that you can make a point therein, I'll not deprive you of a recognition of it.

I'm not gonna respond to you the way you post to me because that wouldn't be healthy either.

You're not coming from a healthy place. You mean to tell me that you would not say the same about me? You would not say I'm not coming from a healthy place?

I said last year that you're not coming from a healthy place.

Oh, then you would respond to me the same way I post to you, after all. Got it.

you might as well give up on getting replies from me

Why reply to me to tell me you won't reply to me? What could have been a more effective way of telling me you won't reply to me than to have simply, permanently continued on with your already long stretch of not replying to me (which you just now spoiled)? I had already long since gotten the message that you would not be replying to me; I already figured you never would reply to me again, and yet here you are now telling me I figured incorrectly. To tell you the truth, I'm surprised to see that you did not have me set on "ignore".

Thanks for the reply, I guess, but what's it to me whether or not I get replies from you? The point is that, reply or no reply, you consistently demonstrate your inability to respond rationally to any of the questions/criticism I've posted against the things posted by you and those on TOL allied with your worldview.

Now I don't, by saying this, want to be a party to feeding your obsessiveness over taking every thing to be a personal attack against you that is said in denunciation of what you post in the debate forum that is TOL. But I'll say anyhow that in whatever I write in future posts in which I tag your name, I will do so with a consideration of the fact that you seem to want to be thought of as a somewhat fragile person, and I will choose my words accordingly to some extent. For example, a policy of calling you "leftard" is with me akin to wearing a hat; I can easily don it and doff it at will, and it's all just one and the same. And if it hurts your feelings, I'll not call you it, because I have no animosity against you.

On the other hand, annabenedetti, if you really were as fragile as you seem to like to let on like you are, why have you not long since had me on "ignore"? You apparently held out longer than @Arthur Brain, who just lately told me he had to give up and put me on "ignore", the poor guy. @User Name's not gonna be putting me on "ignore", I know it. I've been downright merciless to so many of his posts, and yet, oddly enough, it seems to me he never really takes it all too personally.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
LOL at you clowns:

View attachment 5945

This is a video from comedian Walter Masterson. He does not claim to be an antifa member.

This video was also never censored. Full video: youtu.be/XUyIrj4f2VU

OMG... while I wanted to laugh at the readers added context (and am thankful for it) - what a sad, sad commentary on the American far right. And they're being exploited by those they consider leaders, mentors, and allies. What a disaster.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In the expansive category of disgraceful things history will hold Trump accountable for that the GOP would not:

Pence says ‘history will hold Donald Trump accountable’ for Jan. 6th

In a speech Saturday night, former vice president Mike Pence delivered what amounted to his strongest rebuke of Donald Trump, criticizing the former president for his role in the lead-up to the Jan. 6 attack on the United States Capitol as well as attempts to rewrite the history of that day.

“President Trump was wrong,” Pence said. “I had no right to overturn the election. And his reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day. And I know that history will hold Donald Trump accountable . . . .

“The American people have a right to know what took place at the Capitol on January 6th,” he said. “But make no mistake about it, what happened that day was a disgrace, and it mocks decency to portray it in any other way.”

7djengo7

“The American people have a right to know what took place at the Capitol on January 6th,” he said.

“The American people have a right to know what took place at the Capitol on January 6th, but they have no right to see the videos of it; and if they see the videos of it, they have no right to say anything about what they see in the video; and if they say anything about what they see in the video, they have no right to say anything that we have not told them to think about J6; and if they say anything that we have not told them to think about J6, we will send out hordes of our programmed, obedient leftist zombie noisemakers to try to squelch what they say."

7djengo7

Some of the actions on that day were indeed a disgrace. The question is, which actions and who was to blame.
Pence's ambiguous words--"what happened that day"--leave it open for him to later calculate how to answer that question to his political advantage, if need or opportunity arises.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
“The American people have a right to know what took place at the Capitol on January 6th, but they have no right to see the videos of it; and if they see the videos of it, they have no right to say anything about what they see in the video; and if they say anything about what they see in the video, they have no right to say anything that we have not told them to think about J6; and if they say anything that we have not told them to think about J6, we will send out hordes of our programmed, obedient leftist zombie noisemakers to try to squelch what they say."
...because after all, we're the true NAZIs."

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Why do you call it an attempted coup instead of what it was - a demonstration that got out of hand and became a riot? Do you not understand that the average American thinks you're unhinged?
It was an attempted coup. It was a pre-planned and organized raid of the Capitol on the day that the election was to be certified with the specific intention of preventing said certification by causing Mike Pence to flee and using stand-ins to create the desired result.