Fiona Hill: "The president was trying to stage a coup"

marke

First hearing is complete. That was two hours well spent.

Fox did what it could to hang on for dear life to its viewers, running Tucker with no commercial breaks because God forbid their viewers change the channel and happen upon the hearing...

The ungodly unjustly, illegally, immorally, and wickedly impeached Trump for doing right in opposition to leftist error and now the deranged democrat mob is hatefully and unjustly lynching patriotic, God-fearing, law-abiding, loving, peaceful, hard-working, honest Americans.

marke

I don't have a problem with the second impeachment. But the first one? That was absolutely electioneering, it was 100% partisan, which ought to be embarrassing but that's the world we're living in now. And it worked too, so why on Earth wouldn't they hold these "J6" now they're calling it, hearings? Partisan impeachment worked like a charm, Dems erased the Repub advantage in the Senate and unseated the president----that's a recipe for basically perpetual impeachments (whenever a Dem House has a Repub president), and politically theatrical hearings like this.
Both impeachments of Trump were illegal, immoral, unconscionable, outrageous, unjust, political, hateful, attempts by the ungodly to overthrow American patriotism and greatness that resulted from God's blessing on this nation.

Christians know how the devil and his deluded servants work. They lie, deceive, and seek to kill those who oppose their evil ways. Democrats hired a secret whistleblower they could not allow to be cross-examined in order to lay false charges against Trump so they could deceive Americans into thinking their impeachment was just. It was all lies and wickedness on the part of the demonic democrats, just as demonic enemies of Christians in the first century hired liars to file false allegations against Christians so they could murder them as if they were doing what is right.

Acts 6:11
Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
What does any of this have to do with electioneering?

You brought it up, not me.

Liz Cheney is a boss, she'll go down in the history books for her loyalty to her country and Constitution over party.

The rest of the feckless GOP who abetted Trump will be remembered differently. As she put it:

"There is a reason why people serving in our Government take an oath to the Constitution.
As our founding fathers recognized, democracy is fragile. People in positions of public trust are duty-bound to defend it – to step forward when action is required. In our country, we don’t swear an oath to an individual, or a political party. We take our oath to defend the United States Constitution. And that oath must mean something.
Tonight, I say this to my Republican colleagues who are defending the indefensible – there will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The ungodly unjustly, illegally, immorally, and wickedly impeached Trump for doing right in opposition to leftist error and now the deranged democrat mob is hatefully and unjustly lynching patriotic, God-fearing, law-abiding, loving, peaceful, hard-working, honest Americans.

I've been thinking about your writing style for awhile now. I think it's the piles of adjectives that make you unique. Seven adjectives to one noun.

That's impressive!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Trump Throws Ivanka Under the Bus

😂

She testified that she didn't share dad's illusion that the election was stolen, saying

"It affected my perspective. I respect Attorney General Barr so I accepted what he said."

What did Bill Barr tell Congress?

In the waning weeks of 2020, then-Attorney General William Barr told Donald Trump that his claims of widespread election fraud were "[redacted]" and entirely unsupported by evidence.
Barr recounted his remarks to Trump in a closed-door interview with the House committee investigating the January 6, 2021 attack on the Capitol. As the panel kicked off the first of six hearings planned for this month, it played footage of Barr's interview in which the former attorney general recalled making clear to Trump that he did "not agree with the idea of saying the election was stolen" and saw no evidence of fraud that would have affected the election outcome.
"Frankly a year and a half later I've seen nothing to change my mind on that," Barr said.
Barr told the House committee that he spoke with Trump on at least three occasions between November and December 2020.​
Recalling those conversations, Barr said he described Trump's claims of election malfeasance as "crazy stuff" and said the falsehoods were influencing the public, doing a "great, great disservice to the country." Barr credited the timing of his December 2020 resignation, in part, to Trump's baseless election claims.
"You can't live in a world where the incumbent administration stays in power based on its view, unsupported by specific evidence, that the election that there was fraud in the election," Barr said.

Meanwhile, Jared was too busy working on pardons to care what was going on:

Kushner told the panel that he was more focused on working on pardons ahead of Trump's departure than threats from White House counsel Pat Cipollone and his team to quit if the president went ahead with his bid to subvert the election.

"I kind of, like I said, my interest at that time was on trying to get as many pardons done,"
Kushner said in the video. "And I know that, you know, him and the team were always saying, 'Oh we're going to resign, we're not going to be here if this happens, if that happens,' so I kind of took it up to just be whining, to be honest to you."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And speaking of pardons, apparently there were multiple GOP members who sought preemptive pardons from Trump:

CNN reported in January 2021 that “several” GOP lawmakers who were involved with the rally at the Ellipse in front of the White House that Trump spoke before the Capitol riot sought pardons from Trump. GOP lawmakers who spoke at the rally include Arizona GOP Reps. Paul Gosar and Andy Biggs, as well as Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.).

And according to an October 2021 Rolling Stone report, Gosar floated the idea of “blanket pardons” for some of those organizing the Ellipse rally of Jan. 6.

The Jan. 6 committee issued subpoenas to Perry, Biggs, and Brooks. In a May letter requesting information from Biggs, the committee said that Biggs was identified by former White House personnel as being part of “an effort by certain House Republicans after January 6th to seek a presidential pardon for activities taken in connection with President Trump’s efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.”

Gary K

Banned
And speaking of pardons, apparently there were multiple GOP members who sought preemptive pardons from Trump:

CNN reported in January 2021 that “several” GOP lawmakers who were involved with the rally at the Ellipse in front of the White House that Trump spoke before the Capitol riot sought pardons from Trump. GOP lawmakers who spoke at the rally include Arizona GOP Reps. Paul Gosar and Andy Biggs, as well as Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.).

And according to an October 2021 Rolling Stone report, Gosar floated the idea of “blanket pardons” for some of those organizing the Ellipse rally of Jan. 6.

The Jan. 6 committee issued subpoenas to Perry, Biggs, and Brooks. In a May letter requesting information from Biggs, the committee said that Biggs was identified by former White House personnel as being part of “an effort by certain House Republicans after January 6th to seek a presidential pardon for activities taken in connection with President Trump’s efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.”
This is hilarious. Time and again the media has had to admit that they flat out lied about Trump's actions. I'm no fan of Trump anymore but this circus is so over the top insane that I have a really hard time understanding how anyone can take it seriously. Arresting Navarro and putting hm in ankle bracelets after he told them he would cooperate with them? What kind of idiocy is this? It's nothing but grandstanding for a Soviet style show trial.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
This is hilarious. Time and again the media has had to admit that they flat out lied about Trump's actions. I'm no fan of Trump anymore but this circus is so over the top insane that I have a really hard time understanding how anyone can take it seriously

That post was about GOP lawmakers and committee subpoenas. Try to keep up.

Gary K

Banned
That was about GOP lawmakers and committee subpoenas. Try to keep up.
Yeah. It's all one and the same thing. They have zero Constitutional authority to do what they are doing and the arrest of Navarro was part and parcel of the show trial. It's all part of the same poisoned tree so it's all meaningless gibberish.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Coincidences take planning:

Video shows some of the first rioters to break through the police line running past 15 reinforced windows, making a beeline for a recessed area on the Senate side of the building, where two unreinforced windows and two doors with unreinforced glass were all that stood between them and hallways leading to lawmakers inside who had not begun to evacuate. A rioter’s fist cracked the glass of one window, video posted to social media shows. A stolen police riot shield and a wooden pole finished the job. In seconds, the unreinforced glass gave way in a single sheet. Rioters poured through the window. Similar methods were used to break glass in at least three other locations.​

Some of the insurrectionists were useful idiots, spurred on by rhetoric. Some of them planned for that day.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Coincidences take planning:

Video shows some of the first rioters to break through the police line running past 15 reinforced windows, making a beeline for a recessed area on the Senate side of the building, where two unreinforced windows and two doors with unreinforced glass were all that stood between them and hallways leading to lawmakers inside who had not begun to evacuate. A rioter’s fist cracked the glass of one window, video posted to social media shows. A stolen police riot shield and a wooden pole finished the job. In seconds, the unreinforced glass gave way in a single sheet. Rioters poured through the window. Similar methods were used to break glass in at least three other locations.​

Some of the insurrectionists were useful idiots, spurred on by rhetoric. Some of them planned for that day.
Was this about the time that AOC was almost murdered by Ted Cruz? 'Cause I'm really looking forward to seeing the video of the time that AOC was almost murdered by Ted Cruz. If you could tell me when that shows up that would be awesome. 👍

Arthur Brain

Trump Throws Ivanka Under the Bus

😂

She testified that she didn't share dad's illusion that the election was stolen, saying

"It affected my perspective. I respect Attorney General Barr so I accepted what he said."

What did Bill Barr tell Congress?

In the waning weeks of 2020, then-Attorney General William Barr told Donald Trump that his claims of widespread election fraud were "[redacted]" and entirely unsupported by evidence.
Barr recounted his remarks to Trump in a closed-door interview with the House committee investigating the January 6, 2021 attack on the Capitol. As the panel kicked off the first of six hearings planned for this month, it played footage of Barr's interview in which the former attorney general recalled making clear to Trump that he did "not agree with the idea of saying the election was stolen" and saw no evidence of fraud that would have affected the election outcome.
"Frankly a year and a half later I've seen nothing to change my mind on that," Barr said.
Barr told the House committee that he spoke with Trump on at least three occasions between November and December 2020.​
Recalling those conversations, Barr said he described Trump's claims of election malfeasance as "crazy stuff" and said the falsehoods were influencing the public, doing a "great, great disservice to the country." Barr credited the timing of his December 2020 resignation, in part, to Trump's baseless election claims.
"You can't live in a world where the incumbent administration stays in power based on its view, unsupported by specific evidence, that the election that there was fraud in the election," Barr said.

Meanwhile, Jared was too busy working on pardons to care what was going on:

Kushner told the panel that he was more focused on working on pardons ahead of Trump's departure than threats from White House counsel Pat Cipollone and his team to quit if the president went ahead with his bid to subvert the election.

"I kind of, like I said, my interest at that time was on trying to get as many pardons done,"
Kushner said in the video. "And I know that, you know, him and the team were always saying, 'Oh we're going to resign, we're not going to be here if this happens, if that happens,' so I kind of took it up to just be whining, to be honest to you."
Saw that on the BBC yesterday and was a surprise. Sure wasn't gonna make Don happy...