ECT For Baptists and non-denom evangelicals

john w

Hall of Fame
Oooooh, you nailed Candy Andy on that one. What will he do...reply forthrightly? Ignore? Tapdance? What WILL he do?!?

He'll probably stump me with something along the lines of....

"God does not change, my dear misguided John W, as our Gaaaawd is still a Gaaaawd of miracles, you bible chopper/splitter, and cherry picker, as you don't have enough faith, and are putting our God in a box,.............. ........Claim the bible, and your miracle, as your own, and pray for the anointing, and the second rain, and show evidence of your seed of faith, that you planted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We will pray for you....."

Do I see a bunch of "nodding heads," like drones, in agreement?Amen?

Cricket....cricket.........

Lon

A question for those who do not believe water baptism has anything to do with salvation but is a practice that (for whatever reason) should be followed by every believer.

If someone professes faith in Christ's death, burial and resurrection for his/her sin and justification, but for some reason that person does not want to submit to water baptism, is he/she sinning? Or is it a matter on which saved people are at liberty to disagree according to their consciences and readings of Scripture?

If you believe water baptism is some means of grace or otherwise necessary to salvation, please exercise self-control and do not answer; the question is not for you.
I don't believe it is a sin. It is an outward sign of an inward commitment. As far as MAD, it can agree that it may very well have been a way for Jews to signify their newbirth as Christians. John's was simply a way of them to show repentance. That said, for the rest of us, it is an issue of obedience to do so revealing that we are dead, buried, and risen with Christ. As such, it is/can be a powerful attesting to Christ's work.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul was baptized in water and baptized others in water.

The modern idea of shacking up being a marriage is not taught in the Bible.

Witnesses of relatives and the making of promises and the releasing of fathers and outward significations of marriage and all before God, all came from the Bible.

LA

Daniel1611

A question for those who do not believe water baptism has anything to do with salvation but is a practice that (for whatever reason) should be followed by every believer.

If someone professes faith in Christ's death, burial and resurrection for his/her sin and justification, but for some reason that person does not want to submit to water baptism, is he/she sinning? Or is it a matter on which saved people are at liberty to disagree according to their consciences and readings of Scripture?

If you believe water baptism is some means of grace or otherwise necessary to salvation, please exercise self-control and do not answer; the question is not for you.

Jesus commanded us to be baptized as believers. It's a sin not to follow God's commandments, so I'd say willfully refusing to be baptized is a sin. But being that our sins don't send us to hell, when we are saved, not being baptized would not send one to hell.
People are saved when they believe on Jesus Christ. Baptism is not a salvation issue.

If someone doesn't get baptized, they can still be saved. Although, if someone just flatly refused baptism if possible, I would wonder why they would do that.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And Paul did many things in Acts, such as raising the dead, and shaving his head, taking a vow, observing the appointed times.

You are the one claiming to follow Paul, but in reality you don't in anything he said or did.

LA :angel:

dreadknought

Crickets :rotfl: Its alreadu been said, repeated and repeated. Forget Rome, Yahshua has sealed His own, and water baptism is the respnse of what He has already done internally.. Some can pretend though.

musterion

Jesus commanded us to be baptized as believers. It's a sin not to follow God's commandments, so I'd say willfully refusing to be baptized is a sin. But being that our sins don't send us to hell, when we are saved, not being baptized would not send one to hell.
People are saved when they believe on Jesus Christ. Baptism is not a salvation issue.

If someone doesn't get baptized, they can still be saved. Although, if someone just flatly refused baptism if possible, I would wonder why they would do that.

You, like almost everyone else here, would suspect they're not, no matter if they say they believe the Gospel.

Would you reject a Gospel believing baptism rejector for fellowship or membership in your church?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Babies and the thief on the cross would seem to indicate that water baptism is not necessary for salvation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Crickets :rotfl: Its alreadu been said, repeated and repeated. Forget Rome, Yahshua has sealed His own, and water baptism is the respnse of what He has already done internally.. Some can pretend though.

You're still not making much sense? Are you deteriorating as we speak?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Babies and the thief on the cross would seem to indicate that water baptism is not necessary for salvation.

It is when God asks for it.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are the one claiming to follow Paul, but in reality you don't in anything he said or did.

LA :angel:

False dichotomy, and I recognize progressive revelation, Paul's dual ministry, something that escapes you, due to that 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV problem of yours, Christ rejector.

Get saved first, and I may give you the honor, of sitting at my feet, as I teach.

john w

Hall of Fame
It is when God asks for it.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

More slickness, deceit, from the resident Christ rejector, as she selectively posts verses, omits others-her father the devil taught her well. Observe, the continued snake oil that she spreads, citing Acts 2:37-39 KJV, but deleting the following verses:

Acts 2 KJV
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Sell all you have....have all things in common.....go to the temple....LALiarLaw. "God asks for it."

I thought so...Slick.....Real slick......Slick as an eel, slithering down a drain pipe.

Now, watch her "defense," her "escape clause," that she will spam. Watch.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
More slickness, deceit, from the resident Christ rejector, as she selectively posts verses, omits others-her father the devil taught her well. Observe, the continued snake oil that she spreads, citing Acts 2:37-39 KJV, but deleting the following verses:

Acts 2 KJV
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Sell all you have....have all things in common.....go to the temple....LALiarLaw. "God asks for it."

I thought so...Slick.....Real slick......Slick as an eel, slithering down a drain pipe.

Now, watch her "defense," her "escape clause," that she will spam. Watch.

1Co 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
1Co 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
1Co 1:15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
1Co 1:16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
1Co 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
1Co 1:15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
1Co 1:16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

LA

As I predicted-CousinIt just spams a few verses, shucks her "argument," and crawls back into her ditch:

Acts 2 KJV

Fraud.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As I predicted-CousinIt just spams a few verses, shucks her "argument," and crawls back into her ditch:

Acts 2 KJV

Fraud.

1Co 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues

1Co 14:18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

1Co 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

1Co 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

You do not follow Paul in anything.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
1Co 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues

1Co 14:18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

1Co 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

1Co 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

You do not follow Paul in anything.

LA

Slower: progressive revelation, you deceiving viper.

Shave your head, raise the dead.

Fraud.

Acts 2 KJV

Scammer.

Christian Liberty

You, like almost everyone else here, would suspect they're not, no matter if they say they believe the Gospel.

I'd say that to refuse water baptism (which is distinct from simply being unaware of its importance or not getting a chance to do it) is to show a questionable understanding of the gospel. If you look at Matthew 28:19-20, the apostles were supposed to go into the world and make disciples of ALL NATIONS (note: not just the Jews, yet another thing which should put the MAD nonsense to rest forever) and BAPTIZE THEM in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Baptism is supposed to be done immediately after belief in the gospel. In Acts this formula is followed throughout. Repent and be baptized (Acts 2:38)

Would you reject a Gospel believing baptism rejector for fellowship or membership in your church?

Of course, because baptism is supposed to be performed immediately after conversion. Failing to do so knowingly is to live in open sin. And no, you don't just get to get out of that by claiming you actually only think a quarter of the Bible was written to you.

Christian Liberty

I don't believe baptism is essential for salvation (and indeed this thread is not for those who do) but I think this is a weak argument.

For one thing, baptism had yet to be instituted at the time of the thief on the cross. Denominations that teach baptism is essential (wrong as they are) would claim this is the case ONLY after Jesus actually instituted it as a sacrament. Thus, the thief on the cross would be totally irrelevant to the issue (I'll also say that most who believe in baptism being essential for salvation do believe there are special cases, nonetheless Cornelius, who was filled with the spirit prior to baptism, is a far better argument.)

As for babies: 1. You don't know if they are saved. 2. Most evangelicals (though I'm not convinced myself) believe infants can be saved without faith, so a baptismal regenerationist could easily argue that infants could also be saved without baptism, but not others.

Again, I do believe baptismal regeneration is wrong (and even damnable in certain forms), and the Bible is pretty clear on it, but I don't agree with your reasons.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'd say that to refuse water baptism (which is distinct from simply being unaware of its importance or not getting a chance to do it) is to show a questionable understanding of the gospel. If you look at Matthew 28:19-20, the apostles were supposed to go into the world and make disciples of ALL NATIONS (note: not just the Jews, yet another thing which should put the MAD nonsense to rest forever) and BAPTIZE THEM in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Baptism is supposed to be done immediately after belief in the gospel. In Acts this formula is followed throughout. Repent and be baptized (Acts 2:38)

Of course, because baptism is supposed to be performed immediately after conversion. Failing to do so knowingly is to live in open sin. And no, you don't just get to get out of that by claiming you actually only think a quarter of the Bible was written to you.

good post my friend