Free Drugs

C

cattyfan

this is going to Lucky, Crow, Billy,and Catty

please debate me, i want to loose the drug debate.
but i cant untill you hit solid points
dont you think crackheads that come to TOL love reading my words?
attack issues not me!

i gave you folks this info in the thread.
USE IT!

free drugs=Crime rate goes down 60 - 80% immediately. Then it goes back up as more people become addicted on free drugs--surprise they stop working and start stealing. Jail is not the answer. I've known many peoplewho have gone to jail. Plenty of drugs in jail. They still come out addicted if they want to be. And they might have learned the trade of a theif even better. A perscription, maybe with slowly cutting back amounts.

my inlaws needed to hit bottom before they changed.
think about what you have seen.
my one brother in law had to go, he was danger to my family, he hit his bottom on the street, then changed
i needed to give him the street, but would never let him go hungry,

there is no point in continuing to converse with you on this topic becuase you are not actually reading what we write. I will cite 3 examples: 1.) The criminal in the original news report is a dealer, not a drug user. you have ignored this and continued to approach the discussion as though we want to persecute him for using drugs instead of acknowledging we want him to receive the just and proscribed societal penalty for killing two children while fleeing from police. 2.) when I state plainly my brother has never stayed in my home. We haven't slept under the same roof since I was 13 years old. never once. You continued as though I have housed him upon occasion. 3.) My brother never had a relapse, and while you may think that is unusual, it is a fact. There were steps taken to monitor this that I am not going to explain because it, quite simply, is none of your business. You have no right to question his behavior, as you know nothing about him. But you have continued to insuate that somehow he didn't really make a recovery.

I am tired of having my words twisted...I am fatigued by your insistance that everyone else is wrong.

And I am saddened by this contentious and sometimes hurtful discussion. I will not participate in any further exchange on this. You can say whatever nonsense you like (and you have.) Leave me out of future conversations on this. Do not quote or refer to me or my previous posts. The endless posting of the same things wastes all of our time. And please do not inflict on me anymore pms containing more of the same thing.

I am disappointed in your conduct on this and the related thread, bw.

I have a forgiving heart, but that doesn't mean I have to continue being part of this sad little sniping circle.

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
Did yall learn anything?See how hard it is to deal with a "crackhead"Looks like we all failed this experiment...:(

C

cattyfan

Did yall learn anything?See how hard it is to deal with a "crackhead"Looks like we all failed this experiment...

I never signed on to be part of somebody's little sociological/cultural experiment...if bw thinks he has something to teach us or to share with us, then he should have been straight (pardon the word use) with us. This topic is too sensitive and personal to play silly games. And ignoring everyone's posts is not constructive dialogue...what exactly is the point of that?

brother Willi

Originally posted by cattyfan

I never signed on to be part of somebody's little sociological/cultural experiment...if bw thinks he has something to teach us or to share with us, then he should have been straight (pardon the word use) with us. This topic is too sensitive and personal to play silly games. And ignoring everyone's posts is not constructive dialogue...what exactly is the point of that?
see yourself in your brothers eyes

SOTK

Re: Re: Re: Free Drugs

Re: Re: Re: Free Drugs

Originally posted by brother Willi

what about help?

i have seen em go to jail, they come out better criminals AND STILL DRUGHEADS.

JAIL IS NOT A CURE

What the.......!

I can't believe that I missed this thread!!

bw, you can't be serious?! You actually believe you have the power to help an addict? You actually believe that giving them drugs and/or alcohol helps? You actually believe tha jails don't help? :kookoo:

You are TOTALLY misinformed and/or have some funny ideas on this subject! Coming from an admitted Alcoholic's perspective, you don't have a clue. First of all, I don't have the power to heal myself from this disease. God healed me! Second of all, people, yes they probably had good intentions, tried to help me. Some even attempted to make me stop. It didn't and doesn't work! At least that is this alcoholic's experience! Believe me, this opinion is shared by countless alcoholics and addicts who have found sobriety. The only help and hope that we have from beating this ailment is GOD! Period! Thirdly, YOU ARE CAUSING FURTHER DAMAGE by supplying these types of people with their drug or choice or the means to get it! HELLO!!! These people need tough love, trust me! Not, bleeding heart enabling love which leads me to my next point. There is nothing wrong with alcoholics and drug addicts going to jail! We are still responsible for our actions and behaviors! It's bull crap to say we aren't! Also, there is nothing like a good consequence to sober a person up. Isolation can do wonders for an alcoholic! Also, help can be found within the walls of an institution. There are Chaplains and AA and NA come to institutions. Eventhouth I believe that alcoholism and drug addiction is a disease, we still have a choice! God gives us that choice daily!

bw, you need to seriously re-evaluate your thought process on this before you cause more harm than good!

SOTK

Crow

Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Drugs

Originally posted by SOTK

What the.......!

bw, you can't be serious?! You actually believe you have the power to help an addict? You actually believe that giving them drugs and/or alcohol helps? You actually believe tha jails don't help? :kookoo:

You are TOTALLY misinformed and/or have some funny ideas on this subject! Coming from an admitted Alcoholic's perspective, you don't have a clue. First of all, I don't have the power to heal myself from this disease. God healed me! Second of all, people, yes they probably had good intentions, tried to help me. Some even attempted to make me stop. It didn't and doesn't work! At least that is this alcoholic's experience! Believe me, this opinion is shared by countless alcoholics and addicts who have found sobriety. The only help and hope that we have from beating this ailment is GOD! Period! Thirdly, YOU ARE CAUSING FURTHER DAMAGE by supplying these types of people with their drug or choice or the means to get it! HELLO!!! These people need tough love, trust me! Not, bleeding heart enabling love which leads me to my next point. There is nothing wrong with alcoholics and drug addicts going to jail! We are still responsible for our actions and behaviors! It's bull crap to say we aren't! Also, there is nothing like a good consequence to sober a person up. Isolation can do wonders for an alcoholic! Also, help can be found within the walls of an institution. There are Chaplains and AA and NA come to institutions. Eventhouth I believe that alcoholism and drug addiction is a disease, we still have a choice! God gives us that choice daily!

bw, you need to seriously re-evaluate your thought process on this before you cause more harm than good!

SOTK

SOTK--

Almost 30 years ago, I abused drugs, although the drugs of my choice were different--beauties, percs, and heroin to name a few. I had to get to the point of being sick of being nearly unemployable and living on 40 bucks a week that the only part time job I could hold brought. And hanging out with the kind of guys who would buy drugs for me.

I had to spend time in jail lying on a hard mattress that smelt of other people's vomit and piss because I got arrested stoned committing acts of criminal mischief and vandalism. That was what made me decide that I would quit or die by my own hand.

It took life being intolerable for me to change my life. Which is why I get so angry when I even think of someone giving a crackhead money for crack. :mad: I've never touched crack in my life, but thank God I did not have an evil self-serving enabler to give me drugs when I was weak. I kicked them on my first try.

Last edited:
C

cattyfan

and, Crow, I will tell you something similar to what I said to BillyBob: I'm so glad you did. The world is better with you and BB in it, and I have learned a lot from you.

brother Willi

Originally posted by SOTK

What the.......!

SOTK

please look here
i pray you understand one day when a loved one becomes addicted.

seen those commercials on TV?
the one were the parents practise gettin yelled at?
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16481

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Drugs

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Drugs

Originally posted by brother Willi

the one were the parents practise gettin yelled at?
Yeah, very stupid! If one of my kids started yelling at me like that I'd be slapin' 'em upside the head with some sense before they could finish their first sentence along with commenting to them... "Surely you've had a temporary loss of mind talkin' to me like that so let me try and knock some sense into ya here!"

brother Willi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Drugs

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Drugs

Originally posted by Poly

Yeah, very stupid! If one of my kids started yelling at me like that I'd be slapin' 'em upside the head with some sense before they could finish their first sentence along with commenting to them... "Surely you've had a temporary loss of mind talkin' to me like that so let me try and knock some sense into ya here!"

that path leads to war Poly.

your child might leave you and never return.

it is NOT them yelling at you.

it is the disire to do drugs yelling.

true sometimes love comes with a kick in the rear.
(not literally)

correct them gently, so they can always know you love them.

THATS REALLLLLLLY HARD.
but if you fail, your child has one more reason to keep being an addict.

i pray you never see that day