freelight's cosmic cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
~*~*~

Ah, where shall we begin? First my proposal, guidelines and vision for this thread, which I suggest all posters/readers to respect, in which respect will then be given back,...as per forum rules and common courtesy. That's the 'ideal' here.

My project-theme for the thread is a fun, casual, kick-back atmosphere, like a 'cafe'...where you can relax, have a few health snacks on the menu, enjoy some excellent beverages and also some nice smaller size meals to wet your palate and nourish your soul. Fellow poets, soul-voyagers, connoisseurs and traders are welcome, but the goods are 'metaphysical' ;)

I know the proposed theme for this forum is supposed to be where no holds barred battles take place',...but even in that context I offer a re-direct on that; - this will be a safe-haven from the mean streets surrounding the alley, for travelers....a place for those looking to question their own beliefs, opinions, assumptions about 'God', 'religion', 'reality', etc. A 'reality-check point'. Such takes intellectual honesty and brutal transparency (hence the battle with one's own self, where sorting out what is 'true' from what is 'false' takes place). This inner search may include admitting you don't know (agnosis) about a particular subject or even about anything at all :idunno: It might also include acknowledging that your 'belief' or 'opinion' about anything is just that (just an 'belief' or 'opinion')...its subject to change. "wax on, wax off".

I coming from a more liberal eclectic background and prospectus am available to facilitate and direct 'creative dialogue' with those interested in probing their own minds and maybe breaking thru old paradigms to explore new dimensions and expand consciousness. That's what I'm all about anyways, for those who know me...at least so far in this life-journey. Life is the experience of what you do with-in the space and time afforded you,..this is what creation is.

You're in freelights cozy little pub so be cognizant of what you're in for (for some this will be delightful, for others not so much :crackup:). If a 'fight' breaks out anywhere,...let it be against your own inner demons and 'assumptions' about life, or even your own view of yourself. Remember, its just a point of view. Expect all the goodies and benefits that come with our 'creating' (provided you have the creativity and intelligence to engage in actual 'dialogue' for the mere enjoyment or learning-potential of such),...as we venture forward as co-creators :)

At this point in your journey (having stopped at the cosmic café), have a peaceful reflection and meditation about where you are at in life (here in the 'eternal now'), what its all about, and where you are going, and what significance this might have within the greater cosmos. Knock yourself out, but be kind to yourself in the process. This will also be a venue to probe freelight's mind on various religious/philosophical subjects, in a fun adventurous way, as if I didn't share enough on that in other threads quite generously :idea: As Emerson said, "hitch your wagon to a star"....and enjoy the ride :surf:

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Wow, thank you. I'd like a Margarita on the rocks, salt on the rim please. :)

I like the name... freelight's cosmic cafe. It flows.

Its so in his wheel-house eh?

Participants are encouraged to the read the OP of course, and open a course up to some fun spontaneous discussion,...we can co-navigate as we go. As we begin certain subjects,...we'll venture on those path-ways,...so its kinda in the brewing stage. I may venture a beginning point if none is forthcoming,....its our co-creation.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I sure did read it - you have a nice idea and I hope you get some good conversations going. Although I'm more likely to read than join in, I did want to tell you I liked this:

but be kind to yourself in the process.

It's possible a lot of people don't find that an easy thing to do.

Thanks for that and good night. :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
appetizers

appetizers

Nice idea an' all but until I get a fermented produce of strawberries and cocoa beans, garnished with a bay leaf there's nothing doing...I've been waiting ten seconds for such already...

:plain:

Well, patience is a virtue, and by the law of attraction, you'll get what you desire if you give your undivided attention to it :) welcome to the smorgasbord.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Knock yourself out....

LOL-steve-martin-13579650-250-231.gif

Arthur Brain

Well, patience is a virtue, and by the law of attraction, you'll get what you desire if you give your undivided attention to it :) welcome to the smorgasboard.

In that case I'll be patient enough to order an actual appetising drink instead of the dross I demanded so abhorrently...

:e4e:

truthjourney

Hello freelight. :) Interesting thread. As I was reading the OP, I was thinking of the first time I ate sushi. I didn't think I would like it. I was aware that it was healthy but it just didn't look very palatable. But once I tried it, it was very tasty and made me feel good.
I think spiritual food can be that way. I know that I've had to change my thinking about certain things over the years. I was really depriving myself of good healthy spiritual food. This was hindering my spiritual growth and happiness. It also affected my view of God and others. It was a barrier that I had to overcome. I have made progress but still have a ways to go.

:cheers:

Letsargue

~*~*~

Ah, where shall we begin? First my proposal, guidelines and vision for this thread, which I suggest all posters/readers to respect, in which respect will then be given back,...as per forum rules and common courtesy. That's the 'ideal' here.

My project-theme for the thread is a fun, casual, kick-back atmosphere, like a 'cafe'...where you can relax, have a few health snacks on the menu, enjoy some excellent beverages and also some nice smaller size meals to wet your palate and nourish your soul. Fellow poets, soul-voyagers, connoisseurs and traders are welcome, but the goods are 'metaphysical' ;)

I know the proposed theme for this forum is supposed to be where no holds barred battles take place',...but even in that context I offer a re-direct on that; - this will be a safe-haven from the mean streets surrounding the alley, for travelers....a place for those looking to question their own beliefs, opinions, assumptions about 'God', 'religion', 'reality', etc. A 'reality-check point'. Such takes intellectual honesty and brutal transparency (hence the battle with one's own self, where sorting out what is 'true' from what is 'false' takes place). This inner search may include admitting you don't know (agnosis) about a particular subject or even about anything at all :idunno: It might also include acknowledging that your 'belief' or 'opinion' about anything is just that (just an 'belief' or 'opinion')...its subject to change. "wax on, wax off".

I coming from a more liberal eclectic background and prospectus am available to facilitate and direct 'creative dialogue' with those interested in probing their own minds and maybe breaking thru old paradigms to explore new dimensions and expand consciousness. That's what I'm all about anyways, for those who know me...at least so far in this life-journey. Life is the experience of what you do with-in the space and time afforded you,..this is what creation is.

You're in freelights cozy little pub so be cognizant of what you're in for (for some this will be delightful, for others not so much :crackup:). If a 'fight' breaks out anywhere,...let it be against your own inner demons and 'assumptions' about life, or even your own view of yourself. Remember, its just a point of view. Expect all the goodies and benefits that come with our 'creating' (provided you have the creativity and intelligence to engage in actual 'dialogue' for the mere enjoyment or learning-potential of such),...as we venture forward as co-creators :)

At this point in your journey (having stopped at the cosmic café), have a peaceful reflection and meditation about where you are at in life (here in the 'eternal now'), what its all about, and where you are going, and what significance this might have within the greater cosmos. Knock yourself out, but be kind to yourself in the process. This will also be a venue to probe freelight's mind on various religious/philosophical subjects, in a fun adventurous way, as if I didn't share enough on that in other threads quite generously :idea: As Emerson said, "hitch your wagon to a star"....and enjoy the ride :surf:

freelight!!!
What in "Heaven" - does any of this have to do with GOD???
This sounds like TV Commercials!! -- I thought You believed in Some form of God, of some Kind, not the teaching of some stupid Nonsense like This!!!
( Remember; )? - "The Back Alley", is where ((( "BATTLES" ))) Take Place!! - Not some stupid cooking or whatever you have here in this nonsense!!
GOD is the "TRUTH", NOTHING but the Truth / The Word of GOD / Christ; - Not FALSE!! - What you have here is Everything but the TRUTH / The Word of God / Christ; but F-A-L-S-E!!! - And you are Religious? - What does that mean?? --- It means that you are not Carnal Minded like this stuff IS!!! Spiritual minded is of GOD, Not the Contradiction / Satan / the Darkness. - Spiritual Darkness means ( "NOT THERE" )!!! SOOO - You are Not there where GOD IS, but IN the Contradiction of God // SATAN / Darkness!! - Thus you cannot S-E-E GOD!!!

Christ is the "LIGHT" of the Word of God // the Truth. - Not the Darkness like this STUFF. Christ is the Light, and SATAN Is the Contradiction of the Light / Truth // Christ // - T-H-A-T -- L-I-G-H-T!!!!!!!!!!

OOHH Yes, you will - or may not respond with JUNK, but you cannot respond With the TRUTH, And the TRUTH Is Not Untrue!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 091115

Status
Not open for further replies.