Gay Catholics Push for Church Weddings

Quetzal

There needs to be a lobby pushing to amplify 'equal protection', which society clearly has transgressed.
For example, there was an incident of a man who owned a bar. He was not religious, and had no problem with LGBT. When he opened his bar, however, it had been taken over by cross dressers and potential customers were walking in and back out thinking it was a gay bar.

Upon telling them that they are hurting his business, he was robbed of his finances by the Department of Labor and forced to compensate them for emotional damages. All in all, it bankrupted his business assets and he was forced to close down.
Source of the story, please?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
This statement, are you trying to say homosexuals are forcing themselves into the bedrooms of Christians?

No, i am saying homos are saying to stay out of their bedrooms while at the same time demanding christians come into them (by forcing them to agree with and support their marriages by insisting on them creating items for their nuptuals)

Cant have it both ways - is it stay out or im going to force you in..

Cons&Spires

BANNED
Banned
No, i am saying homos are saying to stay out of their bedrooms while at the same time demanding christians come into them (by forcing them to agree with and support their marriages by insisting on them creating items for their nuptuals)

Unfortunately for unbelievers, it is not in the nature of Christianity, or perhaps any religion for that matter, to simply 'stay out of the bedroom'.

There is no 'place' in which sin hides or is legitimate. I hear it a lot, the whole 'stay out the bedroom' thing- it seems to just be a cheap way to ignore the issue.

Quetzal

Oh ok, makes more sense. I mean, we are covering a lot of broad strokes here. First, you are right, you can't force a group to actively support you. Second, the big thing they are striving for is legal equality. Once that is something they can easily access (which is becoming more and more common), that is where the argument should be over. Right? Then, go on about your lives. Sure, there are going to be outliers and extreme activists that want everyone to support them, but it simply won't happen.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Oh ok, makes more sense. I mean, we are covering a lot of broad strokes here. First, you are right, you can't force a group to actively support you. Second, the big thing they are striving for is legal equality. Once that is something they can easily access (which is becoming more and more common), that is where the argument should be over. Right? Then, go on about your lives. Sure, there are going to be outliers and extreme activists that want everyone to support them, but it simply won't happen.

The force is happening and costing lots of people lots of $ for fake mental anguish claims. What about the rights they trample?

Quetzal

The force is happening and costing lots of people lots of $ for fake mental anguish claims. What about the rights they trample?
There are always going to be people who abuse the legal system to their advantage. This is not exclusive to homosexuals.

TracerBullet

That was a hit below the belt. You appear to desire to spread judgmental divisiveness?

why was it a "hit below the belt"????

I mean aside from the fact that you don't like the apt comparison.

At the forced ending of segregation many Christian businesses faced either breaking the law or going against their moral doctrine and providing services to blacks.

TracerBullet

I am absolutely in favor of live and let live so long as the innocent and the vulnerable are protected.
Perhaps I might direct your attention, again, to the gay couple who decided to not allow a Christian baker to live and let live?
This knife cuts both ways.

you mean the bakery that broke the law?

why should members of a minority just happily accept discrimination?

Should African Americans chosen to live and let live and not fought segregation?

TracerBullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Christian business owners have been heavily fined and threatened with jail time for engaging in "prohibited activities" (i.e. failing to provide services for sodomites who insist on having a 'wedding cake' baked for their faux wedding, even though said Christian told them it goes against their moral doctrine), Many following the culture war foresee churches losing their tax exempt status for failing to perform faux marriages, and even worse, being brought up on hate crime charges.

Racism inside the LGBTQueer movement that you represent has been well documented elsewhere. Right now we're talking about a behavior, one that Holy Scripture detests but forgives with the act of repentance, not someone's skin color.

Yes the behavior of hatred is condemned often in the bible

TracerBullet

There needs to be a lobby pushing to amplify 'equal protection', which society clearly has transgressed.
For example, there was an incident of a man who owned a bar. He was not religious, and had no problem with LGBT. When he opened his bar, however, it had been taken over by cross dressers and potential customers were walking in and back out thinking it was a gay bar.

Upon telling them that they are hurting his business, he was robbed of his finances by the Department of Labor and forced to compensate them for emotional damages. All in all, it bankrupted his business assets and he was forced to close down.

Yeah, it seems you can't just call up people and tell them to not come to your business...imagine that