Gay Catholics Push for Church Weddings

Quetzal

The problem is that physical aspect of homosexuality exposes its practitioners to disease in ways that 'normal' sexual activities that heterosexual couples are not exposed to.

In the end, you have the same problem that heterosexual people have... promiscuity... multiple partners = many many dollars spent on cures that would have been better spent on cancer or the common cold.

Have you ever been to a gay pride parade?... half the people should be arrested for public nudity and debauchery.
If they are being indecent in public via nudity, then yes, something should be done about that. But forgive me for not judging an entire group of people based on a parade.

bybee

None of which would be necessary if you people would just let them live their lives and leave them alone.

I am absolutely in favor of live and let live so long as the innocent and the vulnerable are protected.
Perhaps I might direct your attention, again, to the gay couple who decided to not allow a Christian baker to live and let live?
This knife cuts both ways.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Christian business owners have been heavily fined and threatened with jail time for engaging in "prohibited activities" (i.e. failing to provide services for sodomites who insist on having a 'wedding cake' baked for their faux wedding, even though said Christian told them it goes against their moral doctrine), Many following the culture war foresee churches losing their tax exempt status for failing to perform faux marriages, and even worse, being brought up on hate crime charges.

Just like those poor Christian business owners who are being forced to go against their moral doctrine and serve black people.

Racism inside the LGBTQueer movement that you represent has been well documented elsewhere. Right now we're talking about a behavior, one that Holy Scripture detests but forgives with the act of repentance, not someone's skin color.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am absolutely in favor of live and let live so long as the innocent and the vulnerable are protected.

With all due respect TOL moderator bybee, what is the basis for your live and let live worldview, i.e. does it come from The Holy Bible or the doctrine/ideology of libertarianism?

Jose Fly

Perhaps I might direct your attention, again, to the gay couple who decided to not allow a Christian baker to live and let live?

Funny how none of you Christians here were up in arms when a Christian was awarded $325,000 by the state of Oregon after it was determined that he was illegally discriminated against by his boss for being Christian.

Or does "live and let live" only apply to gays?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Funny how none of you Christians here were up in arms when a Christian was awarded $325,000 by the state of Oregon after it was determined that he was illegally discriminated against by his boss for being Christian.

Or does "live and let live" only apply to gays?

Do tell what employment issues have to do with churches being forced to marry what goes against its very beliefs?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
None of which would be necessary if you people would just let them live their lives and leave them alone.

You mean like gays letting christians live their lives and be left alone when they dont agree to be forced into their bedroom?

gcthomas

You mean like gays letting christians live their lives and be left alone when they dont agree to be forced into their bedroom?

Oh, I must have missed that story. Gays forcing Christians into their bedrooms? Eurghhh. Is 'sell me a cake' a vile gay euphemism for 'you will come and stand in my bedroom or else' now?

Jose Fly

The ones who sued werent employees, you still have an apples and oranges argument.

Both cases were about illegal discrimination.

Apparently when Christians file a complaint of illegal discrimination and are granted an award, that's just fine.

But when gays file a complaint of illegal discrimination and are granted an award, that's just awful and shows how evil those gays are.

Tribalism at its best....:rolleyes:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Both cases were about illegal discrimination.

False. Its actually discrimination for a gay to force someone to create something for them against their constitutonally protected religious beliefs and if one is going to scream stay out of our bedroom and leave us alone, they cannot also force you to agree and participate in what goes on there.

They are hypocrites.

Quetzal

I agree, it does.

Cons&Spires

BANNED
Banned
There needs to be a lobby pushing to amplify 'equal protection', which society clearly has transgressed.
For example, there was an incident of a man who owned a bar. He was not religious, and had no problem with LGBT. When he opened his bar, however, it had been taken over by cross dressers and potential customers were walking in and back out thinking it was a gay bar.

Upon telling them that they are hurting his business, he was robbed of his finances by the Department of Labor and forced to compensate them for emotional damages. All in all, it bankrupted his business assets and he was forced to close down.