Gay Mass Murder Trend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipper

I wish Bob would apply his insightful logic to, say, the question of crime and race, then explain why he thinks that's different, somehow.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
I wish Bob would apply his insightful logic to, say, the question of crime and race, then explain why he thinks that's different, somehow.
Well, the argument hinges on sexual orientation being a conscious choice, and since one's ethnicity is demonstrably not...

I think you can see where it'll go from here...

Gerald

Resident Fiend
So I guess you don't think Middle Eastern men in their 20s should be searched more closely at airports than anyone else since not ALL Middle Eastern men are terrorists.
Problem is, it's not always obvious that "Middle Eastern men in their 20s" are Middle Eastern.

You might want to present a list of descriptors...

Granite

Hall of Fame
Problem is, it's not always obvious that "Middle Eastern men in their 20s" are Middle Eastern.

You might want to present a list of descriptors...

You think Jeff would include Israelis, by any chance? Or pretty much anyone from the Middle East who isn't from Israel?

What about Egyptians or other North Africans?

Flipper

Well, the argument hinges on sexual orientation being a conscious choice, and since one's ethnicity is demonstrably not...

I think you can see where it'll go from here...

I don't think it follows because, after all, becoming a criminal is a conscious choice. I am not sure what Bob's position is on whether homosexuality is a predisposition, but I am certain I know his views about people who act on the urge.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
An article over a decade old written by a well-known quack with an axe to grind only impresses the faithful, Jeff. You should know better.
You're right. I should know better than to engage a brat in a debate. You gave a typical bratty response: if you can't attack the statistics, attack the source. The article's statistics came from Psychological Reports, 1993 and a paper presented at Midwestern Psychological Association, Chicago, 1983.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeus

BANNED
Banned
Serial killers are psychologically messed up. We all known this. Being messed up often involves major identity confusion. Some do not know if they are gay or straight -- or male or female for that matter. To simply call such people gay is just weak logic. They are confused -- and act out that confusion on their victims.

Gay adults know that they are gay. Transgendered adults know their true gender.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
We're all evil. If not for the grace of God, we'd all get what we deserve...in hell.
Is your point that homosexuals do not make up a higher percentage of serial murderers than the general population?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course not, Nicholas....but, targeting one group isn't the answer.
Like, if I said, "old ladies that gossip on the phone are evil" :chuckle:

Do you agree that we should be as moral as possible, and encourage others to do the same?

None of us can be perfect, but we should try to be, because it is the right thing to do. God condemns homosexual behavior so harshly, that he calls for the same penalty as murder, kidnapping, and rape. So why would you look the other way? This is completely apart from the Gospel. Yet God demands justice from governments against evil doers. You know this.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you agree that we should be as moral as possible, and encourage others to do the same?

None of us can be perfect, but we should try to be, because it is the right thing to do. God condemns homosexual behavior so harshly, that he calls for the same penalty as murder, kidnapping, and rape. So why would you look the other way? This is completely apart from the Gospel. Yet God demands justice from governments against evil doers. You know this.

Your standard for what is *universally* evil and wrong is not accepted by everyone, and IF you want to actually make laws based on your religion and deity it is up to you to prove your basis of morality is beyond question.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Statistics don't prove evil, nor do they prove that being gay causes behaviour X,Y, or Z only that there is a relationship between the two.
I agree. The statistics prove there is a relationship between being gay and having a greater likelihood of being a serial killer.

PlastikBuddha

I agree. The statistics prove there is a relationship between being gay and having a greater likelihood of being a serial killer.
No- there is a relationship between the kind of extreme pyschosis that causes a person to become a serial killer and a breakdown of sexual identity; for example the projection of childhood sexual abuse upon same sex victims. How many of these serial killers you so willfully classify as gay considered themselves homosexuals? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.