George Floyd killed himself with drugs.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
I don't want any of the things you suggest and his former crimes are most certainly irrelevant to the case at hand also. He was incapacitated. Had he posed a threat then it would indeed be understandable as to why Chauvin acted as he did, at least initially. If he was by himself with no armed support then it could be arguable that his restraining methods were also understandable to a prolonged extent. Except he wasn't. He had colleagues who were armed and on standby and yet he sat on the man's neck for nine minutes until he died and it's all on video footage. So once again, what was his excuse? Floyd wasn't going anywhere. Even if he had tried to make a run for it or whatever there were armed police right there on the spot. Answer that, if you can.
No his former crimes are not irrelevant you don’t think the policeman knew he was dealing with a man with 8 felonies who had served time in prison ? He subdued a large person on drugs who resisted arrest.Again Floyd died from taking drugs with a bad heart.

Arthur Brain

No his former crimes are not irrelevant you don’t think the policeman knew he was dealing with a man with 8 felonies who had served time in prison ? He subdued a large person on drugs who resisted arrest.Again Floyd died from taking drugs with a bad heart.
They're entirely irrelevant and you simply can't answer the question even after it's been fleshed out to you in detail. What possible threat did Floyd pose after being incapacitated on the ground by Chauvin with several armed colleagues in support? You do realize that those other officers are facing aiding and abetting charges as well?

Eric h

The officer weighed 140 while Floyd was over 200 pounds.
If Floyd had his hands free and was punching out, I would agree his size and weight would be an advantage over just one small cop. There were four cops with guns, Floyd was cuffed and on the ground. In this situation size did not matter because the cops had control.

I have been a Street Pastor for thirteen years, we wonder the streets of our town until around 4 am after the pubs have closed. We come into contact with a lot of drunken violence. On one occasion there were fifty plus people when a fight broke out, broken bottles were used as weapons. There were six of us, most of us were in our sixties and seventies, we have no protective stuff and we don't do self defence. I can only say some of us walked in the middle of the fight; the police and ambulance turned up after peace had been restored.

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God. So if each and everyone of those angry lads matter to God, they should matter to us.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Just to clarify, at some point after Floyd says; I can't breath, Chauvin then thought I am going to kneel on his neck anyway.

You forgot the part where Floyd, a 6'4", 223lbs man was resisting arrest, and Chauvin, a 5'9", 140lbs man was trying to get him to stop resisting.

This has nothing to do with hatred for the law.

Because you say so?

If you were being arrested, would you want an officer to kneel on your neck for nine minutes?

No one wants anyone to kneel on their necks, especially not criminals who, being larger than the officers who are trying to arrest them, are resisting arrest.

A police officer should set a good example.

Indeed he should.

Arthur Brain

You forgot the part where Floyd, a 6'4", 223lbs man was resisting arrest, and Chauvin, a 5'9", 140lbs man was trying to get him to stop resisting.

Because you say so?

No one wants anyone to kneel on their necks, especially not criminals who, being larger than the officers who are trying to arrest them, are resisting arrest.

Indeed he should.
How does this explain or excuse Chauvin kneeling on the man's neck for nine minutes when he was posing no threat? He had armed officers surrounding so just what threat was Floyd capable of exactly? None is what.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
How does this explain or excuse Chauvin kneeling on the man's neck for nine minutes when he was posing no threat? He had armed officers surrounding so just what threat was Floyd capable of exactly? None is what.
Since you have never arrested even one person in your life I am sure you have never tussled with a 6’4” man on drugs who resisted arrest. Stay home in your lazy boy and Monday morning quarterback since that is all you have and know.

Arthur Brain

Since you have never arrested even one person in your life I am sure you have never tussled with a 6’4” man on drugs who resisted arrest. Stay home in your lazy boy and Monday morning quarterback since that is all you have and know.
Quite right, I haven't. Haven't knelt on a guy's neck for nine minutes for no good reason with armed colleagues on standby either.

Eric h

I did not forget that Floyd was almost twice the size of Chauvin. For some reason you chose to ignore this from my last post.
If Floyd had his hands free and was punching out, I would agree his size and weight would be an advantage over just one small cop. There were four cops with guns, Floyd was cuffed and on the ground. In this situation size did not matter because the cops had control.

And one more small point, Floyd was 223 lbs, there were four cops and if they each weighed 140 lbs that would be a combined weight of 560 lbs.

Had chauvin not knelt on his neck for 9 minutes, Floyd would still be alive today.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Had chauvin not knelt on his neck for 9 minutes, Floyd would still be alive today.
Not according to the coroner who stated that if Floyd had been found dead in a locked house the level of fentanyl in his system would have made a diagnosis of opiod overdose a no brainer.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Had Floyd not passed counterfeit bills, Floyd would still be alive today.

Had Floyd not taken illegal drugs, Floyd would still be alive today.

Had Floyd not resisted arrest, Floyd would still be alive today.

Eric h

After reviewing all of the facts and evidence of the case, I can state with a high degree of medical certainty that George Floyd did not die from a primary cardiac event, and he did not die from a drug overdose," Rich testified.

The cardiologist said there was no evidence to suggest an overdose caused Floyd's death, even though a toxicology report showed the presence of the opiate fentanyl in his blood.

"Number 1, it appeared to me that Mr. Floyd, who was an acknowledged frequent chronic user of substances, particularly opiates, likely developed a high degree of tolerance," he said.

This suggest that drugs did not kill floyd. Neither you or I sat through the trial, we can only trust the judge and jury acted truthfully on the facts presented to them.

Arthur Brain

Got ya, you have never done much except talk.
That would apply to you in turn on here. I note that you still haven't addressed how it was seemingly all okay for Chauvin to kneel on a man's neck for nine minutes while he had no reason to, namely the fact that he had armed colleagues right there with him. The police aren't above the law themselves.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
That would apply to you in turn on here. I note that you still haven't addressed how it was seemingly all okay for Chauvin to kneel on a man's neck for nine minutes while he had no reason to, namely the fact that he had armed colleagues right there with him. The police aren't above the law themselves.
You weren’t there you have no clue. You are following the narrative and agenda of the left simple as that.

Arthur Brain

You weren’t there you have no clue. You are following the narrative and agenda of the left simple as that.
Neither were you unless you were part of the onlookers? Else, you once again fail to address how it was possibly justifiable for Chauvin to kneel on Floyd's neck for nine minutes where he posed no threat as he had colleagues who were armed right there with him at the scene.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
Neither were you unless you were part of the onlookers? Else, you once again fail to address how it was possibly justifiable for Chauvin to kneel on Floyd's neck for nine minutes where he posed no threat as he had colleagues who were armed right there with him at the scene.
Asked and answered several times.

Arthur Brain

Asked and answered several times.
You haven't answered this on point even the once. If Chauvin was by himself and had to use extreme restraining measures in order to protect himself and others from potential harm then a case can be made that subduing Floyd via kneeling on his neck could be justified in order to incapacitate until help arrived. That help was already there in the form of armed police at the scene however. So how were Chauvin's actions justifiable?