George Tillers Abortion Clinic Closed - for good.

fool

Hall of Fame
I hope violent acts like this don't end up in further protection for abortionists. You know, like more taxpayer money going to protecting them or even abortion protesters labeled as domestic terrorist groups like those evil Greenpeace folks.

One clinic is closed. Do we really think a woman seeking a late-term abortion will have trouble finding what she is looking for?

I thought Dr. Carhart's clinic was still shut down for repair after the fire.
So yes, women looking to kill their baby in the third trimester will be having trouble finding someone to do the job.

WizardofOz

I thought Dr. Carhart's clinic was still shut down for repair after the fire.
So yes, women looking to kill their baby in the third trimester will be having trouble finding someone to do the job.

PLGW mentioned a third.

Tiller's clinic closing will create a vacuum of sorts. I figure it will only be a short time before someone fills it. It's big business after all.

fool

Hall of Fame
Acquitted? I guess justice has double standards.

This was first degree intentional homicide. How despicable the man was should make no difference.

You have got to be kidding me.

Tiller killed 60,000 people.
He killed them the week before he died and he was gonna kill the week after he died, but he couldn't because he was dead.
This is justifiable homicide pure and simple.
Wouldn't that be a hoot huh? instead of justices legislating from the bench the people could legislate from the jury box, "sure abortion is legal, go right ahead, but if you get shot the perp is only gonna do 90 days so have fun with that"

fool

Hall of Fame
PLGW mentioned a third.

Tiller's clinic closing will create a vacuum of sorts. I figure it will only be a short time before someone fills it. It's big business after all.

Maybe not now that the job is a little more like stepping in front of a fireing squad.

WizardofOz

Maybe not now that the job is a little more like stepping in front of a fireing squad.

Your approval of this method is a slippery slope. The government is just waiting to label more groups as domestic terrorists. More acts like this and abortionists will be a protected group like homosexuals are now.

You'll win a battle and lose the war

fool

Hall of Fame
Your approval of this method is a slippery slope. The government is just waiting to label more groups as domestic terrorists. More acts like this and abortionists will be a protected group like homosexuals are now.

You'll win a battle and lose the war

Abortionists are a protected group already.
Didn't help in Tiller's case though :thumb:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The irony of all this is that George Tiller's killer will probably get the death penalty, will live on the goverment's dime in death row into his old age, and then will be granted the kind of painless, assisted death that a good share of suffering, terminally ill people could only dream of having. Life never ceases to be amusing, especially when it comes to death.

Let’s take that apart as two assumptions; one being the death penalty; second, the method of the depth penalty and the suffering of the terminally ill.

The question on the method of punishment is what we have chosen, if one took a poll about making the death penalty quicker, it would not be passed even by the electorate. We are stuck with what we have, this is not a state where one believed to have committed the fatal crime gets a bullet in the head. Although he can choose it if he runs at many police officers with a gun.

The second part, those suffering from terminal illness, I think you will see that change in the next few years. Some will never opt for assisted suicide for religious reasons, but I believe many will, once painful death is enviable. I heard it argued many ways from persons wanting to escape pain to believing greedy physicians mainly desire to take one life savings which could go to their children. It seems like the option will continue to grow, but many will not think it is right for a manifold of reasons, as many will think it right for manifold reasons.

Therefore, one we are going to have to live with, but the other is not so firm.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
prayinghands.gif
For Tiller's family. May they meet the Lord in the here and now, instead of too late.

WizardofOz

Just out of curiosity, would you use that same reasoning to justify voting for a candidate that compromises on the abortion position but may win, over one who is openly pro-abortion but a threat to win or one who is staunchly pro-life, but has no chance?

I could care less how viable a candidate is. I now only vote (and I always vote) for the candidate who most closely reflects my beliefs and values.

assuranceagent

I could care less how viable a candidate is. I now only vote (and I always vote) for the candidate who most closely reflects my beliefs and values.

Even if it means a potentially worse situation?

How is that any different from what fool is suggesting?

If you truly believe abortion is murder...

**btw, my little internal jury is still out on this one, I just think your reasoning above risks being inconsistent...

Granite

Hall of Fame
I hope violent acts like this don't end up in further protection for abortionists. You know, like more taxpayer money going to protecting them or even abortion protesters labeled as domestic terrorist groups like those evil Greenpeace folks.

One clinic is closed. Do we really think a woman seeking a late-term abortion will have trouble finding what she is looking for?

Yeah, actually, such women will have trouble...and considering that US Marshals are being used to protect clinics nationwide, I'd say this is already costing us money.

WizardofOz

Wiz...can I ask who you voted for in the presidential election?

Holy bait and switch batman! Just kidding, I must have quoted you before you changed it (I do that all the time).

I was and am a very strong supporter of Ron Paul. He wasn't on the ballot obviously but he endorsed Chuck Baldwin. I voted for Baldwin after reviewing his issues.

here is Baldwin on abortion. Some great quotes.....

Baldwin favors overturning Roe v. Wade, noting the Republican Party is "phony" on the issue. "They have done nothing to stop abortion on demand, even though they had the entire federal government for six years," he said. "We feel that now the Republican Party is probably on the last legs of its existence."

Republicans tout themselves as being "pro-life." Yet, the GOP controlled both houses of Congress and the White House for six years and did absolutely nothing to overturn Roe or end abortion-on-demand. Under my administration, we could end legal abortion in a matter of days, not decades. And if Congress refused to pass Ron Paul's bill, I would use the constitutional power of the Presidency to deny funds to protect abortion clinics. Either way, legalized abortion ends when I take office.

A strongly religious man, Baldwin emphasized his belief in the right of all to choose the religion of their choice. He made note of his friendship and admiration for Roman Catholic Alan Keyes during his acceptance speech, mentioning that he had welcomed his opponent for the nomination to speak to his Baptist congregation. Perhaps the strongest of Baldwin's issues is the matter of abortion. He emphasized support for Ron Paul's "Sanctity of Life Act" (H.R. 2597) that declares human life "shall be deemed to exist from conception" and bars the Supreme Court from ruling on the matter. Once legally defined as a person, insisted Baldwin, every infant in the womb would thereby be guaranteed the right to life--under the U.S. Constitution. He thundered, "If the Republican Party had been serious about life, it could have already ended legal abortion in America."

I am glad he beat Keyes for the Constitution Party nomination.

Baldwin on abortion

I hope Chrysostom watches this one.
Baldwin on Paul's Sanctity of Life Act

WizardofOz

Even if it means a potentially worse situation?

How so? I should vote for McCain just so Obama doesn't become president? That is just giving support to a flawed system. The two are really not different in any significant way. If you believe they are, then I think you've just been fooled into thinking so.

I've done it in the past and will not do it again. I am not going to settle with my vote. If less viable candidates get a larger percentage of the vote, politicians are going to look at why they are. What issues are they finding support on?

How is that any different from what fool is suggesting?

Legally voting for a presidential candidate vs. killing an abortion doctor? You'll have to clarify the stretch you're making. I am not seeing the connection.

If you truly believe abortion is murder...

Are you questioning my belief?

**btw, my little internal jury is still out on this one, I just think your reasoning above risks being inconsistent...
How is it inconsistent?

Don't fight evil with evil. Tiller was a murderer. He was murdered by a murderer. Anyone who see's Roeder as a hero endorses vigilantism. It's not a very viable long term strategy and will undoubtedly hurt the pro-life movement long term more than help it.

Please articulate your point, I am not getting it. :idunno:

WizardofOz

Yeah, actually, such women will have trouble...

You all may be right about that, but I feel it's only temporary. As long as it's legal, someone will offer the service.

I am not really a relativist on the issue anyway. First trimester, third trimester, it's still the same end result.:idunno:

and considering that US Marshals are being used to protect clinics nationwide, I'd say this is already costing us money.

And after the Roeder incident, it will only cost more and more.

koban

Abortion doctors and the women who seek them out - do they or do they not murder innocent and helpless babies?