ECT Get Off The Fence!

Cross Reference

See how the deception and spin works? He says Jesus died for all, then he only died for the righteous.

Jesus did NOT come to call the righteous to repentance. Why not??!

I]Romans 5

6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
[/I]

Christ died for the ungodly, not the Godly.

All were without reconciliation with God. Interpretation: Were "ungodly" as being "with God" because of the course of sin by Adam's transgression which prohibited them from ever entering into His Presence when they die. Jesus canceled out Adam's transgression by His death that only a sinless man could do. Jesus made PEACE with God in their behalf.

What you need is a good 101 course in the elementary teachings of the gospel while sitting at the feet of Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit and not be taken up by your laziness to learn by leaning on the commentaries of those steeped in unbelief. Personally though, I think you are content in your state.

<Your avatar says it all>

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who immediately benefited were the righteous, both dead and alive. They were set free from the curse of sin and death. They had already been justified by their faith in God and now peace was made in their behalf, by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. cf Rom 5:1.

Romans 5

6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

You say, but God says.....I like the contrast.

Cross Reference

Romans 5

You say, but God says.....I like the contrast.

Read my reply again___ for the first time!! Pay attention!

elohiym

There is much we agree on, but I'm trying to understand better how you view the efficacy of the cross, how it applies to every man to deal with his sin. One could see ideas the Lord Jesus taught as making atonement limited in some sense, just not in the sense of a cosmic lottery or unjust favoritism; atonement has to be available to all men.

I think we agree that before we are raised to life we are dead in sin. If that is true, why was I dead in sin if sin was dealt with at the cross almost 2000 years ago, especially if Jesus died for my personal sins in any sense? How do you explain that?

Are you asking why anyone born today has indwelling sin, if Jesus dies for all sin?

Pretty much.

All men are dead (even those born today) because of the sin of Adam. The death of Jesus for our sins, does not remove sin from the flesh. It simply gives opportunity for all men to receive His life and be separated (circumcised) from the flesh. Before we receive His life we are still separated from God (dead) and in the flesh. When we receive His life, we are now one spirit with Him and no longer in the flesh. If Jesus had not resolved the sin issue we would have no access to God. The Way to God is through Jesus, and only through Jesus. By believing the Gospel we are accepting His sacrifice for our sins.

Ask me more questions if I'm not covering the one you asked.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean by the "sin issue."

If the sin issue is that all men are born dead because of the sin of Adam, and men are still born dead nearly two-thousand years after the cross, then it might seem to some like he only solved the sin issue for those who are old and capable enough to comprehend what he did, be convinced and believe.

How does your explanation relate to the idea of a sacrifice to pay the penalty for your sins?

Cross Reference

If one has been justified by God, one already has peace with Him.

Think before you type.

Read for understanding before you think:

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ". Romans 5:1 (ESV)

Now, how was that peace made by Jesus Christ?

musterion

Read for understanding before you think:

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ". Romans 5:1 (ESV)

Now, how was that peace made by Jesus Christ?

Peace with God comes to all who trust Christ at the same time God justifies them. That's why it's also called reconciliation...no more enmity. You already denied the plain meaning of Scripture by denying Christ's I AM knocked the mob flat because you refuse to believe He is God in the flesh. So it's no surprise your stupidity extends as far as it does.

Cross Reference

Peace with God comes to all who trust Christ at the same time God justifies them. That's why it's also called reconciliation...no more enmity. You already denied the plain meaning of Scripture by denying Christ's I AM knocked the mob flat because you refuse to believe He is God in the flesh. So it's no surprise your stupidity extends as far as it does.

Get with the game, will ya?

musterion

You are refuted, punk. Take your game back to the playground where it belongs. Men are discussing the Word of God here.