ECT Get Off The Fence!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
MaxGrit, TOL is for dialog, not pasting the same thing over again.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Are you asking why anyone born today has indwelling sin, if Jesus dies for all sin?

Still not sure I understand your question.

All men are dead (even those born today) because of the sin of Adam. The death of Jesus for our sins, does not remove sin from the flesh. It simply gives opportunity for all men to receive His life and be separated (circumcised) from the flesh. Before we receive His life we are still separated from God (dead) and in the flesh. When we receive His life, we are now one spirit with Him and no longer in the flesh. If Jesus had not resolved the sin issue we would have no access to God. The Way to God is through Jesus, and only through Jesus. By believing the Gospel we are accepting His sacrifice for our sins.

Ask me more questions if I'm not covering the one you asked.

The death of Jesus Christ on the cross purchased once and for all, everlasting life for His people. He became their spiritual Surety and Guarantee of everlasting life.

You are reducing the efficacy of Christ's work of redemption, to be just a "possibility" or "opportunity" for sinners to be saved, which is still contingent upon their actions (works, versus His divine works of grace).

Reformers teach the righteous works of Jesus Christ were sinless, perfect, and complete . . . 100% efficacious to save His people from their sins.

MaxGrit

Matthew 11:27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Matthew 20:23 He said to them, “You will drink my cup, but to sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.

Matthew 25:34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 15:13 He answered, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up."

Mark 8:38 "For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."

Luke 22:42 “Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.”

Matthew 20:28 "even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Doom

The death of Jesus Christ on the cross purchased once and for all, everlasting life for His people. He became their spiritual Surety and Guarantee of everlasting life.

You are reducing the efficacy of Christ's work of redemption, to be just a "possibility" or "opportunity" for sinners to be saved, which is still contingent upon their actions (works, versus His divine works of grace).

Reformers teach the righteous works of Jesus Christ were sinless, perfect, and complete . . . 100% efficacious to save His people from their sins.
It is 100% efficacious for those who hear and believe the gospel. That's why men preach it. :duh:

We are never going to agree as long as you continue to spread the false gospel that Jesus only died for some men and some sin.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It is 100% efficacious for those who hear and believe the gospel.

That is conditional grace, which I believe is false teaching.

How can Godly grace be saving grace, if it is contingent upon human actions or works?

MaxGrit

Why are you ashamed of God's Word? I teach using scripture.

Is scripture alone not worthy of your consideration? You reject God's word?

I bolded all the important parts that you need to pay attention to. It prove that ALL doesn't mean everyone ever living, but the elect.

You want some exegesis?

Matthew 20:28 "even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

to give his life as a ransom for many.

All the elect is many.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why are you ashamed of God's Word? Do you hate it whenever I teach using scripture?

Is scripture alone not worthy of your consideration?

Not me! I love all presentation of Scripture, that comes without private interpretation and personal commentary!

Sola Scriptura!

Doom

That is conditional grace, which I believe is false teaching.

How can Godly grace be saving grace, if it is contingent upon human actions or works?
Abraham believed God, after God told him about the promise.

You make things up to fit into your box, but they are not Biblical.

I've grown weary of your stupidity and anti-Christ message. You're still a pig wallowing in deception, and deceiving others.

Doom

Why are you ashamed of God's Word?
We're not, it's just that you're an idiot.
Do you hate it whenever I teach using scripture?
You are not teaching abything, you are just doing word searches and then cutting and pasting the results. You are waste of time and a troll.

Is scripture alone not worthy of your consideration?
It is when it is used in context and in relation to a conversation.
You want my word and reject God's word?
Go straight to hell, and take your pig with you.

MaxGrit

Not me! I love all presentation of Scripture, that comes without private interpretation and personal commentary!

Sola Scriptura!

LoL, for you yes. However, I forgot it doesn't have meaning to those who are perishing. Whoops.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
why was I dead in sin if sin was dealt with at the cross almost 2000 years ago, especially if Jesus died for my personal sins in any sense? How do you explain that?

Most choose to reject his offer of reconciliation.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

All the elect is many.

This isn't even about the Body of Christ, but about Israel and gentile proselytes.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Why are you ashamed of God's Word? I teach using scripture.

Is scripture alone not worthy of your consideration? You reject God's word?

I bolded all the important parts that you need to pay attention to. It prove that ALL doesn't mean everyone ever living, but the elect.

You want some exegesis?

All the elect is many.
You fail to rightly divide the word of truth. At some point the man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all to be testified in due time! Paul was that due time testifier!

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 Timothy 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

heir

TOL Subscriber
LoL, for you yes. However, I forgot it doesn't have meaning to those who are perishing. Whoops.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
You're "being saved"? That's too bad. Those who have trusted the Lord believing the gospel of Christ are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

MaxGrit

Letter writer included himself using the us. Who are the us? All the elect, who are being saved. The us include saints who are already saved and saints who will be saved.

heir

TOL Subscriber

Letter writer included himself using the us. Who are the us? All the elect, who are being saved. The us include saints who are already saved and saints who will be saved.
This is what it says.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Paul clearly preached and believed (as do I) that we "are saved" (1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV, 2 Corinthians 2:15 KJV, Ephesians 2:5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8 KJV)
by the gospel of Christ (the preaching of the cross 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) which is "the power of God" unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16-17 KJV although no longer to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but all men Titus 2:11 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV).

It's God will that all men be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. The man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all to be testified in due time (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). To not recognize this is a failure or flat out refusal to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV and is an attempt to diminish what God accomplished when God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV).

Nang

TOL Subscriber
This is how I have thought of this passage as well.

Me too.

We were justified once and for all by Christ on His cross, but our sanctification and conversion to His image is ongoing until the final day when He returns. Hebrews 9:28

Cross Reference

In the context it seems that Paul is appealing to and exhorting the brethren to be assured of their calling in Christ, and not be caught up in divisions and quarrels.

The following passages may it clear that we are to follow Christ, alone and not divide our allegiance. I do not believe the Trinity tells us to divide the Word either.

Sound familiar, my friend?

I don't believe my pointing out the "process" violates anything you have understood from the context, do you?

Have a good day by the way. I may drop off quickly.
CB

Likewise, thank you . :)