ECT Get Off The Fence!

Cross Reference

Me too.

We were justified once and for all by Christ on His cross, but our sanctification and conversion to His image is ongoing until the final day when He returns. Hebrews 9:28

Though God might see us justified, we are nevertheless, being justified freely by His grace which is an ongoing process Jesus provided through redemption; His "abiding" indwelling Life. Our ongoing responsibility, as ones who possess the new birth, is to learn how to and ultimately, "abide" in Him unto John 17:3.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Though God might see us justified, we are nevertheless, being justified freely by His grace which is an ongoing process Jesus provided through redemption; His "abiding" indwelling Life. Our ongoing responsibility, as ones who possess the new birth, is to learn how to and ultimately, "abide" in Him unto John 17:3.

I do not disagree although Justification and Sanctification are distinct doctrines that should not be confused with each other, to avoid error when evaluating the Christian walk.

Cross Reference

I do not disagree although Justification and Sanctification are distinct doctrines that should not be confused with each other, to avoid error when evaluating the Christian walk.

Be assured, I have taken all of that into account which has only caused me to believe as I do, i.e., man has a responsibility to mature in faith for both parts of the same "doctrine" to be made effective to a righteous conclusion.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 12

32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.”

Romans 10

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 12

3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
Ephesians 1

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why are you ashamed of God's Word? I teach using scripture.

Is scripture alone not worthy of your consideration? You reject God's word?

I bolded all the important parts that you need to pay attention to. It prove that ALL doesn't mean everyone ever living, but the elect.

You want some exegesis?

Matthew 20:28 "even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

to give his life as a ransom for many.

All the elect is many.

Scripture is fine. Just don't keep making the same posts over again. People start ignoring your posts when you make the identical posts over again.

It is preferred when you dialog with people instead of just pasting.

elohiym

elohiym said:
why was I dead in sin if sin was dealt with at the cross almost 2000 years ago, especially if Jesus died for my personal sins in any sense? How do you explain that?
Most choose to reject his offer of reconciliation.

Implying He deals with your personal sin when you make the right choices. Really, is that how you think it works?

musterion

Just trying to lighten the place up a little after all the carnage and slaughter today. Necessary c&s.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Me too.

We were justified once and for all by Christ on His cross, but our sanctification and conversion to His image is ongoing until the final day when He returns. Hebrews 9:28

I agree.

Those not in the process are not the sons of God. Heb.ch 12.

The resurrection will complete it, but the word becoming the flesh in us as living epistles, determines our success here and our reward after.

MADists do not care, they claim it is all completed at conversion, and thereafter remain babes full of pride and arrogance.

Poor souls.

LA

Cross Reference

I understand it the way Nang wrote it. We are justified once, immediately and forever. Sanctification is the process, if you want to call it that, wherein the Holy Spirit guides, admonishes, exhorts, encourages His child, throughout their lives. We are never left alone. We are taught how to abide and are smart to obey.

Ah, but one is left alone, obedience is never coerced, for the purpose of being proven faithful; the test of our allegiance to God.

That was the way God needed it to be from the beginning. How else could man be acceptable to God. That is the only way. That is the reason for man's freewill.

cf Adam, Cain and Abel, Abraham, David, ____ and especially Jesus, to name but a few. They were all left completely without the manifest presence in their lives at one time or another and allowed to be tempted by the devil. Read Luke 4:1-14.

With Jesus, it was only after He was proven that the angels came and ministered to Him. Matt 4:11.

Cross Reference

I understand it the way Nang wrote it. We are justified once, immediately and forever. Sanctification is the process, if you want to call it that, wherein the Holy Spirit guides, admonishes, exhorts, encourages His child, throughout their lives. We are never left alone. We are taught how to abide and are smart to obey.

Jesus died "once" as in "one time" and will never hang on a cross to die again. When He did it, He did for everyone meaning, He did it for "all", all people alive, dead and those yet to be born. Who immediately benefited were the righteous, both dead and alive. They were set free from the curse of sin and death. They had already been justified by their faith in God and now peace was made in their behalf, by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. cf Rom 5:1.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus died "once" as in "one time" and will never hang on a cross to die again. When He did it, He did for everyone meaning, He did it for "all", all people alive, dead and those yet to be born. Who immediately benefited were the righteous, both dead and alive. They were set free from the curse of sin and death. They had already been justified by their faith in God and now peace was made in their behalf, by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. cf Rom 5:1.

See how the deception and spin works? He says Jesus died for all, then he only died for the righteous.

Romans 5

6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Christ died for the ungodly, not the Godly.