Giving Leftists too much benefit of the doubt

musterion

A good article, but only as description.

http://www.scifiwright.com/2015/12/point-deer-make-horse

One might ask: how many people will the Muslims have to shoot before the Left realizes that the Muslim doctrines telling them God wants them to shoot people is the source of the problem, and not the lack of a government-enforced static global climate system? How long until they wake up?
. . .

How long until the Left wake up? The answer is: NEVER.

The Left will never wake up to reality for precisely the reason that Leftism is a mental system of excuses and psychological tricks and traps meant to allow the Leftist to escape from reality.

That is what all their rigmarole, jabberwocky, lies and evasions, all their complex obfuscations, and penning endless tomes of endless nonsense from Marx to Keynes to Al Gore, all their riots, marches, protests, sit-ins, think-tanks, media moguls, money laundering, awards shows, convulsions, antics, stunts, clamor, libel, slander, and cacophony is for: Reality avoidance.

That is all that it is for.
I think he gives them too much benefit of the doubt here. True, there are hapless, mindless leftist drones who live for the State to take care of them and tell them how to live life, who like toddlers cannot stand to be contradicted on even negligible points. We have a few of these here on TOL.

But as time goes on, I see more and more otherwise intelligent, informed leftists who DO acknowledge (if only tacitly) things as they are and DO (if only for argument's sake) see where everything is leading, but don't have a problem with it because they make it clear that's what they want to happen. These seem more heavily represented on TOL these days, and there's no doubt that a few don't stick around here for the conversation. They're part of the agenda. Which ones? Watch when and how they post and decide for yourself.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt on TOL a long time ago. Perverting the straight ways of the Lord is their goal.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt on TOL a long time ago. Perverting the straight ways of the Lord is their goal.

Too busy wading in their blood? Psalm 68:23

(If only that verse was in the Koran...... :shocked: )

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
asked in the OP:

how many people will the Muslims have to shoot before the Left realizes that the Muslim doctrines telling them God wants them to shoot people is the source of the problem, and not the lack of a government-enforced static global climate system?

answered:
Spoiler
263E2E5600000578-2975606-The_formula_written_on_Homer_s_blackboard_above_is_said_to_predi-a-14_1425299801754.jpg

glorydaz

A good article, but only as description.

http://www.scifiwright.com/2015/12/point-deer-make-horse

I think he gives them too much benefit of the doubt here. True, there are hapless, mindless leftist drones who live for the State to take care of them and tell them how to live life, who like toddlers cannot stand to be contradicted on even negligible points. We have a few of these here on TOL.

But as time goes on, I see more and more otherwise intelligent, informed leftists who DO acknowledge (if only tacitly) things as they are and DO (if only for argument's sake) see where everything is leading, but don't have a problem with it because they make it clear that's what they want to happen. These seem more heavily represented on TOL these days, and there's no doubt that a few don't stick around here for the conversation. They're part of the agenda. Which ones? Watch when and how they post and decide for yourself.

The model, of course, is Obama. People try to say he's just out of touch.....unrealistic....being foolish. The man sat in Rev. Wright's church for over 20 years....20 years of "God.... America". 20 years of Black Panther hate. The man's sympathies are with Islam. He said in Cairo (2009) that he would "never" declare war on ISIS. Now, he's changed his rhetoric....not because he is at war with ISIS, which he certainly isn't, but to cover his tracks....just like the terrorists are being told to "blend in". It's time people in this country take a stand and speak up (past time), and those too ignorant to do so need to be confronted at every turn. I do think when these "hapless" libs start getting hit close to home they'll come to their senses. They'll be useless, no doubt, needing to be taken care of by those who have seen this coming. Lord help us all.

rexlunae

Yeah, that's always been the problem. Too much serious engagement with the people you disagree with. Yup. Sure.

Lon

Too busy wading in their blood? Psalm 68:23

(If only that verse was in the Koran...... :shocked: )
A little selective quote mining from atheist websites I see. It doesn't say Jews kill those nor command it. So you are off-the-wall on both points: 1) I'm not Jewish that I'd fight a physical war and this isn't about that anyway and 2) It isn't about killing :nono: You are the one that advocates doctors wading through fetal blood. NOBODY else on TOL advocates that. You do.

quip

BANNED
Banned
A little selective quote mining from atheist websites I see. It doesn't say Jews kill those nor command it. So you are off-the-wall on both points: 1) I'm not Jewish that I'd fight a physical war and this isn't about that anyway and 2) It isn't about killing :nono: You are the one that advocates doctors wading through fetal blood. NOBODY else on TOL advocates that. You do.

Must have hit a nerve....or rather a vein, so to speak. Psalm 68:21

So Lon, is the Bible the inerrant word of God or not?

glorydaz

Hi Glorydaz

Hey there, brother. It's been a long day...windy and rainy. I was afraid we might lose power because some of the wind gusts got pretty wild. You probably had similar stuff up there. I have my kerosene lamps filled up and ready, though, just in case. Anyway, have a good evening. I'm off to bed. :)

Lon

Must have hit a nerve....or rather a vein, so to speak. Psalm 68:21
Again, selective quote mining for words that have no meaning for what you are trying to convey. This particular is messianic but you really aren't understanding, but more importantly and worse, not caring to understand what you are quoting. You are that guy that just throws wild unfounded punches because of your hate/fear (see your own sig).

So Lon, is the Bible the inerrant word of God or not?
Yes. Do you understand it? No. Do you 'care' to? No. Done, no? You are the one taking the cheap shots. I'm merely holding up a mirror. You think that is 'hitting a nerve?' :idunno: You have a lot of your own issues. Again, try to objectively understand your 'reason' for your sig and feeling a need to post it on a Christian forum. It mostly tells me you are frustrated living in a Christian environment but your rejection doesn't really care enough to actually read the verses for context and understanding. You don't care that this Psalm is a messianic reference. You didn't get it for that purpose. It said blood and you jumped. Sad. Says way more about your hang-ups and has little to do with me or my faith. You found this verse, ripped it violently out of context, and used it for 'your' own purposes, regardless of what it was actually there in the text to convey.

Conversely, I've actually read Buddhist ideologies, sayings, and other literature and 1) don't quote-mine it for abuse, 2) can embrace what is echoed in Christianity and 3) actually know what I disagree with, in context, without mindless attacks on Buddhism. In fact, I'm not on a Buddhist board making a stink, that's you, on a Christian board. You could use a bit of time on introspection. You are not honest with yourself, let alone others.

No more than Christians...perhaps even a tad less.

So "Yes." Gotcha.

I tend to assess people on a person-to-person level.
And this is why I quoted you, though not addressed to me. You are lying to yourself. Your Houseman quote and quote-mining for 'your' context is against people groups.

Since we're sharing....how about you? Something against the OT?
Other than I don't go and do likewise? :nono: --> Wise as serpents, gentle as doves. That doesn't mean that a Christian can't protect his home, though.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Again, selective quote mining for words that have no meaning for what you are trying to convey. This particular is messianic but you really aren't understanding, but more importantly and worse, not caring to understand what you are quoting. You are that guy that just throws wild unfounded punches because of your hate/fear (see your own sig).

Quite right Lon! You religious types are quite adroit. I swing wildly to no avail....you seem quite adept at dodging, weaving, circumventing, lecturing and what not. It can be nothing short of divine intervention...yes? :box:

Yes. Do you understand it? No. Do you 'care' to? No. Done, no? You are the one taking the cheap shots. I'm merely holding up a mirror. You think that is 'hitting a nerve?' :idunno: You have a lot of your own issues. Again, try to objectively understand your 'reason' for your sig and feeling a need to post it on a Christian forum. It mostly tells me you are frustrated living in a Christian environment but your rejection doesn't really care enough to actually read the verses for context and understanding. You don't care that this Psalm is a messianic reference. You didn't get it for that purpose. It said blood and you jumped. Sad. Says way more about your hang-ups and has little to do with me or my faith. You found this verse, ripped it violently out of context, and used it for 'your' own purposes, regardless of what it was actually there in the text to convey.

Was it you who claimed that non-believers are simply incapable of understanding God's word....though that begs the question of exactly how you came about this sublime fact. Divine osmosis, perhaps?

Anyway, interpretations of the bible come cheaply by the dozen. Mine's no more/less acceptable than anyone else's...though you're quite free to disagree. Self-serving Christians have a tendency towards such attitudes.

Have a blessed day nonetheless Lon....for whatever it's worth. :devil:

Lon

Quite right Lon! You religious types are quite adroit. I swing wildly to no avail....you seem quite adept at dodging, weaving, circumventing, lecturing and what not. It can be nothing short of divine intervention...yes? :box:
It is acting out and attention getting. 1) I think I know more about Buddhism than you do about Christianity. 2) I am nowhere near as reactionary against it that I need to be on a Buddhist board swinging wildly.

Was it you who claimed that non-believers are simply incapable of understanding God's word....though that begs the question of exactly how you came about this sublime fact. Divine osmosis, perhaps?

On this, it doesn't matter because you don't care anyway. I've got excellent answers to the questions and am knowledgeable enough to field the question but you are already tuning me out because it wasn't a sincere question. This was all sarcasm on your part.

Anyway, interpretations of the bible come cheaply by the dozen. Mine's no more/less acceptable than anyone else's...though you're quite free to disagree. Self-serving Christians have a tendency towards such attitudes.
Well, of course, if you bought the cheap course. I went the expensive route. You get what you pay for. Don't cry about sub-par education when your prefer it. You do need binoculars in the cheap seats.

Have a blessed day nonetheless Lon....for whatever it's worth. :devil:
What is it worth? I have no idea what you mean by it, especially with the dancing devil icon after it.