God bless Rand Paul!! He says No exception for rape/incest!!!

republicanchick

God bless Rand Paul.. no exception for rape/incest!!!

Yeh, I just found out he is 100% pro life.

he introduced a bill, S.583, into the Senate. Titled the “Life at Conception Act,” the legislation, sometimes called “fetal personhood,” would define a person as a fertilized egg and, according to a press release from Paul’s office, “would implement equal protection under the 14th Amendment for the right to life of each born and unborn human.”

Paul was adamant that the proposal would not “amend or interpret the Constitution” but would instead rely “on the 14th Amendment, which specifically authorizes Congress to enforce its provisions.”

Now I have 6 candidates on my OK to Vote For List

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/19/just-what-is-rand-paul-saying-about-abortion.html

+

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
So you and Rand Paul think that an 11 year old girl who has been raped by her stepfather and is pregnant should be forced to bear the child, even though pregnancy at this early age is extremely dangerous for a little girl and could kill her .
How very "Christian " of him . A child who is born of incest is at great risk of severe genetic problems which could cause agonizing physical deformities and other medical problems .
This isn't "pro-life". It's just plain BARBARIC ! Something exactly like this just happened in a south American country where there are no exceptions for rape and incest . This is only one of many reasons why I would never vote for Rand Paul or any of the GOP candidates .

WizardofOz

By defining life as beginning with the fertilization of an egg, Paul’s bill would cleverly nullify Roe v. Wade, circumventing the Supreme Court, to leave the issue of abortion in state hands.

:thumb: Genius legislation and political maneuver

WizardofOz

So you and Rand Paul think that an 11 year old girl who has been raped by her stepfather and is pregnant should be forced to bear the child, even though pregnancy at this early age is extremely dangerous for a little girl and could kill her .
Paraguayan 11-year-old gives birth after pregnancy sparked abortion debate

Is this what you're referring to? Guess what, neither the girl nor her daughter experienced health complications during delivery.

So, the girl and the baby are perfectly healthy. Should she have aborted?

How very "Christian " of him .

What does Christianity have to do with anything? :idunno:
He does reference his medical background when discussing the topic rather than bible verses.

A child who is born of incest is at great risk of severe genetic problems which could cause agonizing physical deformities and other medical problems .

So does Surviving an abortion
Jessen weighed 2 lbs at birth, and she was born with cerebral palsy, a non-progressive, non-contagious motor condition that affects various areas of body movement. Jessen spent three months in the hospital before being placed in foster care. She was adopted at the age of four.

Often they are left to die.

This isn't "pro-life". It's just plain BARBARIC !

I worked the 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. shift, and when we weren’t busy, I’d go out to help with the newborns. One night I saw a bassinet outside the nursery. There was a baby in this bassinet – a crying, perfectly formed baby – but there was a difference in this child. She had been scalded. She was the child of a saline abortion.

This little girl looked as if she had been put in a pot of boiling water. No doctor, no nurse, no parent, to comfort this hurt, burned child. She was left alone to die in pain. They wouldn’t let her in the nursery – they didn’t even bother to cover her.

BARBARIC! Indeed :think:

This is only one of many reasons why I would never vote for Rand Paul or any of the GOP candidates .

I'm sure you will disclose your candidate of choice when the time comes, right?

kiwimacahau

he introduced a bill, S.583, into the Senate. Titled the “Life at Conception Act,” the legislation, sometimes called “fetal personhood,” would define a person as a fertilized egg and, according to a press release from Paul’s office, “would implement equal protection under the 14th Amendment for the right to life of each born and unborn human.”

Paul was adamant that the proposal would not “amend or interpret the Constitution” but would instead rely “on the 14th Amendment, which specifically authorizes Congress to enforce its provisions.”

Now I have 6 candidates on my OK to Vote For List

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/19/just-what-is-rand-paul-saying-about-abortion.html

+

Then he is an idiot. Especially given that fully 50% of fertilised eggs do not implant at all in the vaginal wall but are simply expelled from the woman's body.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Did you read the whole article? A little past that it noted that since that 2013 attempt,

"Paul has made statements that have made it difficult to understand what, exactly, he believes."

Shortly after the bill’s unveiling, CNN’s Wolf Blitzer asked Paul if there would be exceptions for rape, incest, or when the life of the mother is at risk. Paul replied, “What I would say is that there are thousands of exceptions. I’m a physician, and every individual case is going to be different…Everything is going to be particular to that individual case and what is going on [with] that mother and the medical circumstances of that mother…I don’t think it’s as simple as checking a box saying, ‘Exceptions’ or ‘No exceptions.’”​

Not exactly a ringing "no exceptions" is it.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Then he is an idiot. Especially given that fully 50% of fertilised eggs do not implant at all in the vaginal wall but are simply expelled from the woman's body.
:doh:
Which has nothing to do with the topic

What thread are you reading? The one I'm reading claims fertilised human eggs are persons...or at least 50% of them.

What of the unfortunate .50......do they each get a 21 gun salute?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

(republicanchick's candidate of the day is...)

Please don't disrespect God by putting His and that filthy Libertarian Rand Paul's name in the same sentence.

Regarding Paul Jr.'s supposed pro life stance:

Rand Paul Makes Libertarian Case For Abortion Rights Less Than A Week After Sponsoring Personhood Bill
http://www.ibtimes.com/rand-paul-ma...week-after-sponsoring-personhood-bill-1139541

That's the problem with being a godless Libertarian: your morals change from day to day (for politicians, depending on which vote you're going after).

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Wizard of Oz, this little girl was just plain lucky . It's true - it's very
risky for a prepubescent girl to deliver a baby . A child this young does not have a body that is properly developed for childbirth .
Her hips have not broadened yet, which is what happens in adolescence , and this makes childbirth very dangerous. If they had not performed a C-section on her, she and the baby could have died .
Forcing a child to bear a child is just plain barbaric . I stand by my words .