God wants YOU to prosper

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God will for man has never changed since the day He created him and placed him in the Garden of great beauty and abundance and told the man and his wife "go and multiply, subdue....prosper, have dominion"

Poverty came upon mankind when he was thrust out of that garden because of sin. Poverty is a curse, and Jesus came to redeem us from the curse.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You have to BELIEVE, just like you have to believe that He has redeemed us from our sins...then we learn to live this new lifestyle of righteousness.

The devil lost that argument, everybody knows that Christ has redeemed us from our sins. But people do not know that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, they have not yet learned that He came as Good Shepherd to lead us in and lead us out to good pasture

What more could a sheep desire from it's Shepherd?

The Lord is MY Shepherd I shall not want
He maketh me lie down in green pastures, He leadeth me beside still waters
He restoreth my soul, leads me in righteous paths

....prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies

Lon

Yes, yes blasé [yawn] such talk is such a bore for such a spiritual person as yourself...floating on a cloud as you do. You speak about healing in the same vain and then complain that you are sick:)
:nono: I'm looking for a city Whose Designer and Builder is God. Different inheritances. Again, Matthew 6:24-34 is, for me, straight-forward direction (and again, despite disagreement, this post given just to give my rationale, not argue the point).

By the way, someone will say I am heated and my answers are unkind...I assure you I am not...I am answering you in kind, in fact this discussion is the discussion the evangelicals and the Pentecostals have been having these last 100 years.
Agree, and I've discussed the same with prosperity gospel preaching. Honestly, in the US and much of Europe, there is no poverty and we all are prosperous financially and in health. It is for me, a moot point and out-of-balance. Every thing you'd claim is to me, over-the-top and excess to the gathering of goods and building more silos. Luke 12:16-20ff

It is where the contention is at. And underlying it all is our respective views on the millennium. It goes to the very heart and core of what the gospel is all about. The good news about the kingdom of God.
Replacement Theology must/necessarily spin as health/wealth/prosperity in Charismatic/Pentecostal churches. I understand that. For you, it is the heart of your understanding. For me, it will always be a secondary consideration. Philippians 4:12 is my memory verse.

You are still my brother and I love you.
Ditto

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
My dear Lon I doesn't WANT your rationale, it is your rationale which gets right up my nose.

I want the word of the living God, you do not have the right to decide [for we know that you are wiser than God in these matters] what are the primary and what are the secondary considerations. "that ye may know that the Son of man hath power to forgive sins He saith to the sick of the palsy arise take up thy bed and walk"

Which is easier to say? that is your true position, all the rest is high falutin flummery, it EASY for you to stand up there and waffle on about the forgiveness of sins, we can all do that and we do.

But no proof is required, no demonstration, people may strain their necks but they will be none the wiser as to whether any forgiveness has taken place, we who work and walk with the Lord do recognise the signs but there is no outward demonstration.

But Paul did not come with high sounding words [pretty sermons] he came in the POWER and DEMONSTRATION of the Holy Ghost....if you talk about healing and with miraculous help from the Lord for any who are in need and deliverance, that requires more than words, that requires power.

The people did not follow Jesus because He was a very ice chap, they followed Him because they saw the signs that He did on those who were sick.

Grrr when you say "oh yes we in Europe and the US are already prosperous so that it is really a moot subject
not worthy of consideration

Where the blue Dickens do you think all that prosperity came from. THAT is exactly why I said Americans who have so much but who seems to know so little, it wasn't an anti American statement. It is the same in Europe.

That wealth and prosperity comes on account of the gospel

You think it is politicians and entrepreneurship yes your own hard work and brains etc etc listen let the foolish think that, let the worldlings think that but between you and me we ought to know that that wealth and prosperity came from the Lord on account of the gospel.

Don't you think the Indians can be just as smart? just as hard working? or the Africans? you ought to take a good look at the map of modern Africa and SEE which are the nations of Africa which are beginning to prosper and which are still crawling in the dust, you'll get a surprise, it is the nations who have embraced the gospel, where the church is strong.

Ah me when I read Hosea I see how displeased God was that the people prospered but gave no thanks for that prosperity to God, God said "I'm gunna take it away"

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I do not buy into Replacement theology, I can't argue for other Pentecostalists. The gospel Paul preached is quite clear. We have been graffed into their vine, are made fellow citizens of their commonWEALTH, co-heirs and partakers of their covenant of promises.

ALL the promises God ever made to the Jews belong to US through Jesus Christ without us having to obey the law of commands....the promises of obedience to the law without having to obey the law

You can read in Leviticus 28 what all those promises are, you can read what the curse is for disobedience is in the same chapter but WE says Paul are redeemed from the curse of the law by Christ.

Those promises to which we are co-heirs and partakers certainly include health and wealth.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Now Lon says to me he doesn't want to follow the Lord for loaves and fishes

[he is so spiritual]

...you'll faint on the way my brother, or else you will stop short of following Him all the way into the wilderness

One of those most MIS-quotes of the bible

Jesus answered them "verily, verily I say unto Lon, ye seek Me not because you saw miracles but because ye did eat of the loaves and were filled"

[He was upbraiding them for not seeking Him for miracles]

Labour not for the meat which perisheth [the bread] but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life [the supernatural power of God] which the Son of man shall give you.

God's Truth

I know it will offend you, God's word always come with much offence.

When we say to the sinnerman "sinnerman be righteous" he takes great offence at us, so also when we say "sickman arise and be well" it will kindle anger. So also when we find the beggar sat in his stink and say "beggarman gird yourself to sit among princes" great offence is caused.

mericans are offended, who have so much and seems to know so little.

Yes FIRST we must attend to our spiritual condition, "seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness" that's the rule but then "ALL these things shall be added unto YOU"

"Things"

God has sent forth His great Apostle Paul to teach us and lead us into the way of prosperity, he sets forth God's plan in his epistles.

You are offended by God's Truth.