Got some great news from my daughter!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
About a week ago, my daughter asked me if she could move in with me on October 1 for about a month (she offered to pay me rent) because her lease expired and she was going to try to get an apartment with my nephew. Then, two days ago, she told me that she wasn't going to move in with my nephew. So, she would need to stay with me through the winter.

Well, today, when I took her to get a load of her stuff from her apartment, her landlord asked her to come speak to them. She went in to talk to them and came out about fifteen minutes later. She looked like she was in shock. I asked what happened, she told me that her landlord told her that they would have an open one bedroom apartment ready for her in two weeks. :banana: Needless to say, I am thrilled. I love my daughter, but at the same time, I'd like to have some alone time when my nephew and his girlfriend get an apartment. My daughter's 25 (26 in January) and my nephew just turned 24 in June. They both need to start taking care of themselves.

It will be nice being alone for the first time in three years (my nephew moved in with me about 3 year ago).

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And, I just had a talk with my nephew and his girlfriend. I told them that I want my house back to myself. So, they have until his payday after the first (the fifth) to get an apartment. I also told them that I'm not buying anymore groceries except for milk, eggs, and bread until next month. I just bought 15 lbs of hamburger. So, we've got plenty of meat in my freezer. And, my pantry is fairly well-stocked. Once everyone but me is out of the house, I'm going to buy a side of pork and split a 1/4 side of beef with my neighbor. I'm looking forward to being able to freeze leftovers again for later meals.

glorydaz

And, I just had a talk with my nephew and his girlfriend. I told them that I want my house back to myself. So, they have until his payday after the first (the fifth) to get an apartment. I also told them that I'm not buying anymore groceries except for milk, eggs, and bread until next month. I just bought 15 lbs of hamburger. So, we've got plenty of meat in my freezer. And, my pantry is fairly well-stocked. Once everyone but me is out of the house, I'm going to buy a side of pork and split a 1/4 side of beef with my neighbor. I'm looking forward to being able to freeze leftovers again for later meals.

It makes a huge difference on the food budget, to say nothing of the mess that usually gets left behind. The peace and quiet is what I like the best after I've had people living with me. You don't realize how calming the quiet can be until you get it back. :)

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It makes a huge difference on the food budget, to say nothing of the mess that usually gets left behind. The peace and quiet is what I like the best after I've had people living with me. You don't realize how calming the quiet can be until you get it back. :)

About the time my daughter moved into her first apartment, after coming back from Virginia, is when Chris moved in with me. Last December, he went to Delaware for a job interview and when he came back he brought Amber. So, I haven't had my house to myself yet.