Grandstand discussion: "Ghost's Views on The Nature of Christ"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
This is what I've been saying all along.

Yes, there have been a time or two that I have gotten sucked into those tactics.

Look, I don't care what the issue is....there's a proper way to go about and an improper way. Ghost was a case study in gome home and do it again.

There's a thing called speaking the truth in love. That's what Jesus did. Just because Jesus went off on the Pharisee's does not give any follower of Christ an excuse to level both barrels and blast away at the people for whom Christ died. Jesus pointed out the hypocrisy of the pharisees.

If you have the truth, you speak the truth in love. The truth will speak to those who love the truth.

If you try to tell me that the cube root of nine is three, I will politely tell you that you are incorrect, and show you the proof.

That's the way you do it. You don't start cursing everyone on TOL, and your opponents' family. Sheez. Even old school mobsters had more respect for people than that.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I disagree with AMR on any number of things. I don't support the Calvinist view on any number of points that distinguish it, but I have never known him to lie and dislike the easy way in which so many use the term. Men can differ. Men can believe and address a difference and still see it differently.

AMR's position in relation to ghost is his to make and ghost's to counter, as was their agreement. This came as no surprise to either party and both entered into the discourse with their eyes open.

Now I have had my character attacked on more than one occasion. ASCon did it with regularity and I responded without forgetting my responsibility as a member of the Body of Christ to conduct myself within the bounds of decency. Foul language has no place in the mouth of a Christian, especially in the mouth of one defending a particular understanding of the faith. And no, neither does a lie, but a lie in theological circles seems to me to frequently be a matter of investment in a particular context. An absolute misstatement of fact can be set out for all to see and the damage of attempting to perpetrate a fraud will do more against the utterer than it ever did against the unjustly accused.

:e4e:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I disagree with AMR on any number of things. I don't support the Calvinist view on any number of points that distinguish it, but I have never known him to lie and dislike the easy way in which so many use the term. Men can differ. Men can believe and address a difference and still see it differently.

AMR's position in relation to ghost is his to make and ghost's to counter, as was their agreement. This came as no surprise to either party and both entered into the discourse with their eyes open.

Now I have had my character attacked on more than one occasion. ASCon did it with regularity and I responded without forgetting my responsibility as a member of the Body of Christ to conduct myself within the bounds of decency. Foul language has no place in the mouth of a Christian, especially in the mouth of one defending a particular understanding of the faith. And no, neither does a lie, but a lie in theological circles seems to me to frequently be a matter of investment in a particular context. An absolute misstatement of fact can be set out for all to see and the damage of attempting to perpetrate a fraud will do more against the utterer than it ever did against the unjustly accused.

:e4e:

Well put TH...:thumb:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've been really busy and haven't had time to read or follow the One on One. But, I guess it's pretty clear who won that one. I disagree with AMR on the topic and tend to think ghost is pretty spot on (on the topic) but clearly ghost lost this one is grand fashion.

Another blow to the cause. :(

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I've been really busy and haven't had time to read or follow the One on One. But, I guess it's pretty clear who won that one. I disagree with AMR on the topic and tend to think ghost is pretty spot on (on the topic) but clearly ghost lost this one is grand fashion.

Sad but, true....:sigh:

godrulz

Hall of Fame

If it was a boxing match and AMR knocked him out, I would say AMR won. Just because ghost freaked out does not mean he lost the debate if AMR is dead wrong and ghost is accurate in his beliefs.

So, ghost may be a loser in congenial debate, but that does not mean AMR won the debate if AMR is wrong on his beliefs/points.

I may go for stalemate since AMR may have stereotyped ghost's views too much and ghost's views may not be totally correct/orthodox.

Given enough time, I think AMR could show ghost had some defective views, but I don't think he could definitively prove he is a Docetic heretic in total.

For the record, I am never happy to see ghost banned, but I do believe he needed censure and discipline (I was a rat, OK).

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
So, ghost may be a loser in congenial debate, but that does not mean AMR won the debate if AMR is wrong on his beliefs/points.

Whatever. A fail is a fail.

This was a FAIL-O-RAMA.

In fact one could say this was a ........failtacular?

Failtacular.... a fail so epic it's almost a win.

failtaculare.jpg

godrulz

Hall of Fame
How about this? Ghost does not win the Miss Congeniality Award and AMR wins debate by default because it was short-circuited by the ban?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
How about this? Ghost does not win the Miss Congeniality Award and AMR wins debate by default because it was short-circuited by the ban?

How about this? Ghost fails, and he should just keep his big mouth shut until such time as he learns what it means to treat all people with the proper courtesy and respect that they deserve as human beings......especially the brethren!!!!!!!

Whatsoever you do to the least of these my brethren, that you do unto me.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
How about this? Ghost fails, and he should just keep his big mouth shut until such time as he learns what it means to treat all people with the proper courtesy and respect that they deserve as human beings......especially the brethren!!!!!!!

I could second that.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Amen to that....

Lon

Sad. I don't even think he was mad at the 1on1 as the rants started first in other posts prior.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
ghost has told me he doesn't care for me so I really don't care. I have said nothing that I am ashamed of.

We stand before the true Judge in Christ. Ghost is full of hot air and is an accuser of the brethren, in the flesh vs Spirit.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
We should watch what we say since ghost may come back and haunt/hunt us.

I don't know, usually his outbursts are just directed at one person. This time he dissed the entire TOL group. I think that might have been his swan song.

But, if not; he's going to need another username and signature. I was thinking we could help him out with some suggestions. Like...

Username: Ghost Again

Signature: Disappearing then ......just disappearing again.

or..

Username: Noso

Signature: Failure; it's what I do.

or

Username: FitsandSputters

Signature: Winning. It isn't everything; it's the only thing. I never do.

or

Username: Spazzo

Signature: Failure is not an option, it's just how I roll.

Those are just a few ideas to help him out if he ever decides to come back here.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I'm running out of ideas for Ghost's, Sozo, Sozo Again, Mystery, Door, username; but I still have some signature ideas for him if he ever comes back here.

Reach for the stars; then fail.

If at first you don't succeed; FAIL.

When all else fails.....fail.

When the going gets tough; fail.

Just fail.

Failure; it's easier than winning.

Keep smiling. Then fail.

Hopefully those ideas will offer some perspective. Have to run now. Good day.

SaulToPaul 2

Dave's main "fault" is that he cares too much about the gospel, and doesn't want to see anyone go to hell. I admire that in the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.