Green Beret discharged for body slamming Afghan child rapist

glorydaz

Yeah, but the loony lefties and liberal do-gooders will just lower the age of consent. Paedophiles will continue to be openly reviled but there will grow large rings of paedophiles ready and willing to take advantage of any bit of liberal legislation that comes their way. The sex offenders register over here hasn't stopped any of this happening and I hardly think it will be any better in your country, which is a great deal more liberal than mine. And people will say that this is because we need to show more respect to the personalities and choices of our young people. It will be made to feel like you are in the wrong, just mean spoil-sports, if you oppose such moves. You will be accused of being unloving and backward. But behind your back, these sickos will be having the time of their life.

That's a great point. Look at how the younger kids are able to get birth control without telling the parents. Parents get in trouble because the kids have rights....more rights than we ever had, that's for sure. They're encouraged to get sex change operations for crying out loud. The next obvious step would be to lower the age of consent. :nono:

musterion

This is why the current administration will not speak on the matter.

Screen-Shot-2015-10-01-at-12.51.43-PM-550x581.png

glorydaz

To be clear...we can't even decry the violent rape of a young boy, in your opinion? A boy tied to a posted and repeatedly raped for weeks? That's sure how it sounds.

According to the libs, we shouldn't "decry" anything....to each his own and don't rock the boat. :nono:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He got a little satisfaction knowing the felon in chief will not let him shoot the muslim rapist. So what.

Huckleberry

Not what I said and not what I meant.
Looking back at the context again, I have to tell you that is exactly how it sounds. I can't figure what else you could have meant. But, still, you know better than anyone else what you meant. :idunno:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Looking back at the context again, I have to tell you that is exactly how it sounds. I can't figure what else you could have meant. But, still, you know better than anyone else what you meant. :idunno:

Yes, I do. And I also know tone's often a tricky thing on TOL.

Arthur Brain

Yeah, but the loony lefties and liberal do-gooders will just lower the age of consent. Paedophiles will continue to be openly reviled but there will grow large rings of paedophiles ready and willing to take advantage of any bit of liberal legislation that comes their way. The sex offenders register over here hasn't stopped any of this happening and I hardly think it will be any better in your country, which is a great deal more liberal than mine. And people will say that this is because we need to show more respect to the personalities and choices of our young people. It will be made to feel like you are in the wrong, just mean spoil-sports, if you oppose such moves. You will be accused of being unloving and backward. But behind your back, these sickos will be having the time of their life.

There really isn't anything to support that. In relation to law the stringency in regards to the protection of minors has significantly increased and there's no groundswell for the age of consent to be lowered outside of nutball fringe groups that neither conservatives or liberals support in anything approaching general. In the UK there's retroactive measures being taken against those who have abused children and committed sexual offences etc. Just take a look at high profile cases like Jimmy Saville et al. Add to that the zero tolerance crackdown on paedophile rings and if anything it's the reverse of what you suggest.

Last edited:

Huckleberry

There really isn't anything to support that. In relation to law the stringency in regards to the protection of minors has significantly increased and there's no groundswell for the age of consent to be lowered outside of nutball fringe groups that neither conservatives or liberals support in anything approaching general. In the UK there's retroactive measures being taken against those who have abused children and committed sexual offences etc. Just take a look at high profile cases lie Jimmy Saville et al. Add to that the zero tolerance crackdown on paedophile rings and if anything it's the reverse of what you suggest.
If you don't mind me reinforcing your argument, here's some U.S. facts.

In the United States in the 1890s, several states had an age of consent as low as 10 (in 1895, the age of consent in Delaware was 7). By 1920, thanks to various women's political organizations* almost all states had an age of consent of 16, 17 or 18 (in Georgia and Hawaii it was 14 until 1995 and 2001). Now every state has an age of consent of at least 16.

So, yes, the age of consent has struggled its way up the scale since practically the moment the majority had the right to vote. It would take an unimaginable shift in culture for that to reverse itself. In my opinion, it's much more likely our country will simply cease to exist than for that profound a change in sentiment on this issue to occur, considering we've seen nothing but a rise age of consent since day one.

* As much as I hate to give feminists another excuse to blame men for something terrible, this was right after the 19th amendment was ratified.

Arthur Brain

If you don't mind me reinforcing your argument, here's some U.S. facts.

In the United States in the 1890s, several states had an age of consent as low as 10 (in 1895, the age of consent in Delaware was 7). By 1920, thanks to various women's political organizations* almost all states had an age of consent of 16, 17 or 18 (in Georgia and Hawaii it was 14 until 1995 and 2001). Now every state has an age of consent of at least 16.

So, yes, the age of consent has struggled its way up the scale since practically the moment the majority had the right to vote. It would take an unimaginable shift in culture for that to reverse itself. In my opinion, it's much more likely our country will simply cease to exist than for that profound a change in sentiment on this issue to occur, considering we've seen nothing but a rise age of consent since day one.

* As much as I hate to give feminists another excuse to blame men for something terrible, this was right after the 19th amendment was ratified.

No problem at all. I think it's patently obvious that laws in relation to children and human rights in general have improved exponentially over the years. When you refer to feminism then I think your main beef is with the militant variety.

glorydaz

impossible

children are unable to consent to getting birth control

I think he means legally.

Oregon Minor Consent Laws
109.610 Right to treatment for venereal disease without parental consent. (1)
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a minor who may have come into contact
with any venereal disease may give consent to the furnishing of hospital, medical or
surgical care related to the diagnosis or treatment of such disease, if the disease or
condition is one which is required by law or regulation adopted pursuant to law to be
reported to the local or state health officer or board. Such consent shall not be subject
to disaffirmance because of minority.
(2) The consent of the parent, parents, or legal guardian of such minor shall not be
necessary to authorize such hospital, medical or surgical care and without having given
consent the parent, parents, or legal guardian shall not be liable for payment for any
such care rendered. [Formerly 109.105; 1977 c.303 §1]
109.640 Right to medical or dental treatment without parental consent; physicians
may provide birth control information to any person. Any physician may provide
birth control information and services to any person without regard to the age of such
person and a minor 15 years of age or older, may give consent to hospital care, medical
or surgical diagnosis or treatment by a physician licensed by the Board of Medical
Examiners for the State of Oregon, and dental or surgical diagnosis or treatment by a
dentist licensed by the Oregon Board of Dentistry, without the consent of a parent or
guardian, except as may be provided by ORS 109.660. [1971 c.381 §1]
109.650 Disclosure without minor’s consent and without liability. A hospital or any
physician or dentist as described in ORS 109.640 may advise the parent or parents or
legal guardian of any such minor of such care, diagnosis or treatment or the need for
any treatment, without the consent of the patient, and any such hospital, physician or
dentist shall not be liable for advising such parent, parents or legal guardian without the

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
109.640 Right to medical or dental treatment without parental consent; physicians
birth control information and services to any person without regard to the age of such
person

Thats scary. Who knows if a perv is forcing a child?

glorydaz

Thats scary. Who knows if a perv is forcing a child?

Yep, and this part is vague enough that some kids are getting condoms in middle school.

person

Granite

Hall of Fame
You guys seriously need to rethink your priorities or you're going to stay in the same rut.