Green Beret discharged for body slamming Afghan child rapist

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/28/polit...-for-beating-alleged-child-rapist-speaks-out/

This is baffling to me. I understand that we have to work with people but looking the other way when a teenage boy is being used as a sex slave is just wrong. This guy did the right thing in my opinion

i haven't read it yet, but going around body slamming folks is not "the right thing" as much as we want to. the guy will get slammed many times in prison if he's guilty of being a child rapist -

Greg Jennings

i haven't read it yet, but going around body slamming folks is not "the right thing" as much as we want to. the guy will get slammed many times in prison if he's guilty of being a child rapist -

Well that's the whole thing: these Afghan officials regularly do this. The American soldiers stationed there with them have said that they can hear boys being raped by the Afghan officials and soldiers. It's common practice and is not ever punished. That's why this guy flipped out

Tinark

How is body slamming this guy going to effect anything? You hear a child being raped, then you go in and rescue the child and attack the guy if you have to. You report any crimes you are a witness to and file complaints and protest if they aren't dealt with.

Body slamming him after the fact accomplishes nothing.

WizardofOz

How is body slamming this guy going to effect anything? You hear a child being raped, then you go in and rescue the child and attack the guy if you have to. You report any crimes you are a witness to and file complaints and protest if they aren't dealt with.

Body slamming him after the fact accomplishes nothing.

I take it you didn't bother to read the article...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:thumb: Charles Martland

You would do nothing?

Who's sending him to prison? :idunno:

yeah, it's a pretty disturbing story. if i was aware of that activity or happened upon it i would shoot the perpetrator in the head, so body slams would be a non-factor

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/28/polit...-for-beating-alleged-child-rapist-speaks-out/

This is baffling to me. I understand that we have to work with people but looking the other way when a teenage boy is being used as a sex slave is just wrong. This guy did the right thing in my opinion

Welcome to Obama's new Army and yet another glimpse at Muslim "culture".

The Hypocrisy of Child Abuse in Many Muslim Countries
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/apr/25/middle-east-child-abuse-pederasty

Looking around I see at least a couple of TOL'ers that have adamantly defended Islam for years, yet now they act shocked as if Muslim adult-child sex is something new.

;-) Aaron.

Huckleberry

“You cannot try to impose American values and American norms onto the Afghan culture because they’re completely different… We can report and we can encourage them,” Col. Johnson told The News Tribune. “We do not have any power or the ability to use our hands to compel them to be what we see as morally better.”

The practice of influential men using underage boys as their sexual patterns (sic), known as “Bacha Bazi,” is an illegal but common custom in Afghanistan.

(source)

:think: I think I see the problem.

Okay, first of all..."using underage boys as their sexual partners"? What, you mean child rape? Because that's what that is. There are no "partners" in that. Thanks for contributing to the problem you utter moron of a writer. You didn't even spell "partner" right.

Second, the moral relativism of the colonel. He doesn't even know raping a boy is wrong. Either that or, more likely, the political situation this colonel is in prevents him from recognizing that raping boys in wrong. Just how the hell high up the chain until we find someone who does?

Third, you put a bunch Green Berets in proximity to this "common afghan custom" of raping boys and, when one of them flips out and beats the hell out of someone...you punish them.

Everyone is wrong here. :nono:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
“You cannot try to impose American values and American norms onto the Afghan culture because they’re completely different… We can report and we can encourage them,” Col. Johnson told The News Tribune. “We do not have any power or the ability to use our hands to compel them to be what we see as morally better.”

The practice of influential men using underage boys as their sexual patterns (sic), known as “Bacha Bazi,” is an illegal but common custom in Afghanistan.

(source)

:think: I think I see the problem.

Okay, first of all..."using underage boys as their sexual partners"? What, you mean child rape? Because that's what that is. There are no "partners" in that. Thanks for contributing to the problem you utter moron of a writer. You didn't even spell "partner" right.

Second, the moral relativism of the colonel. He doesn't even know raping a boy is wrong. Either that or, more likely, the political situation this colonel is in prevents him from recognizing that raping boys in wrong. Just how the hell high up the chain until we find someone who recognizes does?

Third, you put a bunch Green Berets in proximity to this "common afghan custom" of raping boys and, when one of them flips out and beats the hell out of someone...you punish them.

Everyone is wrong here. :nono:

Youd have to go real high, human abuses occur often over there. A young man in the army who was getting his car serviced at the same time i was, who was sent home for a while after being injured over there, was telling me the hardest part of being over there was seeing abuse and being told by higher officers they werent to get involved in what happens in their culture over there, after wanting to get involved when a man was beating his wife to death in the street because she "looked" at someone walking by.

Huckleberry

Youd have to go real high, human abuses occur often over there. A young man in the army who was getting his car serviced at the same time i was, who was sent home for a while after being injured over there, was telling me the hardest part of being over there was seeing abuse and being told by higher officers they werent to get involved in what happens in their culture over there, after wanting to get involved when a man was beating his wife to death in the street because she "looked" at someone walking by.

Well, I meant how high up the chain of command (ours, I mean) you have to go to find someone who recognizes that raping a boy is wrong even in Afghanistan. But this post speak to that. :up:

Greg Jennings

Well, I meant how high up the chain of command (ours, I mean) you have to go to find someone who recognizes that raping a boy is wrong even in Afghanistan. But this post speak to that. :up:

One thing I find darkly comical is that homosexuality is punishable by death there but this child rape is normal somehow. It's both disgusting and hypocritical

This Charming Manc

Can you open your mouth without lying and deceiving?

Its a Practice common to Afghanistan and part of Pakistan, not as you re titled it as many Muslim countries.

Similar practices were common in ancient Greek culture, which is the cultural bedrock that modern western culture comes from.

Neither are right, both are wrong, but to suggest many muslim countries practice this is just another ACW lie.

Welcome to Obama's new Army and yet another glimpse at Muslim "culture".

The Hypocrisy of Child Abuse in Many Muslim Countries
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/apr/25/middle-east-child-abuse-pederasty

Looking around I see at least a couple of TOL'ers that have adamantly defended Islam for years, yet now they act shocked as if Muslim adult-child sex is something new.

;-) Aaron.