ECT Has Jesus' authority been usurped by MAD has MAD placed ALL authority in Paul ?

dodge

Conclusion

In Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus claimed to have all authority in heaven and on earth and thereby authorized His disciples to make disciples, baptizing them and teaching them to observe everything Jesus commanded them. To say that we need do none of this because it does not apply to the church, but to a now non-existent Jewish "church" is nothing less than an attack on the authority of Jesus Christ. Such a diminishing of Jesus' authority over His own church is a serious error, no matter how folksy the purveyors of this error may be.

To truncate that which is binding on the church in the New Testament as hyperdispensationalists do has serious consequences. Not only does it lead to the claims we have examined here, but many other false teachings as well. For example, Feldick claims that the church is not part of any covenant with God. In answer to the question of whether or not we are a covenant people, he says "no." He says, "But, the flip-side, now in Christ Jesus we are made nigh, not by covenants, but by the Blood of Christ."33What? Paul in 2Corinthians claimed to be a minister of the new covenant (2Corinthians 3:6) and cited Jesus' words about "the new covenant in My blood" to the Corinthians to help them understand the Lord's Supper. Jesus links His blood to the covenant and so did Paul. Hebrews is all about the new covenant, but Feldick would not want us applying Hebrews to the church.

Frankly, this exegesis of Scripture is appalling. It is convoluted and confused. Christians who listen to this sort of teaching will surely be led astray and will end up for all practical purposes with a truncated Bible. Documents written by authoritative apostles for the church, such as the epistles of John, are silenced on the grounds that they were written for some Jewish "church" that does not now exist. Jesus' teachings are only for a non-instituted kingdom, so they bind to obedience no one who is alive today. Astonishingly, the teachings of the head of the church, Jesus Christ, are not binding on the church.

The teachers of hyperdispensationalism pick and choose as they jump around the Bible, making it nearly impossible to follow them. I know this because in preparation for this article I discovered how hard it was to read their material. The context of a passage under consideration means little to these writers. Instead they want to know which of the supposed two or more gospels the passage applies to. In their system, authorial intent as a principle of hermeneutics is dead and buried. Did Luke want us to believe that the gospel itself suddenly changed in the middle of Acts? Obviously not. But these teachers show no concern about Luke's meaning. They import their own.

The whole of the New Testament is for the entire church and is binding today. There is only one gospel. Water baptism is a valid practice, ordained by Jesus Christ, and practiced by His apostles—including Paul. The church is part of the new covenant. Repentance is part of the universal call of the gospel. The gospel is not limited only to what Paul stated in 1Corinthians 15:1-4. Hyperdispensationalism is false, and it should be avoided and discarded. I do not know how to state it any more clearly.

http://cicministry.org/commentary/issue108.htm

john w

Hall of Fame
Conclusion

In Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus claimed to have all authority in heaven and on earth and thereby authorized His disciples to make disciples, baptizing them and teaching them to observe everything Jesus commanded them. To say that we need do none of this because it does not apply to the church, but to a now non-existent Jewish "church" is nothing less than an attack on the authority of Jesus Christ. Such a diminishing of Jesus' authority over His own church is a serious error, no matter how folksy the purveyors of this error may be.

To truncate that which is binding on the church in the New Testament as hyperdispensationalists do has serious consequences. Not only does it lead to the claims we have examined here, but many other false teachings as well. For example, Feldick claims that the church is not part of any covenant with God. In answer to the question of whether or not we are a covenant people, he says "no." He says, "But, the flip-side, now in Christ Jesus we are made nigh, not by covenants, but by the Blood of Christ."33What? Paul in 2Corinthians claimed to be a minister of the new covenant (2Corinthians 3:6) and cited Jesus' words about "the new covenant in My blood" to the Corinthians to help them understand the Lord's Supper. Jesus links His blood to the covenant and so did Paul. Hebrews is all about the new covenant, but Feldick would not want us applying Hebrews to the church.

Frankly, this exegesis of Scripture is appalling. It is convoluted and confused. Christians who listen to this sort of teaching will surely be led astray and will end up for all practical purposes with a truncated Bible. Documents written by authoritative apostles for the church, such as the epistles of John, are silenced on the grounds that they were written for some Jewish "church" that does not now exist. Jesus' teachings are only for a non-instituted kingdom, so they bind to obedience no one who is alive today. Astonishingly, the teachings of the head of the church, Jesus Christ, are not binding on the church.

The teachers of hyperdispensationalism pick and choose as they jump around the Bible, making it nearly impossible to follow them. I know this because in preparation for this article I discovered how hard it was to read their material. The context of a passage under consideration means little to these writers. Instead they want to know which of the supposed two or more gospels the passage applies to. In their system, authorial intent as a principle of hermeneutics is dead and buried. Did Luke want us to believe that the gospel itself suddenly changed in the middle of Acts? Obviously not. But these teachers show no concern about Luke's meaning. They import their own.

The whole of the New Testament is for the entire church and is binding today. There is only one gospel. Water baptism is a valid practice, ordained by Jesus Christ, and practiced by His apostles—including Paul. The church is part of the new covenant. Repentance is part of the universal call of the gospel. The gospel is not limited only to what Paul stated in 1Corinthians 15:1-4. Hyperdispensationalism is false, and it should be avoided and discarded. I do not know how to state it any more clearly.

You are taking the Matthew 28 passage, 1 Corinthians passage, 2 Corinthians passage, Luke passage, the book of Hebrews,out of context. You are in error. Lies.It says what it says. Do YOU believe the scriptures, or do you just IGNORE what you do not agree with?

That ought to do it-you taught us that-we learned that from you. Nothing to this debating thing.

...MAD ignores Jesus' teachings ...the teachings and commands of Jesus...

Matthew 16:20 KJV Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Luke 18:22 KJV Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Matthew 8:4 KJV And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Mark 16 KJV

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Do the above "Jesus' teachings...teachings and commands of Jesus."

No? Why do you "ignore Jesus' teachings/the teachings and commands of Jesus?"

EOT. QED. RIP. CLOSED. DOA.

musterion

He can't post his own ideas without them being ripped apart as you would a child's. Now he resorts to borrowed cut and paste. Pathetic.

dodge

He can't post his own ideas without them being ripped apart as you would a child's. Now he resorts to borrowed cut and paste. Pathetic.

I am used to those in MAD forcing everything into their errors. Your loss not mine.

musterion

Actually that is none of your business unless you are a Mod or owner of the site !

First, it's anybody's business who wants to post.

Second, ask a mod how many times the Meshak people have been banned for starting basically the same thread a dozen different times but refusing to answer questions honestly in those threads.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Conclusion

Good article.

LA

dodge

First, it's anybody's business who wants to post.

Second, ask a mod how many times the Meshak people have been banned for starting basically the same thread a dozen different times but refusing to answer questions honestly in those threads.

What I post is NONE of your business ! Change the channel if you don't like the post.

Hello, same topic as in MAD is lies and deceptions . Different scriptures and topics relating to the errors in MAD. If you don't like the topic BYE.

DAN P

Conclusion

Hi and the Greek word COVENANT / DIATHEKE is a translitered word that has many meaning !!

#1 , Testament
#2 , Covenant
#3 , Arrangement
#4 ,Agreement
#5, Agreement
#6 Compact

The correct word to use in 2 Cor 3:6 and in 1 Cor 11:25 is the word ARRANGEMENT !!

Where does God say that He has COVENANT with the Body of Christ ??

You also AVOID questions , like are you saved , as Paul was the PATTERN ?

Here is another EASY ONE , how are people saved under a COVENANT , and where are the terms of salvation ??

dan p

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Another useless thread of lies from Dodge.
Dodge is not at all interested in truth.

dodge

Another useless thread of lies from Dodge.
Dodge is not at all interested in truth.

translated = dodge is NOT interested in the lies and deceptions MAD promotes, advocates , and follows.

Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords NOT Paul.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
translated = dodge is NOT interested in the lies and deceptions MAD promotes, advocates , and follows.
Well, let's see if that's true.

Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords NOT Paul.
Well I'll be, that's exactly what MAD teaches.
No lies and deception in MAD there.

But you already knew that before you even posted such nonsense.
So why would you post it anyway?
Because you have shown once again that you are not interested in truth.

john w

Hall of Fame

Mat 26:28
This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

VS.
1 Timothy 2:6 KJV Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

dodgeball: Says the same thing, as "for many" is the same thing as "for all," and I, the dodger, am clueless as to why Paul says "to be testified in due time," you see, well, urr....