ECT Has Jesus' authority been usurped by MAD has MAD placed ALL authority in Paul ?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Today there is only 'one baptism" (Eph.4:5) and that baptism is the one performed by the Holy Spirit:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

Those who cling to the traditions of men and insist that there are two baptism do their best to question the authority of Paul. In fact, they refuse to believe what he says when his teaching contradicts their silly ideas.
And Paul's message was directly from the risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Himself.
To disagree with Paul's message is to disagree with the message of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

And for Dodge to say that MAD teaches that Paul is above the Lord Jesus Christ is an abominable lie.
The same abominable lie that he continues to cling tightly to.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
And Paul's message was directly from the risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Himself.
To disagree with Paul's message is to disagree with the message of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

This is the exact basis for confessing one True Gospel from God!

There is no difference between Jesus' message and Paul's message, as you admit.

Jerry Shugart

Nope , not the teachings of Paul the lies MAD has turned Paul's teachings into to fit their own lies and deceptions. Paul got it right MAD changed the truth of what Paul taught into lies.

Unlike you those of us in the MAD community believe Paul when he writes that today there is "one baptism."

You pretend that you actually believe the Bible but when it comes right down to it you only prove that you don't.

You are a fraud!

dodge

All that said without you admitting that you lied about MAD not teaching that He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords instead of Paul.
You outright lied about what MAD teaches on that, and you have yet to rescind that lie.
Why?
Because you are dishonest and love the lie more than the truth.

I see Paul mentioned and bragged on more than Jesus by MADist. I see no reason to apologize for anything.

dodge

Unlike you those of us in the MAD community believe Paul when he writes that today there is "one baptism."

You pretend that you actually believe the Bible but when it comes right down to it you only prove that you don't.

You are a fraud!

Jesus was baptized, Paul was baptized as was everyone mentioned in the NT that placed their faith in Jesus.

MADIST changed what Jesus said to do to do NOT do what Jesus said to do.

The frauds are MADist who teach to NOT do that which Jesus said to do.

dodge

And for Dodge to say that MAD teaches that Paul is above the Lord Jesus Christ is an abominable lie.
The same abominable lie that he continues to cling tightly to.

It is NOT I that has placed Paul on a pedestal that Paul himself said DO NOT DO.

Interplanner

It's a good thing for Jerry that this issue came along. No more having to deal with the cross in the 1st half of the gospel accounts! Phew!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is the exact basis for confessing one True Gospel from God!

There is no difference between Jesus' message and Paul's message, as you admit.
Au contraire, my little Calvinist troll.
The message of the Lord Jesus Christ to His disciples not to tell anyone He was the Christ is not the same message the Lord Jesus Christ told Paul.
Different messages to different people at different times.

Just remember this, Nang; it will help you out: THINGS THAT DIFFER ARE NOT THE SAME.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Conclusion

In Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus claimed to have all authority in heaven and on earth and thereby authorized His disciples to make disciples, baptizing them and teaching them to observe everything Jesus commanded them. To say that we need do none of this because it does not apply to the church, but to a now non-existent Jewish "church" is nothing less than an attack on the authority of Jesus Christ. Such a diminishing of Jesus' authority over His own church is a serious error, no matter how folksy the purveyors of this error may be.

To truncate that which is binding on the church in the New Testament as hyperdispensationalists do has serious consequences. Not only does it lead to the claims we have examined here, but many other false teachings as well. For example, Feldick claims that the church is not part of any covenant with God. In answer to the question of whether or not we are a covenant people, he says "no." He says, "But, the flip-side, now in Christ Jesus we are made nigh, not by covenants, but by the Blood of Christ."33What? Paul in 2Corinthians claimed to be a minister of the new covenant (2Corinthians 3:6) and cited Jesus' words about "the new covenant in My blood" to the Corinthians to help them understand the Lord's Supper. Jesus links His blood to the covenant and so did Paul. Hebrews is all about the new covenant, but Feldick would not want us applying Hebrews to the church.

Frankly, this exegesis of Scripture is appalling. It is convoluted and confused. Christians who listen to this sort of teaching will surely be led astray and will end up for all practical purposes with a truncated Bible. Documents written by authoritative apostles for the church, such as the epistles of John, are silenced on the grounds that they were written for some Jewish "church" that does not now exist. Jesus' teachings are only for a non-instituted kingdom, so they bind to obedience no one who is alive today. Astonishingly, the teachings of the head of the church, Jesus Christ, are not binding on the church.

The teachers of hyperdispensationalism pick and choose as they jump around the Bible, making it nearly impossible to follow them. I know this because in preparation for this article I discovered how hard it was to read their material. The context of a passage under consideration means little to these writers. Instead they want to know which of the supposed two or more gospels the passage applies to. In their system, authorial intent as a principle of hermeneutics is dead and buried. Did Luke want us to believe that the gospel itself suddenly changed in the middle of Acts? Obviously not. But these teachers show no concern about Luke's meaning. They import their own.

The whole of the New Testament is for the entire church and is binding today. There is only one gospel. Water baptism is a valid practice, ordained by Jesus Christ, and practiced by His apostles—including Paul. The church is part of the new covenant. Repentance is part of the universal call of the gospel. The gospel is not limited only to what Paul stated in 1Corinthians 15:1-4. Hyperdispensationalism is false, and it should be avoided and discarded. I do not know how to state it any more clearly.

http://cicministry.org/commentary/issue108.htm

What??

Galatians 1:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

Call to Apostleship
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I see Paul mentioned and bragged on more than Jesus by MADist. I see no reason to apologize for anything.
What you did not see, Dodge, is MAD ever saying that Paul is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords instead of the Lord Jesus Christ, now did you Dodge?
If you don't want to be the sort of man that rescinds or apologizes for an outright slanderous lie that he told, that's your choice to go right on cleaving to your lie, Dodge.
We can all see that you love that lie of yours more than truth.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is NOT I that has placed Paul on a pedestal that Paul himself said DO NOT DO.
No one in this entire thread has put Paul on some pedestal.
MAD teaches that Paul was directly chosen by our risen Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ to preach what the Lord Jesus Christ revealed to him.
Surely you also would agree with that same teaching, wouldn't you, Dodge?
Or do you equate agreeing with what scripture says about Paul to be putting him on a pedestal?

Reactions: Lon

dodge

What??

Galatians 1:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

Call to Apostleship
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Paul received the truth of the Gospel from the same one that ALL the Apostles received it from.

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

dodge

No one in this entire thread has put Paul on some pedestal.
MAD teaches that Paul was directly chosen by our risen Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ to preach what the Lord Jesus Christ revealed to him.
Surely you also would agree with that same teaching, wouldn't you, Dodge?
Or do you equate agreeing with what scripture says about Paul to be putting him on a pedestal?

Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul received the truth of the Gospel from the same one that ALL the Apostles received it from.

So then why suggest that Paul is usurping jesus authority?

musterion

Paul was no "better" than Peter, James or John, or anyone else. Anyone who says he somehow was better is too stupid to be posting here.

Whai IS a fact is that Paul was chosen as the human conduit of previously hidden information for the world, info which God hadn't revealed before, to anyone. THAT, Paul boldly stood on and never backed down from anyone. Neither will we.

SaulToPaul 2

Paul was no "better" than Peter, James or John, or anyone else. Anyone who ever says he somehow was better is too stupid to be posting here.

Whai IS a fact is that Paul was chosen as the human conduit of previously hidden information for the world, info which God hadn't revealed before, to anyone. THAT, Paul boldly stood on and never backed down from anyone. Neither will we.

Indeed, he magnified his OFFICE, not himself.

musterion

Yup. And even then it wasn't about himself. It was about being the instrument God was using to goad Israel to jealousy, and to salvation.

john w

Hall of Fame
The frauds are MADist who teach to NOT do that which Jesus said to do.

Sell all you have....Raise the dead....Heal the sick....Show yourself to a Levitical priest and offer the gift that Moses commanded...Speak in tongues....Cast out devils...pick up snakes....

"do that which Jesus said to do."

Fraud. Poser.

...MAD ignores the teachings and commands of Jesus....

Vs. his lie-he admits that not all of the "teachings and commands of Jesus" are for respective members of the B.O.C.
Most can read for themselves and determine what was for the B.O.C. and what was for Israel for a time.

Hypocrite. Actor.

And at least the dispensational interpretive method provides the rational/framework, for attempting to decide which commands/teachings are for the BOC, and which are for the believing remnant of the nation Israel, and which are "intra-dispensational" teachings/commands. He may disagree with the dispensational interpretive method, but at the very least, we have one, explain it, and do not apologize for it.

dodgeball has none-NADA, except for, "out of context!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Contrasts.