ECT Heaven is For Real

Livelystone

I think His handling of Satan and using the Word to do so when Satan tempted Jesus, was sufficient in itself for us to understand He too was tempted, and we have been given the same Word Jesus used to defeat temptation

Livelystone

So why haven't you defeated him/it??????

I do but he still continues on just as he did to Jesus and Paul whom satan only departed from "for a season".

IMO the passage where Cain was tempted before carrying out his act against his brother God told him "if you are not doing well sin lieth at the door" is an excellent teacher when properly understood that is much different from what is commonly taught about it in most churches

This is because as the word "sin" and "door" are used here the word "sin" represents a sin offering that God has provided for him (and us) that would allow Cain to go from not doing well (contemplating sin; James 1:15 KJV) and "pass through the door" from that realm and into the presence of the divine where God who is just to forgive abides.

Same goes for us because when we turn to Christ for help in forgiving others we become a little more the same as Christ each time because it is Christ in us who takes us through the door from temptation to sin, and into the realm of where Christ is who is always just to forgive.

Thus Jesus says to us........ for those who overcome as I overcame I will give them the Morning Star........... Jesus is the Morning Star and is telling us that each time we through Him overcome sin........ we become a little bit more like Him until we finally all is accomplished that is to be accomplished in us so that in the end "we appear as He appears"

Short story....... overcoming temptation to sin is part of our training to become as He already is........ able and just to forgive others as he has forgiven us.

Blessings to you,

Doug

IMJerusha

I have always wanted an accredited source to investigate my story that I did not know was recorded in the Bible until 5 years after the fact....... then it was another 5 years before the truth of why the man was rubbing oil on my chest when I came back to life finally dawned on me.

I don't see your name, Doug, in the Scriptures. Must be in the Message Bible! LOL

So, you thought you were a pizza log heading for the oven, eh? :chuckle: My son thought pierogi but they don't typically rub those with oil, do they? Though they are very tasty fried up in olive oil.

I'm sorry, I'm not making fun of your experience. I typically start joking when I experience joy as a result of God. It's somewhat overwhelming.

Livelystone

I understand, however, that is not the substance of what you declared.

Read it again, maybe you are miss-reading my intended communication? Paul was tempted without yielding and it served to keep Paul humble, and aware that it was only through grace he was not the sinner he used to be.

Same goes for me

I repeat, Jesus was tempted. Why?

I think the verses I quoted in post # 60 cover your question very well

Livelystone

I don't see your name, Doug, in the Scriptures. Must be in the Message Bible! LOL

So, you thought you were a pizza log heading for the oven, eh? :chuckle: My son thought pierogi but they don't typically rub those with oil, do they? Though they are very tasty fried up in olive oil.

I'm sorry, I'm not making fun of your experience. I typically start joking when I experience joy as a result of God. It's somewhat overwhelming.

Figured I was about to get cooked just like that apple pie you are holding. So your son had a NDE as they like to call these type of experiences?

On a more serious note, it wasn't until I was well along on my walk with the Lord before I realized the man was doing just what the NT apostles would do when praying over someone in need of help.

Was he a real man? Don't know the answer to that either. The dispatcher did acknowledge him as someone who showed up after the call went out my heart had stopped. I did not get the impression anyone knew who he was but he just disappeared after we got to the hospital. He seemed real because we exchanged a few words

IMJerusha

Figured I was about to get cooked just like that apple pie you are holding.

Yes, I imagine you were figuring that but you know, I think I would be wondering that as well.

So your son had a NDE as they like to call these type of experiences?

No, he just responded as I was reading your posted account to him. He's a lot like me and gets a bit giddy when faced with heartfelt testimony. We were discussing what part of Scripture records oil being rubbed on people and the purpose of it and my son felt the need to paraphrase VeggieTales.

On a more serious note, it wasn't until I was well along on my walk with the Lord before I realized the man was doing just what the NT apostles would do when praying over someone in need of help.

Was he a real man? Don't know the answer to that either. The dispatcher did acknowledge him as someone who showed up after the call went out my heart had stopped. I did not get the impression anyone knew who he was but he just disappeared after we got to the hospital. He seemed real because we exchanged a few words

What did he look like?

Livelystone

Not in the least, do they.

In this case you need to be more specific as to what you are looking for because as it is you are presenting a question that is wrong by suggesting Jesus was tempted to sin when the truth is he was never tempted to commit a sin

If you are asking why did Satan try to tempt Jesus?

Answer is he had no choice as the law of polarity is a universal law that rules over good and evil the same as it is over negative and positive energy sources............ Paul called it "another law' in Ro.7:23 KJV

IMJerusha

In this case you need to be more specific as to what you are looking for because as it is you are presenting a question that is wrong by suggesting Jesus was tempted to sin when the truth is he was never tempted to commit a sin

Isn't that semantics of sorts? Luke 4:2 And to state that Yeshua was not tempted is to dismiss his need to be in the flesh. Did He succumb to temptation?...clearly not.

BTW, could you and CrossReference, please repair your post tags? Tings is gettin' confoosing.

Livelystone

Yes, I imagine you were figuring that but you know, I think I would be wondering that as well.

Kinda hard not to when you consider all of the things people say about God........ for sure I was not expecting any kind of a break

No, he just responded as I was reading your posted account to him. He's a lot like me and gets a bit giddy when faced with heartfelt testimony. We were discussing what part of Scripture records oil being rubbed on people and the purpose of it and my son felt the need to paraphrase VeggieTales.

Okay, your son has inherited your sense of humor.

What did he look like?

Like an everyday guy......... mid age with no halo or wings

Livelystone

Isn't that semantics of sorts? Luke 4:2 And to state that Yeshua was not tempted is to dismiss his need to be in the flesh. Did He succumb to temptation?...clearly not.

BTW, could you and CrossReference, please repair your post tags? Tings is gettin' confoosing.

Post tags? Don't know what they are

IMJerusha

Hi IMJerusha, :cool:
Would you please tell me how to do quotes from 2 different people in one reply box?
Thanks!

Use the multi-quote box. Click on the multi-quote box for each quote you are wanting to reply to except the last quote which you should click the main quote box for. That will bring all the quotes into one reply box.
I hope this helped. I'm not all that good at this stuff.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Being as the spirit/soul goes back to God when a person dies, and only God can decide future of said 'spiritual body'

How can Satan duplicate what he does not have the power to do?

Satan's only chance to influence people is while they still exist in bodies of flesh and bone............ once that body gives up the ghost only God decides its future............ should he send it to hell and the company of others who did not make the cut is not up to satan.

You are talking about fiction.

So the kid died and goes to God...comes back saying jesus was black...whatever...It Is Heresay buddy.

Not allowed to take the kids word on this...sorry