Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just wanted to introduce myself. I joined a couple of days ago. I've been looking around and I'm enjoying this board tremendously. I have to admit that I feel a little intimidated by some of the things I've read. I just finished reading Ask Mr. Religion's welcome threads and all I can say is WOW! There were more words there that I didn't know than I did know. :dizzy:

I'm looking forward to partcipating, sharing and learning from you all. I will also be utilizing my online dictionary a great deal more than usual! :thumb:

red77

Just wanted to introduce myself. I joined a couple of days ago. I've been looking around and I'm enjoying this board tremendously. I have to admit that I feel a little intimidated by some of the things I've read. I just finished reading Ask Mr. Religion's welcome threads and all I can say is WOW! There were more words there that I didn't know than I did know. :dizzy:

I'm looking forward to partcipating, sharing and learning from you all. I will also be utilizing my online dictionary a great deal more than usual! :thumb:

That can sometimes be advisable.......:chuckle:

Welcome :wave:

Mr. 5020

Welcome to TOL! :wave2:

Tell us about yourself. Do you claim any religious affiliation? Political? What made you join? :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Welcome to the last website you will ever need. :)

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL! :wave2:

Tell us about yourself. Do you claim any religious affiliation? Political? What made you join? :)

A little about myself.. I'm a 35 year old SAH-HSM.. Been married for 15 years .. We did some mission work in Southern California for close to 4 years. We have 2 children here.. 14 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 2 children in Heaven. We also have one cat (Jazzy) and one rabbit (Blu).

Religious affiliation.. we are members of an Independent Baptist Church. I'm a product of the late 70's early 80's bus route explosion. My parents didn't go but sent my sister and I on the bus to church every Sunday. When I was a teenager I started attending a Calvinistic Church. I studied some of it but could never really accept that teaching. Then I married my wonderful hubby who is vehemently opposed to Calvinism.

Political affiliation.. Republican..

Why did I join? I was told that if I wanted to learn how to defend what I believe, this is the place to be. :chuckle:

If you would like to know anything else, please feel free to ask.. =)

Mr. 5020

A little about myself.. I'm a 35 year old SAH-HSM.. Been married for 15 years .. We did some mission work in Southern California for close to 4 years. We have 2 children here.. 14 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 2 children in Heaven. We also have one cat (Jazzy) and one rabbit (Blu).

Religious affiliation.. we are members of an Independent Baptist Church. I'm a product of the late 70's early 80's bus route explosion. My parents didn't go but sent my sister and I on the bus to church every Sunday. When I was a teenager I started attending a Calvinistic Church. I studied some of it but could never really accept that teaching. Then I married my wonderful hubby who is vehemently opposed to Calvinism.

Why did I join? I was told that if I wanted to learn how to defend what I believe, this is the place to be. :chuckle:

Thanks! :up:

asilentskeptic

This is a good place to solidify what you believe, because if you are a little flimsy in some areas, we will harp on you till you know what you think :)

Be open and honest, and even people you disagree with can be friends.

johncalvinhall

Salvete ("Greetings") FS! Welcome to the TOL.

jch
Quiescit Anima Libris

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When I was a teenager I started attending a Calvinistic Church. I studied some of it but could never really accept that teaching. Then I married my wonderful hubby who is vehemently opposed to Calvinism.
When the false teaching of Calvinism is finally murdered once and for all, you can be sure that there will be crime-scene-tape all over TheologyOnline.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When the false teaching of Calvinism is finally murdered once and for all, you can be sure that there will be crime-scene-tape all over TheologyOnline.
That's not very nice, Knight.

I like it.

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
FellowServant,

You have stated your background...now take this quiz so we can see how you think.

Here is a link to a news story:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/13843649/detail.html

Quiz question 1: Is the judge right?

Quiz question 2: If so why?

Quiz question 3: If not, why not?

Thanks for playing!

I haven't had a chance to read this article, but I will and I will answer. I just didn't want you to think that I don't want to. We've been going back and forth to Kentucky. I have an uncle that is dying of cancer. We are on our way again today. He isn't expected to make it through the weekend. It's a very hard and sad time for our family right now and I just haven't had the time nor energy for the internet right now. Take care..

Status
Not open for further replies.