• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

How does one determine, using the scientific method, that the earth is billions of years old?

iouae

Of course it can.

Among others.
There are so many things wrong with hydrological sorting, it is hard to know where to begin.

First, of all creatures God created, only 1% are alive today. Did Noah and God do such a poor job that they lost the other 99% in the flood. This would be a huge problem since God clearly instructed Noah
Gen 6:19
"And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sortshalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female."

Yet somebody dropped the ball and lost 99% of all that ever lived. Who would you blame?

Second and most obvious problem is that if you take all that ever lived and shake them all up, they don't sort into the layers we see in the geologic column. For instance the light flying dynasours would float on top and be in the top layers with their hollow bones. Yet there they lie, with all their heavy kin like T rex.

Next obvious problem is that each Paleontological era or epoch had its producers, herbivore and carnivore with top predator and all were of suitable and similar size. A T rex roaming the savannah today with today's mammals would quickly wipe them out. For homework watch Jurassic Park 1-5.

iouae

Neanderthals were people who lived a long time.

My idea has the advantage of scientific backing — genetics show that they were practically indistinguishable from modern humans and skull analyses indicate later onset of puberty — as well as not requiring invention of non-Biblical history.

Listen to the Jack Cuozzo interview I linked to.
Homo naledi is a species of archaic human discovered in 2013 in the Rising Star Cave, Cradle of Humankind, South Africa dating to the Middle Pleistocene 335,000–236,000 years ago. The initial discovery comprises 1,550 specimens, representing 737 different elements, and at least 15 different individuals. Despite this exceptionally high number of specimens, their classification with other Homo remains unclear.

Neanderthals (/niˈændərˌtɑːl, neɪ-, -ˌθɑːl/,[7] also Homo neanderthalensis or Homo sapiens neanderthalensis)[8] are an extinct species or subspecies of archaic humans who lived in Eurasia until about 40,000 years ago...The 2010 Neanderthal genome project's draft report presented evidence for interbreeding between Neanderthals and modern humans.[84][85][86] It possibly occurred 316–219 thousand years ago,[87] but more likely 100,000 years ago and again 65,000 years ago.[88]Neanderthals also appear to have interbred with Denisovans, a different group of archaic humans, in Siberia.[89][90] Around 1–4% of genomes of Eurasians, Australo-Melanesians, Native Americans, and North Africans is of Neanderthal ancestry, while the inhabitants of sub-Saharan Africa have only 0.3% of Neanderthal genes, save possible traces from early Sapiens-to-Neanderthal gene flow and/or more recent back-migration of Eurasians to Africa. In all, about 20% of distinctly Neanderthal gene variants survive today.
From Wikipedia.

To me it's obvious that Adam was never contemporaneous with either Homo naledi or Homo sapiens neanderthalensis. God was experimenting with hominids before 6000 years ago getting it finally right and wiping earth clean with a mass extinction 6000 years ago and recreating earth with Adam and Eve as the first and only hominids to whom salvation was offered. Even so, God goofed and repented Himself that He had done so, and wiped them all out, starting again with Noah's family.

For those of you who say God cannot goof and is omniscient knowing even the future, then here are His own words. Don't shoot the messenger.
Gen 6:6
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

God nearly did what He had done many times before with earth, which was to wipe it clean with a mass extinction, laying down another epoch in the geologic column. But because Noah was pure in his generations, God saved mankind. Yet at babel man went wrong again but God had promised with a rainbow not to destroy mankind with a flood (or presumably with pestilence, meteors, volcanoes etc).

The small % of Neanderthal genes in modern humans is not because they mated together, its because God took what he liked from Neanderthals, and put those genes in Adam. None of Adam's kin ever met a Neanderthal.

iouae

Saying it doesn't make it so.

And yes, it does explain it, rather well. It's called "tidal pumping."

Would a video explanation interest you?

I tried looking up tidal pumping, and the little I found seems to have no connection with hydrological sorting.

Many folks watch complicated videos on theology and are convinced without being able to explain what they watched simply in a paragraph. If one cannot explain one's beliefs, but have to refer to a video or book, I am sorry but I don't have the time or interest to watch videos or read complicated books, just to prove someone wrong. Especially when what I already believe has no obvious holes in my theories that I feel driven to find the missing truth. I apologise that giving me homework ended with school.

iouae

This will save you some time:

I did watch this video and Hydroplate theory is mostly about water. I believe in the Noah flood. The heat and pressure from Hydroplate theory would make it difficult for a boat to survive, especially if Brown believes the pressure was enough to send rocks into space to hit the moon, form asteroids and the Kuiper belt. So the little I have watched turns me completely off Hydroplate theory as being good science.

My belief is that mountains were much lower pre-flood, and thus it was not hard to cover earth with water, not needing Hydroplate theory to explain where the water came from. There was a Noah flood, how it occurred is just detail.

Right Divider

Body part
There are so many things wrong with hydrological sorting, it is hard to know where to begin.
Elephant hurling... we're already on to it. Try some actual arguments.
First, of all creatures God created, only 1% are alive today.
Please document this claim (i.e., prove it).
Did Noah and God do such a poor job that they lost the other 99% in the flood.
Fake news.
This would be a huge problem since God clearly instructed Noah
"And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sortshalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female."
Yes, he followed God's orders to the letter.

Gen 6:22 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:22) Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
Yet somebody dropped the ball and lost 99% of all that ever lived. Who would you blame?
Your bogus claims are to blame.
Second and most obvious problem is that if you take all that ever lived and shake them all up, they don't sort into the layers we see in the geologic column. For instance the light flying dynasours would float on top and be in the top layers with their hollow bones. Yet there they lie, with all their heavy kin like T rex.
More false claims. Thanks so much.
Next obvious problem is that each Paleontological era or epoch had its producers, herbivore and carnivore with top predator and all were of suitable and similar size. A T rex roaming the savannah today with today's mammals would quickly wipe them out. For homework watch Jurassic Park 1-5.
LOL I guess that you think that Jurassic Park is a documentary. :rolleyes::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

iouae

Elephant hurling... we're already on to it. Try some actual arguments.

Please document this claim (i.e., prove it).

Fake news.

Yes, he followed God's orders to the letter.

Gen 6:22 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:22) Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

Your bogus claims are to blame.

More false claims. Thanks so much.

LOL I guess that you think that Jurassic Park is a documentary. :rolleyes::LOL::ROFLMAO:
You asked me to prove that 99% of animals which have ever lived are extinct.

"99% of the four billion species that have evolved on Earth are now gone." https://ourworldindata.org/extinctions

Thus only 1% of life that has ever existed, lived before the flood if Noah did his job which you quoted in Gen 6:22 that he did.

Thus proving my point that most life existed pre-Adam.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank

"99% of the four billion species that have evolved on Earth are now gone." https://ourworldindata.org/extinctions

Thus only 1% of life that has ever existed, lived before the flood if Noah did his job which you quoted in Gen 6:22 that he did.

In other words, when you are requested to prove that the Darwinistspeak you eat up is true, you cannot do so, and instead are only able to continue mindlessly parroting the Darwinistspeak of your fellow, Bible-despising Darwin cheerleaders.

Right Divider

Body part

You've only proven that you are willing to be the blind following the blind.

"It's got to be true, a website said so". :rolleyes:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Come on! Give me a break, will ya?
There is no amount of relative motion that can create the differences in Z values within what is essentially same celestial object!

There is a .0362 difference between two of the Z values in that image I posted. That's a difference of something like 500,000 light years! That's FIVE TIMES the diameter of the Milky Way Galaxy and more than double the width of the Andromeda Galaxy! There isn't ANY amount of relative motion that could throw off the distance measurement by that much!

If relative motion was even remotely close to being able to explain these anomalies, Dr. Arp, a guy who spent his entire career as a professional astronomer, wouldn't have ever bothered to bring it up, never mind write a book about it and later end up having to move to Europe because of the hostility towards his ideas that came against him here in the "land of the free"!

What the redshift values prove is that there is something fundamentally wrong with our understanding of what can create redshift. It happens to be one of a whole list of things that prove the Big Bang Theory is false.
By the way, iouae's complete lack of even acknowledging my argument in the above post as well as what I presented in post #364, is his tacit admission that he has not only lost this debate but that he isn't interested in either debating nor in being persuaded an inch away from the wacky beliefs that he's picked up that he thinks allow him to ride the fence* between the atheistic and Christian worldviews. He is a cock-roach that has scurried away from the light because he loves darkness and would rather twist the scripture to suit an atheistic worldview than to even bother to question something as flimsy as the Big Bang theory, of all things.

I am personally encouraged by the fact that I don't ever have to shut my eyes to substantive arguments in order to maintain my worldview. I love that I can hold to my beliefs with integrity and genuine intellectual honesty, which is not something everyone can say. Of course, we all have to guard our minds against biases that can creep in so easily and blind us to errors that we are making but to close one's eyes and purposely blind yourself is a sin that I can hardly comprehend. Why anyone would be willing to do it, I cannot fathom. Where is the remedy to self-induced blindness? Who can teach the willfully ignorant?

"Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
For your heart has grown dull.
Your ears are hard of hearing,
And your eyes you have closed,
Lest you should see with your eyes and hear with your ears,
Lest you should understand with your hearts and turn"
(From Isaiah and Jesus)

*He isn't actually a fence sitter, by the way. No one is, nor can anyone be. Those who try always conform the bible to the atheist worldview rather than the other way around, which shows which side their really on.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There are so many things wrong with hydrological sorting,

As RD said, this is elephant hurling.

it is hard to know where to begin.

Not our problem.

First, of all creatures God created, only 1% are alive today.

Even if this were true, so what?

Did Noah and God do such a poor job that they lost the other 99% in the flood. This would be a huge problem since God clearly instructed Noah

Nope. As RD pointed out, Noah did exactly as God told him to.

You, for believing that someone is at fault for animals going extinct.

Second and most obvious problem is that if you take all that ever lived and shake them all up, they don't sort into the layers we see in the geologic column.

No one has said that you "shake them up."

Here is what happened:

Or, if you don't have the time to watch a 28 minute video, jump to 7:46.

For instance the light flying dynasours would float on top and be in the top layers with their hollow bones. Yet there they lie, with all their heavy kin like T rex.

Why would they be on top, considering the above portion of the video?

Next obvious problem is that each Paleontological era or epoch

Try taking off the evolutionist/darwinist/anti-Bible lenses you have on for once and take a step back.

The so-called "paleontological era" you speak of is part of the sediments laid down by the flood. As I said above, the WHOLE "geologic column" is the result of the flood, not just parts of it.

had its producers, herbivore and carnivore with top predator and all were of suitable and similar size. A T rex roaming the savannah today with today's mammals would quickly wipe them out. For homework watch Jurassic Park 1-5.

What, you think Jurassic Park is a documentary or something?

Again, lenses, off.

Maybe you remember what God said in Genesis 2 and 9, which shows that all creatures, including humans, prior to the flood, were herbivores. They didn't eat meat. There were no T-Rexes eating all the animals, because they would have been eating plants along with the rest of them.

Homo naledi is a species of archaic human discovered in 2013 in the Rising Star Cave, Cradle of Humankind, South Africa dating to the Middle Pleistocene 335,000–236,000 years ago. The initial discovery comprises 1,550 specimens, representing 737 different elements, and at least 15 different individuals. Despite this exceptionally high number of specimens, their classification with other Homo remains unclear.

Neanderthals (/niˈændərˌtɑːl, neɪ-, -ˌθɑːl/,[7] also Homo neanderthalensis or Homo sapiens neanderthalensis)[8] are an extinct species or subspecies of archaic humans who lived in Eurasia until about 40,000 years ago...The 2010 Neanderthal genome project's draft report presented evidence for interbreeding between Neanderthals and modern humans.[84][85][86] It possibly occurred 316–219 thousand years ago,[87] but more likely 100,000 years ago and again 65,000 years ago.[88]Neanderthals also appear to have interbred with Denisovans, a different group of archaic humans, in Siberia.[89][90] Around 1–4% of genomes of Eurasians, Australo-Melanesians, Native Americans, and North Africans is of Neanderthal ancestry, while the inhabitants of sub-Saharan Africa have only 0.3% of Neanderthal genes, save possible traces from early Sapiens-to-Neanderthal gene flow and/or more recent back-migration of Eurasians to Africa. In all, about 20% of distinctly Neanderthal gene variants survive today.
From Wikipedia.

Have you ever considered that what Wikipedia is biased against the Bible?

Have you considered that not everything Wikipedia says is truth?

In other words, you do realize that Wikipedia is fallible, right?

To me it's obvious that Adam was never contemporaneous with either Homo naledi or Homo sapiens neanderthalensis.

So what if it's obvious to you?

It's wrong.

Adam was the FIRST man. Neanderthals were his DESCENDANTS. That means they are, by definition, YOUNGER than he is. Adam is about 7.5 thousand years old.

God was experimenting with hominids before 6000 years ago getting it finally right and wiping earth clean with a mass extinction 6000 years ago and recreating earth with Adam and Eve as the first and only hominids to whom salvation was offered.

Where do you even come up with this nonsense?

Have you just completely abandoned the Bible at this point, preferring to believe whatevere the heck you want?

Because NONE of this is supported by the Bible.

Even so, God goofed

No, God didn't "goof."

and repented Himself that He had done so, and wiped them all out, starting again with Noah's family.

This completely misses the point of why God repented.

When was the last time you actually read Genesis from 1:1 to 50:26?

For those of you who say God cannot goof and is omniscient knowing even the future, then here are His own words.

God DID NOT "goof."

No one here in this discussion has asserted anything of the sort, nor have we asserted that God knows the future, or is omniscient, in the classical sense.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Gen 6:6
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

And WHY did it grieve Him?

Because MAN had become wicked!

Not because God "goofed."

God nearly did what He had done many times before with earth, which was to wipe it clean with a mass extinction,

Unsupported assertion.

laying down another epoch in the geologic column.

Again, the geologic column was, in its entirety, laid down by the global flood of Noah's time. See the video (or portion thereof) above that demonstrates how layers would form in sediments.

But because Noah was pure in his generations,

You don't have any clue as to what that might mean, do you?

You have no idea why such a phrase even exists in the Bible, let alone why God would save Noah because of it.

God saved mankind.

Yes, He did, He spared Noah and his family because apart from him, humanity had become so wicked and vile that God couldn't stand to look at them anymore, His beautiful creation that was His MASTERPIECE!

Yet at babel man went wrong again but God had promised with a rainbow not to destroy mankind with a flood (or presumably with pestilence, meteors, volcanoes etc).

Yes, and?

The small % of Neanderthal genes in modern humans is not because they mated together, its because God took what he liked from Neanderthals, and put those genes in Adam. None of Adam's kin ever met a Neanderthal.

Wrong. It's because Neanderthals were human.

I tried looking up tidal pumping, and the little I found seems to have no connection with hydrological sorting.

That's because there won't be much on it, because it would absolutely destroy the secular worldview that the flood is what laid down the sediments found in the geologic column.

Many folks watch complicated videos on theology

The video playlist I gave you was not complicated, and even if it was, it wouldn't matter, because sometimes things are more complex than you might like.

and are convinced without being able to explain what they watched simply in a paragraph.

Sorry, but no one can explain an entire theory that is FAR more complex than can fit in a single paragraph. That's why it's written down in a book.

If one cannot explain one's beliefs, but have to refer to a video or book, I am sorry but I don't have the time or interest to watch videos or read complicated books, just to prove someone wrong.

But you'll clearly watch videos and read books and sites that agree with you, as you demonstrate by watching UN's video.

That's called intellectual dishonesty, Vowels. It's called special pleading. It's deliberately ignoring something that is unfavorable to one's own position.

Especially when what I already believe has no obvious holes in my theories that I feel driven to find the missing truth.

A classic case of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I apologise that giving me homework ended with school.

Whatever that means...

I did watch this video and Hydroplate theory is mostly about water.

Because it's about... gasp! ...a flood! Whodathunkit?

I believe in the Noah flood.

No, you don't. You believe what people who hate the Bible say about the Flood. Huge difference.

The heat and pressure from Hydroplate theory

Then you clearly don't understand the Hydroplate theory well enough to be commenting on it.

The HPT states that the fountains of the great deep were EXTREMELY COLD. In addition, several factors also mitigated any heat that would have been generated. A full list can be found on https://rsr.org/heat.

would make it difficult for a boat to survive,

Why?

especially if Brown believes the pressure was enough to send rocks into space to hit the moon, form asteroids and the Kuiper belt.

Consider:

hpt-heat-BN-hands-butane.jpg

You seem to be forgetting that all of that energy being released during the flood was DIRECTED energy, as in, focused in one direction: UP.

So the little I have watched turns me completely off Hydroplate theory as being good science.

That's because you're so brainwashed by secular theories and your own beliefs that you're conditioned to reject anything that makes any ACTUAL sense.

Try again.

My belief is that mountains were much lower pre-flood,

We agree.

and thus it was not hard to cover earth with water,

We agree.

not needing Hydroplate theory to explain where the water came from.

So where DID the water come from?

There was a Noah flood, how it occurred is just detail.

This is a cop out.

"Let's just discard this theory I disagree with, because I don't like it, by claiming 'how it occurred is just detail,' so that I don't have to defend my beliefs while still pushing them."

What a hypocrite!

Clete was right in his post just now. You aren't interested in discussion, in questioning anything. You're too dead-set in your beliefs.

This is a nonsequitur.

Just because (if the above is correct, and this is no admission that it is) 99% of all life lived before the flood, doesn't mean that most life existed before Adam.

Adam lived long before the flood, as he was created about 2000 years before the flood, give or take 100 years. Why does most of the life that has ever existed have to have existed before Adam was created?

iouae

Why does most of the life that has ever existed have to have existed before Adam was created?
Because Noah was commanded to take all air breathing animals onto the ark. If 100% of all air-breathing animals existed contemporaneous to Noah building the ark and only 1% survives today, then 99% did not make it onto the ark. So either Noah goofed (which he did not) or Noah took ALL air breathing animals onto the ark and ALL survive till today (minus the few who die every day). And ALL who survive today are just 1% of ALL who ever existed. The only other time they could have existed was pre-Adam - as the geologic column shows. Science is spot on, that there were multiple mass extinctions wiping out 99% of all species pre Adam.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Where do you even come up with this nonsense?

Have you just completely abandoned the Bible at this point, preferring to believe whatever the heck you want?

Because NONE of this is supported by the Bible.
The more of his silliness I read, the more I notice that he is willing to direct whatever hostility toward the scriptures is necessary in order to maintain the atheistic worldview (i.e. Big Bang Cosmology and Darwinism).

He isn't three inches away from divorcing himself from Genesis altogether and the rest of the bible will likely follow shortly after. He is a functional atheist.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Because Noah was commanded to take all air breathing animals onto the ark. If 100% of all air-breathing animals existed contemporaneous to Noah building the ark and only 1% survives today, then 99% did not make it onto the ark. So either Noah goofed (which he did not) or Noah took ALL air breathing animals onto the ark and ALL survive till today (minus the few who die every day). And ALL who survive today are just 1% of ALL who ever existed.

That doesn't answer the question.

Again, Why does most of the life that has ever existed have to have existed before Adam was created?

The only other time they could have existed was pre-Adam

False. There was about 2000 years between Adam's creation and the Flood.

Noah wasn't Adam's son.

He was his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandson.

- as the geologic column shows.

According to your interpretation.

However, your interpretation doesn't take into consideration (and which you have completely ignored) that the entire geologic column was laid down by the flood waters.

Science is spot on,

The "Science" you're referring to rejects the Bible as being accurate.

True science, however, shows that the Bible is correct. In that, yes, science is spot on.

that there were multiple mass extinctions wiping out 99% of all species pre Adam.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

And again, you're ignoring the literally 2000 year gap between Adam and Noah.

iouae

JR I will try this approach. Why are there no T rex's around today? If they were around pre flood and Noah did his job, why did they not make it to the present?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
JR I will try this approach. Why are there no T rex's around today? If they were around pre flood and Noah did his job, why did they not make it to the present?

You're dodging.

Don't avoid the direct challenge to your assertion.

Why does most of the life that has ever existed have to have existed before Adam was created if 1% exists/ed after Noah? Why are you ignoring the roughly 2000 years between Adam and Noah?