• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

How does one determine, using the scientific method, that the earth is billions of years old?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
So? I did not say he or she was.
Part of communication is perception. When you create the perception that you are advocating or implying a particular position or view, you're not necessarily explicitly saying the thing. Your post implied that Town was among anti-God hedonists in some way, that he was related with anti-God hedonism, because you responded to a post which was a list of different users, and you started talking about anti-God hedonism in direct response to that post, with the list, which included Town, right at the top.

That's all. Just setting the record straight, in my view. I never saw anything I'd characterize as anti-God hedonism in Town's work here.

marke

Part of communication is perception. When you create the perception that you are advocating or implying a particular position or view, you're not necessarily explicitly saying the thing. Your post implied that Town was among anti-God hedonists in some way, that he was related with anti-God hedonism, because you responded to a post which was a list of different users, and you started talking about anti-God hedonism in direct response to that post, with the list, which included Town, right at the top.

That's all. Just setting the record straight, in my view. I never saw anything I'd characterize as anti-God hedonism in Town's work here.
I'm sorry that you misunderstood me.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Knows it inside out.
Yeah like how @chair knows chemistry inside and out, and assuming @Skeeter is being accurate, how he or she or neither he nor she knows whatever discipline his or her or neither his nor her PhD is in. PhD of ... what? For Skeeter? We don't know.

I think but I don't know if @gcthomas is a PhD.

But the more experts the better, all other things being equal.
Was certainly good to see him school those who were utterly ignorant of matters jurisprudence. Entertaining as all get out in fact...
Persuading anyone online is thankless work.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Where does it say that?

Correction, 7500 years, give or take 100 years. The following four pages explain why (they're adjacent to each other in the book, so you can easily navigate to the other three from the first one by hitting the Next Page button once, twice, or thrice, respectively).