• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

How does one determine, using the scientific method, that the earth is billions of years old?

marke

Yes. Most definitely. The following people can:

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Richard Dawkins
Daniel Dennett
Greg Graffin
Steven Pinker
Matt Ridley
Carl Sagan
Peter Atkins
Robert Ardrey
Bill Nye, the Science Guy
Walter White aka Heisenberg
When asked to present proof of billions of years the overwhelming majority of Americans will admit they cannot do that. When asked to explain why they believe the earth is billions of years old they can only reply something like "I believe what he said."

Right Divider

Body part
I attempted to have a scientific discussion with one of our resident "evolutionary geniuses" here a while back. He would NOT discuss a single thing regarding the actual science of radiometric dating. He continuously went to fallacious arguments: who believes in it, what their credentials are, how many believe in it, etc. etc. etc.

Billions of years based on radiometric dating is a fantasy, plain and simple.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
OK, to make it clear: Chicks (generally) suck at logic and science.
No way. My evidence is personal experience, plus an article of faith, that women, men and intersex people are all human beings, and human beings are almost basically "wired" for logic. The uniformly agreed-to goal of science is to avoid being illogical in the pursuit of knowledge. The only way that human beings can function as biochemical organisms is if we are almost basically "wired" logically. This organization extends to our brains. Training in logic is natural and for all those who aren't obstinate, it is possible to bring our minds into better conformity with logic. There is no limit to what a woman can do logically, just the same for men and intersex people.

And ... whoops. I just noticed that all you're saying right now is that women tend to be somewhat less logical than the average man. So that's not at all what I was responding to----my bad! Sheepish.

Mary Contrary 999

OK, to make it clear: Chicks (generally) suck at logic and science.
This is just wrong. Women are less able to excell at math, but they are in general more than competent at logic and science.
It is males doing a weak job attacking evolution. I used to wipe the floors with evolutionists trying to make their case here. Y'all barely holding your own lately

marke

This is just wrong. Women are less able to excell at math, but they are in general more than competent at logic and science.
It is males doing a weak job attacking evolution. I used to wipe the floors with evolutionists trying to make their case here. Y'all barely holding your own lately
Women have female qualities that men do not have and men have abilities that excel those in women, such as swimming, for example, that modern male transvestites have proven by invading women's sports.